The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• SunnyBunBun79
    SunnyBunBun79 Posts: 2,228 Member
    I'm achy breaky today. Walked faster than I usually do, yesterday, around the neighborhood. There were several Babushka sightings apparently πŸ˜‘
  • Alan_UK_1974
    Alan_UK_1974 Posts: 34 Member
    Morning/afternoon everyone - hope you're all having a great week. I've lost 2lbs in just over a week and I'm delighted, beast mode activated!

Feel free to add me, fellow middle-agers 😊
  • Alan_UK_1974
    Alan_UK_1974 Posts: 34 Member
    Does 36 count? πŸ˜‚

I reckon so! 😁
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,838 Member
    πŸ‘€
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Is it just me, or are the middle agers getting younger by the year? Like yeah, I pitched in here at 37, but that doesn't mean everyone can!

Haha. I jest obviously. Just had to have my biannual chime in
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Good morning everyone. No idea why but I keep getting friend requests from men who have a semi naked woman as their profile pic and said women are certainly in no need to be here by the looks of them. Anyone else getting them ?

I have, too. Or just the semi naked women who have been members for a while and have no posts and no friends. I admit, its been a while since I've been here. Is that the new thing now?
  • JonsLady2016
    JonsLady2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Good morning! Starting over, yet again. I have a few things to work on with my health. Weight, Cholesterol, and Acid Reflux. Times are so over whelming right now. I decided to check things off my 'list' one at a time. I chose to work on the Acid first, as it is so painful at times. I'm hoping too, by working on that it will help with some weight loss. But, didn't do so good last week. Starting over Monday- day.. :-) I have been on so many weight loss 'journeys'. They work/help, but only if i work on my mindset first. I have a hard time getting started with exercising. I'm married, a mother of 2, step mom of 2, and 12 grandchildren. I need to keep myself health for my family, and for God. That's my story pretty much right now. :-)
  • JonsLady2016
    JonsLady2016 Posts: 4 Member
    p.s...i am 59, turning 60 this year.
  • Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    It's duck egg day ! I do love them, so much tastier than a hen's egg and smoother too. 3 of them in an omelette with spicy cajun sauce & some mini sweet peppers with a sprinkle of corned beef and I am very happy. That's going to keep Me going through till tea tonight.
  • jwills9082
    jwills9082 Posts: 16 Member
    It's duck egg day ! I do love them, so much tastier than a hen's egg and smoother too. 3 of them in an omelette with spicy cajun sauce & some mini sweet peppers with a sprinkle of corned beef and I am very happy. That's going to keep Me going through till tea tonight.

Sounds delicious πŸ˜‹
  • jwills9082
    jwills9082 Posts: 16 Member
    Good morning! Starting over, yet again. I have a few things to work on with my health. Weight, Cholesterol, and Acid Reflux. Times are so over whelming right now. I decided to check things off my 'list' one at a time. I chose to work on the Acid first, as it is so painful at times. I'm hoping too, by working on that it will help with some weight loss. But, didn't do so good last week. Starting over Monday- day.. :-) I have been on so many weight loss 'journeys'. They work/help, but only if i work on my mindset first. I have a hard time getting started with exercising. I'm married, a mother of 2, step mom of 2, and 12 grandchildren. I need to keep myself health for my family, and for God. That's my story pretty much right now. :-)

Hi . My husband suffers from Acid reflux , what are you doing to combat it? Are you on a special diet ?
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Is it just me, or are the middle agers getting younger by the year? Like yeah, I pitched in here at 37, but that doesn't mean everyone can!

It's all good, @Versicolour. I'm balancing things out from the other side. Hanging out with you kids makes me feel younger. Sometimes. 😁

πŸ˜‚ But you are young! You fit right in here. In fact, this place wouldn't be the same without you
  • RayaBGD
    RayaBGD Posts: 6 Member
    Hi all, I am back again on MFP after the longer pause, due some health issues. As soon the weather allows it, am gonna be on the track again, and hope I will celebrate this year’s 50 on some half marathon.
  • 434cshunt
    434cshunt Posts: 2 Member
    Just started this journey! Any tips appreciated
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member

It's all good, @Versicolour. I'm balancing things out from the other side. Hanging out with you kids makes me feel younger. Sometimes. 😁

πŸ˜‚ But you are young! You fit right in here. In fact, this place wouldn't be the same without you

You're a sweetheart, @Versicolour! πŸ’– I do love this MFP community!
  • 190reasonswhy
    190reasonswhy Posts: 25 Member
    Hello fellow middle agers (I can’t believe I typed that). I just feel like a rusty kid πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ Anyhow, add away. I’m far always from goal.