What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Rowing 500m x 4 paired with decline sit-ups
  • anna_lowe
    anna_lowe Posts: 39 Member
    today was upper body and by god dumbbell overhead presses hurt the back of one of my shoulders so much i don't understand why. no other exercise bothers my shoulders. are there any alternatives that provide the same benefits? i'm limited to 2 52.5 dumbbells and i have some resistance bands laying around here somewhere
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    20'-ish sun salutations and yoga/stretch-y stuff.
    4.28 mile walk, 3.8mph. Colder (49F), windy, but sunny, so good.
    Around 40' easy-pace stationary biking, while (!!!) playing games on my phone.

Trying to take these elderly, messed-up knees right up next to the brink, not over - so far, so good; discomfort, but no full-bore pain. Garmin fitness age now 25! WT actual F'n F?!?! 🤣🤣🤣 Now worried that it's *broken*. 😬

I'm hoping to add back in some core and/or more explicit strength work to the routine, but am feeling like (sigh) I'm teetering right on the edge of undesired cumulative fatigue, overstress of the problem body parts, so holding here until that changes. (Second guessing whether I'm slacking, of course.) HRrest hanging out +/- a couple of beats, so that's reassuring.
    In think in have the dorkiest workouts😂 40 mins of Just Dance on the Nintendo switch! Ftw!

@Iwannabeapunkrockmom, fun workouts are the best workouts!

It's Winter, my river is frozen (I love rowing the rowing shells, but that doesn't work on ice), so I'm just mostly doing tolerable stuff so I don't need to start from square one come real Spring. You are winning. That's pretty great! 🙂
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    20'-ish sun salutations and yoga/stretch-y stuff.
    4.28 mile walk, 3.8mph. Colder (49F), windy, but sunny, so good.
    Around 40' easy-pace stationary biking, while (!!!) playing games on my phone.

Trying to take these elderly, messed-up knees right up next to the brink, not over - so far, so good; discomfort, but no full-bore pain. Garmin fitness age now 25! WT actual F'n F?!?! 🤣🤣🤣 Now worried that it's *broken*. 😬

I'm hoping to add back in some core and/or more explicit strength work to the routine, but am feeling like (sigh) I'm teetering right on the edge of undesired cumulative fatigue, overstress of the problem body parts, so holding here until that changes. (Second guessing whether I'm slacking, of course.) HRrest hanging out +/- a couple of beats, so that's reassuring.
    In think in have the dorkiest workouts😂 40 mins of Just Dance on the Nintendo switch! Ftw!

@Iwannabeapunkrockmom, fun workouts are the best workouts!

It's Winter, my river is frozen (I love rowing the rowing shells, but that doesn't work on ice), so I'm just mostly doing tolerable stuff so I don't need to start from square one come real Spring. You are winning. That's pretty great! 🙂

Agree completely! I row all the time on a machine. When you break down what I do, it's quite absurd actually. As my wife says, "you yank on a chain...". Does that sound bad?? LOL.

I've done that Just Dance game and it's great exercise! Just enjoy it!
  • ZNnerissa
    ZNnerissa Posts: 26 Member
    Elliptical Warm Up
    Back and Bicep Day
    Bent Row
    Seated Row
    Pull Ups/Retractions
    Assisted Pull Ups
    Bicep EZ curl
    Hammer Curls
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Leg Press
    Seated leg curls
    Machine chest press
    Seated rows
    Dumbbell shoulder press
  • AnnPT77
    20' yoga and stretchy stuff
    5353m machine rowing
  • ciscorock
    ciscorock Posts: 2 Member
    1 hour weight training.
    30 min elliptical
    4 mile run.
  • MikePfirrman
    Pth95 wrote: »
    I haven’t been doing anything since lock down started but today I walked around the block

That's a great start. Nice job!
  • suzr84
    suzr84 Posts: 23 Member
    Today I decided to walk rather than take the car and then did an express body pump workout.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Walked some 18km yesterday all in all, including walk to the station and back home. Slept miserably as usual for some reason. I just don't manage to wind down, have problems getting my heart to slow down when I go to bed and fall asleep. It's not drastic, mind, 75-80 as compared to 60-65. But yeah, being active all day means a poor night *yawn*
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited March 2021
    I went for a walk yesterday, and ended up running for 10 minutes. I'm new to running, but it was quite fun. I don't know how far it was - my guess is that would have taken 20 minutes to walk that bit, so 1 mile. So I'm slow, which is expected.

I lifted in the evening, doing 3 sets of 70 kgs (bench) and 3 sets of 5, 30 kgs (overhead press).
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    edited March 2021
    Warm-Up - Yoga

Done as a circuit...
    Handstand Wall Hold - 20-40-60-20-40-20r (3m20s)
    Pull-ups - 3-6-9-3-6-3r (30r)
    Ring Dips - 6x3r (18)
    Jumprope - 6x1m (6m)
  • MikePfirrman
    Today I walk around block twice today was exhausting but I feel better for it

Keep it going! You're doing great. We've all started somewhere. For me, when I was at my biggest (which was around 10 or 11 years ago), it was just literally a few steps at a time. I injured my knee pretty bad and it was all about relearning to walk back then, so if I did 10 steps, it was a good day.

Did 30 minutes of rowing today. Slight progress. HR didn't get over 70% max. Then did 20 minutes of pretty easy stuff on the LateralX.

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Chest day - sets of dumbbell bench 40lbsx20reps, 50lbsx20reps, 55lbss20reps, 60 lbsx15 reps
    pushups to failure (50 reps)
    Cardio - I'll figure something out for tonight...most likely 45mins on elliptical
  • AnnPT77
    Today I walk around block twice today was exhausting but I feel better for it

You're doing just great, starting with what's a bit of a challenge, but doable. Perfect.

Lots of us here didn't start being active or athletic from childhood. I sure didn't: I started being routinely active while still obese, very soon after cancer treatment, when I was already in my mid-40s.

You're in one of the most challenging phases right now, IMO, that phase where we start to make a change in habits. You can amaze yourself with what you'll accomplish, if you just keep going patiently, challenging yourself little by little.

It's a great sign that you're already feeling good after having done it: Yay! 🙂
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    Biked for 30 minutes (8 miles), walked for 40 minutes