The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Very interesting - thanks for sharing! I think I must be missing this enzyme. Because I could have the same amount of alcohol as my friend (similar in size) and be affected so differently including the most wicked hangovers. Good article.

Yes, it was interesting your partner noticed that as well!!
  • RubyRed427
    An article I read says it's best to stay away from the term "relapse" and replace it with "recovery maintenance". I like that idea. Here's a quote from the article in psychologytoday:

"Last but not least, cognitive therapy is still one of the most fundamental and effective tools in relapse prevention when paired with mindfulness and other behavior-oriented approaches. One of the biggest barriers to someone feeling motivated in recovery is that sobriety is “boring” and there is no room for “fun,” creating a dreadful environment in their recovery journey before it even begins. This misconception needs to be changed to the idea that recovery can be, and is, fun. This cognitive change would then be carried out through different recovery-oriented activities, while using mindfulness and relaxation-oriented practices to manage day-to-day stress and build the resilience and discipline required in recovery.
  • RubyRed427
    JenT304 wrote: »
    Happy Easter to those who celebrate it! I look forward to a family lunch with my daughter and grand kids, father in law, and various nieces and nephews. I'll be bringing a fruit salad, a dip, and some Perrier. We are almost all vaccinated now and I am extremely grateful to celebrate normally.

Happy Easter, Jen! Enjoy your day with the family!
  • RubyRed427
    @Up_n_Running Totally not fair. I would be a little upset with your partner, because he doesn't seem to be gravitating towards your goals, he seems to be gravitating to excessive drinking with your brother. Is there a local pub they can go to? It would be so much easier on you.

I am worried about your brother; even though he is young and drinking can be normal for that age, I just don't want his body to be harmed so early at his age.
    p.s. I love the picture of the three of you!
  • RubyRed427
    Thanks for your response @RubyRed427 I will have to talk to my partner about it.

Sorry for ranting / venting on here. I was so frustrated this morning.

This is the perfect place to rant. Sorry for too much advice, I think, I give.

I just feel like you're one of my dear friends, so I would say the same thing to them.
  • RubyRed427
    30 days AF 👌😁

Only another 104 days until I am back at my personal best. Can't wait.

Tattoo parlours are open on 26th April in Scotland, so I will be phoning to book an appointment then.....my tattoo will represent my 100 days AF that I managed on prior streak and also be for my parents so it will be really special for me. Really special. ❤🦋🌹💯

That is beautiful. I can't wait to see your tattoo if you want to share it with us. I love the double meaning. Congrats on day 30!!
  • RubyRed427
    @donimfp It will all work itself out. You had a long run AF for six months; you can use those tools you used before, once again.
    I don't believe willpower works, so you may need to reread (like you said) books, focus on sobriety, meditate, etc.
    I believe in you!!
    Thanks for sharing; every time someone shares their experiences, it helps me sooo much.

I have a little voice that sometimes whispers, "sure you can go back to drinking and be normal." I can see for many of us, it's so hard to be a moderate drinker.

@mtngrl3 Sounds like your ex husband needs some parenting lessons- sorry to be blunt. He should be more respectful of you in regards to his girlfriend (having your kids call her mom). That is too confusing for children.
    He should also be big enough to acknowledge your efforts!!! I'm so proud of you!!