What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Around 30 minutes of supersetting, then 750m X 4 on the rower with one minute rests. Cut it short as I'm expecting a treadmill delivery any minute (for the wife and daughter -- I might walk on it on occasion, but my runner days are over).
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Dumbbell RDLs
    Stability ball leg curls
    Dumbbell bench press
    One arm dumbbell rows
    Dumbbell shoulder press
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Bike/run brick today

Bike 1:02:00 - 10 min warm up, then 3 x (10 min sweet spot power, low cadence (55-65)/ 4 min recovery output)
    then 10min endurance pace, 5 min cooldown

Run off the bike - 15 min at EZ HM endurance pace.(10:15/mile)
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Shoulder day - overhead press with dumbbells , upright row
    An hour walk at a brisk pace
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    Another day, another

* 30' yoga, stretching, foam rolling
    * 5377m machine row

I feel like some of the stretching, and the foam rolling, is helping with knee discomfort from the walking, maybe. But other factors could be helping. Who knows? 🤷‍♀️ Regardless, I'll take the effect, whether I know the cause or not.
  • Djproulx
    Swim this am; 2400 yds
    warmup, then some kicking and pulling drills into
    4 x 400 builds
    cooldown

I'm a mediocre swimmer, so I'll need to add a third swim each week to make significant improvement in swim fitness by race day.
  • MikePfirrman
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Swim this am; 2400 yds
    4 x 400 builds
    cooldown

I'm a mediocre swimmer, so I'll need to add a third swim each week to make significant improvement in swim fitness by race day.

I wouldn't consider anyone that does open water swims a "mediocre swimmer". I'd personally be a great drowner in those circumstances.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Dumbbell RDLs
    Stability ball leg curls
    Dumbbell bench press
    One arm dumbbell rows
    Dumbbell shoulder press

Same today, except dumbbell Squats instead leg curls (and prior to RDLs).
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Swim this am; 2400 yds
    4 x 400 builds
    cooldown

I wouldn't consider anyone that does open water swims a "mediocre swimmer". I'd personally be a great drowner in those circumstances.

I guess it all depends on the group you're comparing yourself against. You're a heck of a rower, but I know that you compare yourself to the elite folks and realize the differences that exist. In my case, I'm an "adult onset swimmer" so I see the wide gap between me and those in my group who were swimmers in high school and college. And at 63, I'm never going to catch them, lol. My goal is to simply finish the swim while remaining fresh for the bike and run.

BTW: Even mediocre swimmers can usually finish an Ironman swim with the help of a wetsuit. :)
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Short 1.4 mile walk during my lunch break and 20 minutes of isometric exercises, inc. Planks this evening.
  • AnnPT77
    35'-ish yoga/stretch/foam roll.
    5.1mi walk, 4.0mph average.
    30' stationary bike, easy pace.
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    It's a rest day today, so only a short 1.6 mile walk lunch time.
  • cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    I did 2,600 steps walking my dog, and later I'm going to walk 55 minutes per way to my Christian friendship club :-)
  • MikePfirrman
    edited April 2021
    Had to miss yesterday to meet with my Accountant (I detest tax season, so if I've seemed grumpy lately, that's why! All better now that I have them done).

Today was 65 minutes or so of cardio. First 40 on the rower, then 25 on the Assault Bike. Really have to pat myself on the back for keeping the HR in check today. I'm usually terrible about that. Plus, it's not easy to do on the rower, but all of it today was under 70% max HR. I strive to keep my SS (steady state) days between 60% and 70% max HR and 52 minutes of the workout were in that zone. Most of the rest of it was climbing up to it in Warmup. Only like 2 minutes slightly above it (at 71%).

An equipment assembly company is putting together the new treadmill tonight (Sole F80). Going in the master bedroom for my wife. I don't run any more, but I might use it to walk uphill on occasion. My daughter loves running, so she'll use it all the time.
  • Djproulx
    Ran tonight. Did the workout on the grass soccer fields.

Did Billats tonight. After warm up and ez pace run for 20 minutes, did 10 x 200 billats, then finished with an ez pace cooldown.
  • AnnPT77
    30' or so yoga - stretch - foam roll.
    5365m machine row. Still doing 2k-2k-500; with 2' of row out, drink water, row in, between; and 2' CD at end, pretty easy pace (around 2:34 on the pieces), around 70% reserve at peak HR. Average spm 19.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    Upper body lifting day. I was massively out of form, everything felt heavy. I did:
    • 2 sets of 5 and 1 set of 4, bodyweight dips
    • 2 sets of 5, 30 kgs OHP and 2 sets of 3, 35 kgs
    • 3 sets of 5, 50 kgs, bench
    • Some L-sits, but I didn't hold them very long.
    • Some pull-ups off the hangboard 20 mm ledge.

I don't know why it was so hard - my sleep was pretty good. Oh well, today is a new day, and I've started off with a few pull-ups, L-sits, dips and a an hour of yoga. These have gone way better than yesterday.
  • Djproulx
    Cut the 5:30am swim short. Plan called for 2500yds, but I quit after 1500, mostly due to fatigue. Think I didn't get enough recovery from last night's run. Have a deep tissue massage set for noon, then an indoor trainer ride tonight.

Hoping today's Covid shot (#2) doesn't cause too many side affects. :)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Warmup - Yoga

Workout
    Handstand
    Wall Holds - 5x20s (1m40s)
    Pull-ups - 8-6-6-4-3r (27r)
    Ring Dips - 5x4r (20r)
    Jumprope - 5x1m (5m)
    Hollow Body Holds - 5x20s (1m40s)
  • MikePfirrman
    Got a bit of a late start, so I only did an hour, which isn't a lot of time for a lift and a row combined. Did a decent superset lift, then straight into a 6K. Wasn't completely all out but hard enough. Not a great time (2:19.1 pace), but that was right after lifting. I was a bit spent to start already. HR got to around 93% of max toward the end and I did manage to end on a decent pace in the last 1000m, so that was good.