• sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    So question...

Strava put my HM distance at 2:00:59
    And Garmin put it at 2:02:31 - I'm guessing because GPS vs course.

What would you count as your record? It's a big difference!

Duh, I’ve worked it out. The course was 300m long so yes, your half was 2:00:59. Take it. This means I can take about the same off my time. Unfortunately, even with this, it still doesn’t make it into my top 10 results.

Wow 300m!

Yeah strava shows the full time, and that my HM time was 2:00:59. And yeah garmin shows I ran a distance of 21.37k.

Makes that sub 2hr more likely haha

Well done both @Avidkeo and @ContraryMaryMary on your races!

This happened to me in one of my half marathon races, the course was 13.3 miles long so instead of taking the chip time as my official time, everyone went by their watches/Garmin as it was 0.2 miles over. Some of the faster/elite runners even made complaints to the race organisers about the course length.

@Avidkeo that means you were almost sub 2 hours which is fantastic 😀
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo Awesome racing! You are killing it!
    @ContraryMaryMary Sorry you had such a bad race. That sounded miserable.
    It's cool that you guys got to meet up!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart So glad to hear that your hip is doing good. Fingers crossed that you don't have any side affects from the vaccine.

@martaindale I hope you get things going soon and your stress level goes down. Good on you for doing what you need to for your mental health!

@marisap2010 Hope things work out for the new job. The current one sounds really stressful at the moment.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo - awesome race!
    @ContraryMaryMary - I hope you are feeling ok and not coming down with something. It is terrible to feel that way in the middle of the race. Was there anything you ate or didn't eat that could account for it?
    I think is awesome that you two were able to meet up IRL and spend a bit of time together! I do find it interesting when sanctioned courses end up being long. I mean how exactly does that happen? And the Elites have every right to be upset especially if it was a qualifier for another big race and the 'extra' kept them from getting that entry.
    @martaindale - Hope you can get the stress worked out. Running was always my stress reliever and it got so bad that whenever I got just a little stressed I wanted to get outside, even when I knew I couldn't. Buying any kind of house right now would be tough. Seems like the market everywhere is going crazy.
    @marisap2010 - I hope the new job comes through for you!

I haven't updated my running mileage yet. I ran on Friday, had a great run and then all kinds of life emergencies that left me exhausted yesterday. I will come back and update after I get a run in this morning.

I came across this site for trail and Ultra running and I know several have asked about finding groups in their area. It is mostly No America focused but there is lots of great information, resources and tips if you are interested in getting started with either. You can find local trail running groups within each state or province as well as races.
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 786 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning ! Yay good to see you after so long! It’s me... elise4270 but I changed it, er took my sons account. Did you ever get a bike? I’m not running. Just being lazy. How’s Kansas?
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see you "stopping by" :) Elise @swenson19d !
  • swenson19d
    Options
    It's nice to see you "stopping by" :) Elise @swenson19d !

thanks! You all are still an inspiration to me. I've not given up (just getting fat LOL).
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning I'm glad your run got better the longer you went. Sometimes I wonder about my Garmin and it's HR monitor, but, when I'm not running and check it, it's usually pretty close. It will spike sometimes, which I find weird and pretty much ignore. Hope you didn't reach your breaking point too.

Great run @Tramboman !

Nice running @sweetdaisy13 ! How many miles is your Ultra?

Nice @Scott6255 !

@kgirlhart ! Glad you had such a nice run and your hip is doing better. Fingers crossed for no side affects from the shot.

@pfeiferlindsey Yay for getting to run with your husband. It's nice when spouses can run together.

• swenson19d
    Options
    swenson19d wrote: »
    It’s me... elise4270 but I changed it, er took my sons account. Did you ever get a bike? I’m not running. Just being lazy. How’s Kansas?
    Kick kitty *kitten* it's good to hear from you Elise @swenson19d ! I've been wondering about you. I hope all is well!

I never got a bike, and to be honest that's why I started running again. Over the last several months as I went by an old, distant running point I would recall the feeling of going all the way out there and back and felt a call to do that sort of thing again. I considered a bike so I could quickly reach those points (and beyond) but I already had a bunch of running gear!

Kansas is still very hilly since I'm in the same place! :tongue: Except to the east and south of me which are the regular old flat Kansas. I am sticking to the flat routes for now. One of my older hilly routes would kill me! I'm so slow and out of shape! Hopefully by mid summer I'm tackling those hills again.

I really missed you runnin’ buddy! Good to know the only hills are cow dung, eh? Lol! Maybe one day we can do that garmin half, er 5k for me. I’ll have to check in more to see what you’ve been up too and how the running goes. Still toying with minimal shoes? And sock paint? Or did you crossover and buy hoka’s?