May 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• journeywithave
    journeywithave Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot @WhatMeRunning & @Scott6255!! Appreciate it very much☺️
    Excited about this challenge and cant wait to get on the treadmill again in the morning 🥳
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    Thank @polskagirl01 ! I have thought about it and it is my streak, my rules. I think I will be more motivated to continue if I get to keep the 117 and just add in that I paused it for a day - hopefully I won't have to pause it any more. Love the pictures of your running route. So pretty. Love that the fishermen cheered you on. :smiley: Humm. Two ton of coal. I think you all got your strength workout for the day.

Thanks @skippygirlsmom . I use MFP mostly on my laptop. I have horrible internet, so never know if it is MFP or the internet when I have problems. I just keep trying until I get on.

Welcome @journeywithave ! It's a great group. I concur with everyone else. Take it easy coming back from the ankle injury. No need to push it too hard to meet a goal and injure yourself further. Looks like you had a great run today.
  • pfeiferlindsey
    pfeiferlindsey Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

In for another 100 miles this month. Stretch goal will be 110 miles, but have a lot planned this month, so we'll see if I can squeak that out.

May 1 - 3.09 miles

Total for May - 3.09 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 96.91 miles
    Morning all!

In for another 100 miles this month. Stretch goal will be 110 miles, but have a lot planned this month, so we'll see if I can squeak that out.

May 1 - 3.09 miles

Total for May - 3.09 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 96.91 miles

Ha, I should have waited until after my run to post everything, but oh well.

May 2 - 6.43 miles
    Total for May - 9.52 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 90.48 miles

Miss a day and you miss so much!!

@quilteryoyo - You totally got it! Look forward to hearing all about the training and experience. :smiley:

May 4 - 5.11 miles
    Total for May - 14.63 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 85.37 miles

Yesterday in a t-shirt, this morning in long sleeves and probably should have worn gloves. Come on warmer weather!

May 5 -4.47 miles
    Total for May - 19.1 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to Go - 80.9 miles

@martaindale - I promise you I want that sweet spot of not needing gloves/tights/long sleeves but not hot and humid.

Took my speed work to the track today. Five, four minute tempo intervals with recovery in between. Felt really good.

May 6 - 3.61 miles
    Total for May - 22.71 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 77.29 miles

May 7 - 3.13 miles
    Total for May -25.84 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 74.16 miles

First double digit run in over a year!!

May 9 - 10.04 miles
    Total for May - 35.88 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 64.12 miles

Just an easy 10K to start the day.

May 11 - 6.28 miles
    Total for May - 42.16 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 57.84 miles

Had another opportunity to run with my husband today and really enjoyed it as we don't get to do it often.

May 12-4.36 miles
    Total for May - 46.52 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 53.48 miles

May 13 - 3.11 miles
    Total for May - 49.63 miles
    May Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to Go - 50.37 miles
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are feeling better too @Avidkeo . Hope your run goes well tomorrow.

@polskagirl01 Nice running. Love the bargain shoes. You have lovely places to run. Is that mustard plants? I would be surprised if you didn't "feel" your back after yesterday!

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options

Hope your energy levels are back to normal soon @katharmonic

@ContraryMaryMary your story reminds me why I rarely run with others (other than my normal asocial tendencies that is). Although in my case I'm always the slow one! :lol:

Great to hear you are both feeling better @quiteryoyo and @avidkeo

Nice shoes and pictures @polskagirl01 - Good to hear your back is fine after carrying around 2 tons of coal all day! :grimace:

Nice running intervals @skippygirlsmom
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    5/2 - 5.66 mile 82 min easy effort
    5/3 - 2.11 mile 30 min easy effort
    5/4 - 2.15 mile 30 min easy effort
    5/5 - 1.66 mile 20 min stamina effort
    5/6 - 2.19 mile 30 min easy effort
    5/7 - 2.17 mile 30 min easy effort
    5/9 - 4.15 mile 60 min easy effort
    5/10 - 3.46 mile 48 min easy effort
    5/11 - 3.47 mile 48 min easy effort
    5/12 - 2.61 mile 32 min stamina effort
    5/13 - 3.45 mile 48 min easy effort

May total: 33.08 miles
    May goal: 95 miles

I added my strength training back into the schedule this week (shouldn't have stopped, but you know, got lazy) so I suspected today's run would be a bit more sucky since yesterday was squats along with that stamina effort run. I was definitely slower starting off as my legs were hesitant to follow my brains commands to start running and I wound up running that first segment a lot farther than usual. I can probably chalk part of that up to increased cardio, but I am sure a fair share was a slower start. Once I got going however the only issues were that my legs had a slight case of the noodles, but not too terrible. In the end I wound up with a speedy first mile from that longer first segment, and then some slightly slower miles than on my recent comparable efforts. It all averaged out to about the same distance as I reached on the other two 48 minute runs this week, so I performed better than I felt. According to Garmin my form didn't break down either on any of the metrics it gathers, which was a surprise because I felt like I was needing to correct my form a lot today. I guess I managed to stay on top of that.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Thank you @WhatMeRunning slow and steady :)