Coronavirus prep

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    https://youtu.be/20DxL8KhvgA

Starting at 23:40 is a detailed report from MS (USA).

In the first part Dr. Campbell covers the research of extra long term protection for those that get Covid-19 before or after being fully vaccinated. The pandemic should be moving to endemic mode when all are vaccinated and/or actually have Covid-19.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I worry mostly about the children who haven't reached the right age yet to be vaccinated. And about the children whose parents are making choices for them that might not be making the best choice. :( Children pretty much have very little say.
    If adults don't want to vaccinate, then that's on them if things turn out badly. :( But I loathe thinking of all the ones whom they may infect along the way. :(

A question about Texas and schools reopening.....I have a nephew whose 2 children are back in school and masks haven't been mandated yet the Numbers are climbing terribly. Why no mandates? Last year, their school didn't require masks either; in fact, my nephew's 2 children were the only 2 children in their class picture, wearing masks.

Here, I know they're at least going into the year masking up and seeing how it goes.

In Texas, there are legal battles because the Governor has said schools cannot require masks, and some school districts have required masks. It then comes to a question of whose authority holds more weight. Last I heard, the Texas Supreme Court is allowing school districts to make mask mandates if they want, but only until the cases are decided. Wasn't this a similar legal issue in the Des Moines, Iowa public schools last year?