Dropping pounds with inspiring pals *CLOSED GROUP*

Options

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    @TNA-- Twins! WOOHOO, I totally want twins!

Me too! When we're finally ready to have more kids (other than I'm spoiled only child), I soooo hope the twins gene pops up (or however that works). My husband has IDENTICAL twins that run in his family, and I think that is absolutely adorable!

PS - I am also an over user of smilies usually. I love your creative ending with all of them! lol If you do wear your HRM to PT let us know how that goes. :flowerforyou:

@TNAJackson - Thats a great loss for measurements. Hey I figure any loss in the waist gets extra points (since that always seems to be the last place that wants to go!). Can't wait to see how 30DS works out for you. All I can say is JM killed me with all the squats and lunges she does, but I guess that's the point...killer...but effective.

@caroltina - I hate that! Especially when your already teetering on that breaking point, then the scale decides its going to be a smart *kitten* and jump all over. At that point I usually want to throw it out the window, followed by a pint of ice cream (which I don't recommend!). I hope things calm down so that you get a little "you" time and are able to relax.

@atd81 - That's good! You'll be wanting those later to see how far you've come and why your never going back! :drinker:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    I've been in kind of a sulky mood since yesterday. I think even though I'm trying to stay positive and just push through, I can't help but be disappointed that I'm another year older...and another year still FAT.... I know it all takes time. To be honest, I'm also not the best at staying on track (I let myself get derailed too easily by my emotions). The fact that I've almost hit 50lbs loss in 1 year (my MFP 1 yr anniversary is coming up) is still good, but its just not where I had envisioned I'd be a year ago. I suppose I had set high expectations of myself, and now with my birthday, and that I've been at this for almost a year, the fact that I didn't meet those expectations is screwing with my head. I have a friend on MFP who started the same time as me (almost to the day), and has lost 105lbs already. Which is just amazing, and I am happy for her. Its just...in the back of my head I compare....and think "see stupid, if you would have just put down the cookies and got your butt to the gym, that could have been you"....

BUT...like i said...trying to stay positive and tell all those little naggy bi*chy voices in my head to go away...and use this as motivation to really stay on track this time. To go to the gym even when I don't want to. To put down the ice cream even though I've had a bad day and I just want instant gratification. I just hate that its all still hard after this long. But you know what? If I can at least keep up my half-*kitten* pace I seem to have, that will still put me at -100lbs by this time next year! (see...see there is optimism in there somewhere...buried very deep).

This a recipe I recently posted, some of you have probably already seen it. But it was a good one. (and you can make it even less calories by leaving out the beans if you wanted)....

Got this from Crock Pot Girls on facebook, then altered it a bit. Btw, this recipe makes a lot. Made this for our family of 3, and will probably get 4 meals out of it. Freezing some for later days

IMG_6114.jpg?t=1315451890

Crockpot Chicken Tacos
    (2oz servings, not including Taco shell or toppings)
    Calories: 64 Carbs: 8 Fiber: 2 Fat: 1 Protein: 8 Sugar: 1 Sodium: 74

Ingredients
    1 lbs dry black beans
    2 lbs boneless chicken breast
    2 10oz cans Rotel MILD (you can do hot, but for the whole family I'd stick to mild)

NIGHT BEFORE PREP

The night before you need to soak the beans. Pour 1lb bag of beans into large bowl, and fill with water until there is 2-3 inches of water over the top of the beans. Let sit overnight.

Directions
    1) Drain beans.
    2) Combine Rotel, Chicken, and Beans in crockpot.
    3) Turn crockpot to high and let cook (6-8 hours).
    4) About 1-2 hours before eating shred chicken with fork and mix all ingredients.

Eat on top of tostadas, in tacos or burritos, or just by itself. Tastes really good with light sour cream & cheese!

(made homemade taco shells w/ Arizona Corn Tortillas, used daisy sour cream, and great value fiesta cheese, taco came out to 135 cal each, but super filling.)
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I've been in kind of a sulky mood since yesterday. I think even though I'm trying to stay positive and just push through, I can't help but be disappointed that I'm another year older...and another year still FAT.... I know it all takes time. To be honest, I'm also not the best at staying on track (I let myself get derailed too easily by my emotions). The fact that I've almost hit 50lbs loss in 1 year (my MFP 1 yr anniversary is coming up) is still good, but its just not where I had envisioned I'd be a year ago. I suppose I had set high expectations of myself, and now with my birthday, and that I've been at this for almost a year, the fact that I didn't meet those expectations is screwing with my head. I have a friend on MFP who started the same time as me (almost to the day), and has lost 105lbs already. Which is just amazing, and I am happy for her. Its just...in the back of my head I compare....and think "see stupid, if you would have just put down the cookies and got your butt to the gym, that could have been you"....

BUT...like i said...trying to stay positive and tell all those little naggy bi*chy voices in my head to go away...and use this as motivation to really stay on track this time. To go to the gym even when I don't want to. To put down the ice cream even though I've had a bad day and I just want instant gratification. I just hate that its all still hard after this long. But you know what? If I can at least keep up my half-*kitten* pace I seem to have, that will still put me at -100lbs by this time next year! (see...see there is optimism in there somewhere...buried very deep).

Comparing yourself to others will always make you feel horrible. Trust me, I do it all the time although I'm slowly learning not to. We have to remember, everyone is different and are affected differently by things. You said you have a problem with getting derailed easily and eating cookies and ice cream, but what you don't know is that the girl you are comparing yourself to may be emotionally NOT eating and may end up with health problems down the line (totally an example). Focus on you because you are doing absolutely amazing if you ask me! :flowerforyou:

Suggestion on the emotional eating thing... What if you stocked your house with better calorie substitutes? Like sorbet instead of icecream and 100 calorie packs of cupcakes instead of cookies. That way, you can still go for the things you want, just a little bit better for you (btw, I need to take my own advice on this one)! I dunno, just an idea! :bigsmile:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Suggestion on the emotional eating thing... What if you stocked your house with better calorie substitutes? Like sorbet instead of icecream and 100 calorie packs of cupcakes instead of cookies. That way, you can still go for the things you want, just a little bit better for you (btw, I need to take my own advice on this one)! I dunno, just an idea! :bigsmile:

Ya, I do keep my house stocked with good food. Luckily I haven't had a super bad day in a while (even with not watching my food for 2 weeks of going MIA)....but when I'm having one of those crap-tastic emotional eats...my mind is gone so far I've actually driven to the store and bought $20 worth of stuff (2 bags of chips, pint of ice cream, candy bars, slim jims etc etc)...then ate them in one sitting when I got home. :0/
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    Hi All! Well since it's recipe day I'll add this one for Potato, Broccoli and Cheese Soup. It's kind of chilly here today and this makes me want some good cold-weather food! This is pretty much the original and I modify it depending on what I have available. A serving is usually under 300 calories unless you use more of the cheese.

Original Recipe Yield 6 to 8 servings

Ingredients
    2 cups chopped onion
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    2 1/2 pounds peeled and cubed potatoes
    5 cups boiling water
    4 cubes chicken bouillon
    3 cups fresh broccoli, cooked and drained
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 1/2 cups shredded Low Fat Cheddar cheese

Directions
    1.In a large stock pot saute onion in olive oil. Add potatoes, water and bouillon cubes. Cover, bring to boil and then reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
    2.Remove tough outer skin of broccoli stems and cook broccoli. Once cooked add to soup.
    3.In a blender or food processor puree half of the soup and return to stock pot. Season with salt and pepper.
    4.Add cheese and heat soup through until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
  • theonlychuck
    theonlychuck Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ya, I do keep my house stocked with good food. Luckily I haven't had a super bad day in a while (even with not watching my food for 2 weeks of going MIA)....but when I'm having one of those crap-tastic emotional eats...my mind is gone so far I've actually driven to the store and bought $20 worth of stuff (2 bags of chips, pint of ice cream, candy bars, slim jims etc etc)...then ate them in one sitting when I got home. :0/

ive so done this too! i need to move out of town!!lol

i can so relate to all of you alls story i never knew weight culd effect getting pregnant, it took us 4 yrs to get pregnant docs told us we wouldnt be able to, so we tried an adoption that fell through after having the 4 week old baby boy for 3.5 weeks, after a 2 month down right deep depression we found out we was pregnant, i had a terrible pregnancy(long story) but was put on bed rest at 20 weeks and the induced me at 37 weeks due to high blood pressure but left me to long and as a result my son has cerebral palsy. but he is my everything he will be 2 next month, but we are going to try to have another baby, well we have been trying! i think god has a plan. i am trying to focus on my weight loss as well ive lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks but the last 2 days i have felt terribly bloated?? not sure why i havent been exercising like i am supposed to but for the most part stay within calories. i didnt log everything yesterday and im kicking myself for it!!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Rebecky27 – your parfait looks gorgeous, and I like the idea of a little crunch from the shredded wheat.

mrssavvysteve – good luck with your HRM and keep us (well me anyway) posted. I bought an inexpensive one over a year ago and finally started using it – but it gives me WAY to too much credit. I just bought a relatively inexpensive Polar model (FT4 I think) and it’s much more reasonable, but I’m pretty sure it lowballs me a bit, but I’d rather have that. I don’t eat my exercise calories back unless I’m feeling hungry, so I’d rather have it estimate a bit low.

caroltina – some days I feel like I shouldn’t have even gotten out of bed. Sounds like you had one of those. Tomorrow’s bound to be better, right? :flowerforyou:

atd81 – Good for you! It takes a bit of courage, doesn’t it? I didn’t take pics until a couple of weeks ago and down about 60 lbs from my highest weight. I measured myself then too. It was… sobering. I’m sort of trying to forget the “before” pics and measurements for a while, but I *know* I’ll be glad later to be able to look back and see how far I’ve come.

NeuroticVirgo – my therapist once told me that the words “should have” and “could have” ought to be removed from the English language. They’re always blameful. I didn’t realize how much I used those words until she pointed it out. We can’t change what was – only what will be. So your perspective on losing the same 40-50lbs in the next year is wonderful! Hang onto that! :)

Thanks for ‘fessing up to driving to the store and buying oodles of junk food to sit and eat it all. I’ve done that many times, and wouldn’t have had the courage to admit it out loud. Guess I just did. You’re brave and full of awesome energy! Thanks for sharing it.

Your recipe looks great – and using dry beans really cuts down on sodium. Canned beans have an extraordinary amount!

rae_mayer – Mmmm… I’ll be trying your broccoli-cheese soup this fall for sure! It’s been, like, 80 degrees here in Ohio though, so maybe in a couple of weeks. :D

theonlychuck – best wishes to you for another beautiful baby. I hope your son’s doing well. I had a peek at your food diary and some days your sodium is pretty high – that might contribute to bloaty-feeling. Try going low-sodium for a few days (under 2,000 mg) and see if that helps.

Ok guys and gals - I'm off to get my homework done for class tomorrow. Have a good night and a great day tomorrow! <3
  • Laurathabomb
    Laurathabomb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone! I am struggling with a cold and allergies on top of that but I managed to make myself go work out today... I don't have a recipe to submit since my life seems to revolve around quick and easy food these days and the old stand by s of low fat spaghetti and taco salad :) (whatever gets you through right?) :devil:

Anyway, I caved today and ate a XXL grilled stuffed burrito for lunch and felt totally indulgent before, during, and after! It was loaded with protein (and fat) but I think it kept me full longer than a regular lunch and helped me not go over my calories for dinner.
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Served with a side of Skinnytaste onion rings.:)

Someone please post the recipe for Skinnytaste onion rings....I LOVE ONION RINGS!
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Don't have a super low calorie recipe to share...I usually save up some calories for dinner because I have to feed our exchange student and I want to make sure that when he eats what we eat he is getting enough calories. Dinner tonight was a 444 calorie chicken stew plus the calories for rice.

Today is my weigh-in day and I was down 2.6lbs this morning. I am checking in for the week at 278.8.

Had a good day today! Got all my water, feeling better (got some sleep), cooked healthy for me...even tried to lower the sodium (but it made dinner really bland). I am going to have to work on the spices for when I cook to find a flavor that i like with lower sodium.

I know it is not NSV monday but here is my NSV for today. I was in a meeting at work today and they had some 100 cal. packs of Lorna Doone's (I love these cookies). I thought...it is only 100 calories...I can treat myself. I grabbed a bag but then ended up spilling half the bag on the floor. Instead of freaking out because I couldn't eat them, I calmly picked them up, threw them away, and thought to myself that was 50 calories I didn't eat!
  • Nikkie_too
    Options
    ADTeachTX - here's the link to the onion rings: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/low-fat-baked-onion-rings.html
    I thought they were good, but not wowee. So glad you had a great day!

Laura - feel better soon! You did great today anyway. Perseverance-girl! Sounds like a superhero, a bit? Yeah? :)

A rainy afternoon/evening cheated me out of my walk home from work and my bike ride. My gym is actually closed for renovations this week, so no stationary-bike option for me. I'm gonna have to make it up the hard way to meet my 150 mile challenge for the month. I did some elaborate cooking instead of working out at home (which was gratifying, actually), then sat on my duff and got my homework done for class tomorrow.

Still trying to figure out how to get some exercise in tomorrow - I need to work early to finish a project, and school until 9:30pm. Maybe a bit when I get home...? I'm usually pretty wiped out though. If you've got a little spare energy tomorrow, kindly send it my way! LOL
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    **********WARNING!!!!!!!!!!! TMI ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!*****************

I need sex!!!!!!!! This never ending TOM is killing my sex life. It has been over three weeks. I'm moody and grumpy and depressed and just feel like UGH!!!!!!!!! My husband isn't so happy about it either!!!! But he is the one that wont touch me when there is even a hint of blood! I'm so frustrated!!!! Sorry you all didn't need to know that but UGH it is really messing with me!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

I need sex!!!!!!!! This never ending TOM is killing my sex life. It has been over three weeks. I'm moody and grumpy and depressed and just feel like UGH!!!!!!!!! My husband isn't so happy about it either!!!! But he is the one that wont touch me when there is even a hint of blood! I'm so frustrated!!!! Sorry you all didn't need to know that but UGH it is really messing with me!

3 weeks?! :noway: :sick: I would be going crazy too... and my fiance is like your husband when it comes to that.
    Have you gone to the doctor yet?? You should get in there asap if you haven't already.
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I thought I would share this with all of you. I'm kind of excited about it. Today marks week 27 of my transformation and I went back and did a week by week line chart of my weigh ins and here it is:
    2955898_7125.jpg

Awesome!!
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options

3 weeks?! :noway: :sick: I would be going crazy too... and my fiance is like your husband when it comes to that.
    Have you gone to the doctor yet?? You should get in there asap if you haven't already.

Poor Renee'! I would totally be going nuts-o too! Isn't if funny how Society views a woman's wants/need for sex as somewhat bad? Ahh... Double Standards... Good luck and here's wishing a stoppage of AF :smile:
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    NaeSUe, What did you find out from your DR? My 17 day period finally ended, and my dr appt. got reshceduled to Oct. 3 so I have to play the waiting game to ask questions.....Any news?

Oh and to the group.....I broke down and am letting myself eat some pizza today....BUT I planned out my entire day around it so I can have 2 slices and a breadstick....lol which means salad for lunch and sugar free jello for a snack later tonight. Along with my usual workout. It's worth it to just get a taste of it now and then! Moderation...right? (even though im sure it's not going to help my PCOS)
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    NaeSUe, What did you find out from your DR? My 17 day period finally ended, and my dr appt. got reshceduled to Oct. 3 so I have to play the waiting game to ask questions.....Any news?

Oh and to the group.....I broke down and am letting myself eat some pizza today....BUT I planned out my entire day around it so I can have 2 slices and a breadstick....lol which means salad for lunch and sugar free jello for a snack later tonight. Along with my usual workout. It's worth it to just get a taste of it now and then! Moderation...right? (even though im sure it's not going to help my PCOS)

You're right! Moderation is the way to go! At least for me if I go totally into "avoiding" everything bad, I will slip and fall and do what Christina confessed, go buy every craving food and eat it ALL in one sitting! :angry: :frown: :embarassed:
  • Nikkie_too
    Options

You're right! Moderation is the way to go! At least for me if I go totally into "avoiding" everything bad, I will slip and fall and do what Christina confessed, go buy every craving food and eat it ALL in one sitting! :angry: :frown: :embarassed:

Agreed, ladies! Life without pizza now and then isn't worth living! Oh yeah - and chocoate too... :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Today is my weigh-in day and I was down 2.6lbs this morning. I am checking in for the week at 278.8.

Yay! That's awesome! :) And good thinking with those cookies.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    Well...last night I managed to control myself enough to not drive anywhere...however I did find a hidden stash of kit-kats in the freezer (don't know how long those were there for)....and I broke into the baking chocolate chips in the deep freezer...*sigh*. All together ate almost 500 calories in candy! :sad: I guess on the plus side, my total calories were still under what MFP has me at for maintenance, and I did exercise yesterday. Maybe it will cancel out my emotional breakdown?

Will just have to move on...but right before I'm supposed to weigh-in! *Bangs head against desk* Just hoping all my efforts the last two weeks kick in...or a miracle happens...I'll take either....

Me last night = angel-smiley-5124.gif