WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Katla ~ I wish I had some good advice to give you but I don't. I know how much you have been looking forward to your trip. I think Barbara's thoughts on finding someone to stay with him would be good. And, the idea of your daughter staying with him instead of going to your son's house would be great.

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DH has realized that we need to fly to Virginia. Yay! This is good news.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options
    B)<3:'(
  • Katla49
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Peach – We just had a family call with our son and DDIL to discuss the trip to visit them. We don't have a time/date for our trip at this point. :heart:
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    MACHKA you are right. it's not easy to totally drop it - for certain reasons but I can definitely let up, as I have previously.

We have an appointment Wednesday -actually with the ministry- so rather major...I worked w O on a text this evening on the phone. We have a prep meeting video Tuesday evening. Before and after it's on hold.
    O was supportive and he said he should have said something to F. So that's good.
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    kizanne2 wrote: »
    Katla - it is a hard position to be caring for someone who hasn't yet accepted they need care or that they impact you in ways they probably don't want to. No one wants to be a burden to their loved ones. I echo the sentiment you may want to look into at least temporary home care while you go see the grandkids

Bananas - that is just awful. No one deserves to be treated like that. I feel for you. Wanting to accomplish something and do something meaningful should be something everyone can get behind but there is always people like F who don't feel good about themselves if they aren't putting someone or their ideas down. Apparently F might be one of those people. If you decide to quit please make sure to let the group know the exact circumstances so that when he picks out his next target they will have a more watchful eye. Or offer the group a choice either you quit or F is uninvited from such meetings.

Michele - I know I've gotten a few friend requests as well. I've been a member for years and now is the only time I've really accepted any. I guess it's just people trying to connect. I'm glad your sciatica seems to be improving.

Heather - great pics

Pip- Love the travel pics.

Rebecca - How great. You can be so proud of your son!

Machka - That's awesome. You did it.

I'm still working too much. I am managing a little better with not stress eating. I will be working much of today but last week I managed to have only one late nighter.

But I finished my gallbladder cleanse and the minor pain I was having has disappeared. I really need to try to schedule them 1/month for the next 10 months or so. They say it really takes between 10 -15 to see more permanent results that was like number 6 or 7 but it's been 1.5 years.

Went shopping Saturday around dinner time. Hubby was hungry so we grabbed some ribs at a place with outdoor seating. I probably went over on calories but I had only had a protein shake that day so maybe not too bad. Back on track today.

Got baby seahorses out of the tank last night. I didn't have any fresh baby brine so we will see if they survive until I can hatch out some baby brine.

kapfavye8ojj.jpg
    yycr4wrpzg88.jpg

Thanks ! I felt really upset today. I had a work session with O today and he said he should have said something to F. So that made me feel better. Also I decided to write a formal email to F even though our collective is not a legally declared association. Saying he's insulted me many times on the phone and now 2 x in front of colleagues out of the 3 times we have met live in the past 6 months, sking him to abstain from being insulting, swearing etc. I told O I now find F repugnant. I never consider people that way - as every one is human - but he is too insulting and vomits out insults...

My friend J said we should just choose - you or him and I choose you. But I think ethically it's not so simple.
    1) if I say me or him that's not really a very reasonable way to function
    2) a few people who are key people are old friend/colleagues of his. though they may prefer me- since I do a ton of stuff and he does zilch - they would presumably not feel comfortable with such an approach.

What I can do is say I may not continue. and I have said that to a few people.

It's true. I said no way am I listening to that anymore. no it's finished. I sent a draft of the mail to a couple of colleagues and set it to be sent tomorrow at 8 am. it's formal for our framework but - informal didn't work.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    658645chjnyww8ey.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    mf3anorpji2w.jpeg
    r1d4pnkzpya1.jpeg
    41a1gcuoq17n.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    Checking in at our next spot
    u3l6itljffgq.jpeg
    49wwh1eji8yt.jpeg
    55eglaeeoux4.jpeg
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Why am I getting all these friend requests from people who don't have any friends and became members years ago?
    Michele NC

Me too? WHat's up with that?!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rebecca - Your son is a valuable man for rescuing and bringing back a navy helicopter. Congratulations! ❤️

Yes I thought so too. I am hoping that his command will look at all the good he does, all the weekends when he's off duty, that he comes in on a moments notice, and that they will put some good words in his military file. He so needs to make 1st Class Petty Officer, and you need to have those "extras" listed. There will come a point that he could "rank out" of the Navy, the last thing he wants. The Navy runs well when many sailors are followers, not necessarily leaders. That is what my son is.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    I have been pondering sentimental items, and how to organize them. My task of organizing photos for eldest and youngest sons, seems to be more about me, and my need to put them a certain way. When the time comes, we have passed, the boys will ultimately go thru the albums picking and choosing what photos they want. It won't be a big task. Do they need an individual container listing each house in date order with the addresses? Probably not. I also have thought about what I like to do when writing letters to my pen pals. Do I like to use stamps, not so much, yet I have a box full of wooden stamps from my sister. I am not holding onto items because someone else has expectations about them.
    This Christmas, I have decided to wait until I receive a Christmas card, to send one to them. I have decided to not send the 70-80 cards out that I normally do. Sometimes we do things out of a self imposed obligation, and that alone becomes a self imposed stress.
    My father and mother each have a "pizza box". Its not REALLY a pizza box but a box similar that my husband bought 40 very inexpensive ones for his games. I took my 12x12 pages and they fit perfectly in them. I shut the boxes and tied them with stribg, and that was that. I shall put my big leather looking album that my fathers stuff had been in, and sell it. I do have a really crumbled and cracking roll of paper that was my fathers " crossing the line" when he was in the Navy. There is no way I can ever make is flat again, and its not like my father ever talked about his time in the Navy. It was just something he did. I have a folded flag from his funeral that was on a casket, but he was cremated so when I think of my father, I think of when we all got together at Mercer Lake scattering his ashes by the place he liked to fish. He wasn't overly patriotic, so when I see this flag I don't feel anything. Its not like I want to get a flag box for it. Does that make sense? So I am thinking on contacting the local Boy Scouts to respectfully take care of it. They do some sort of ceremony burning it.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Pip- im enjoying armchair traveling with you Kirby and Yogi !!.
    Went out with my friends on there pontoon boat today was a little choppy and windy ,but we had a real nice time..
    This was a busy weekend for me ,which is unusual ..so I feel bad that I left Alfie home alone alot and that could be another reason he is pooping on the carpet.. i have put a gate up there so he canr get in there
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I slept in ,yesterday was a busy day but i must say I did sleep well.
    Katla- i will be flying with handicapped access to Nashville.. like Heather said they take great care,when I went last time wirh my dad,I just kept a pocket full of 5s for tips and it went swimmingly, and a golf cart out to the rental car..
    It should be very doable.. if he is having second thoughts than maybe having his sister come would be a good idea..if not like someone said getting a caregivee to come in to assist might help also..
    Im trying to figure out how im going to woek a boatride at 1 and meeting friends for pizza in a different town at 4 ,we shall see..
    I ordered a new double hung window and patio door that i am hoping to have installed before my trip.. but I have to take all the pictures down ,curtains anything around patio door and window that could get damaged ,so that will keep me busy the next few weeks..
    I have a feeling even though im only going for 5 days im going to need to check a bag for the flight,my Cpap would take up a good chunk of the carry on ,so ill have to figure out packing in the next week or so.. I always like to have things set early...

When we have flown- dh's CPAP was not counted as part of his carry on- he had it in another bag.
  • Katla49
    Options
    🙈🙉🙊😘
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    kizanne2 wrote: »
    Katla - it is a hard position to be caring for someone who hasn't yet accepted they need care or that they impact you in ways they probably don't want to. No one wants to be a burden to their loved ones. I echo the sentiment you may want to look into at least temporary home care while you go see the grandkids

Bananas - that is just awful. No one deserves to be treated like that. I feel for you. Wanting to accomplish something and do something meaningful should be something everyone can get behind but there is always people like F who don't feel good about themselves if they aren't putting someone or their ideas down. Apparently F might be one of those people. If you decide to quit please make sure to let the group know the exact circumstances so that when he picks out his next target they will have a more watchful eye. Or offer the group a choice either you quit or F is uninvited from such meetings.

Michele - I know I've gotten a few friend requests as well. I've been a member for years and now is the only time I've really accepted any. I guess it's just people trying to connect. I'm glad your sciatica seems to be improving.

Heather - great pics

Pip- Love the travel pics.

Rebecca - How great. You can be so proud of your son!

Machka - That's awesome. You did it.

I'm still working too much. I am managing a little better with not stress eating. I will be working much of today but last week I managed to have only one late nighter.

But I finished my gallbladder cleanse and the minor pain I was having has disappeared. I really need to try to schedule them 1/month for the next 10 months or so. They say it really takes between 10 -15 to see more permanent results that was like number 6 or 7 but it's been 1.5 years.

Went shopping Saturday around dinner time. Hubby was hungry so we grabbed some ribs at a place with outdoor seating. I probably went over on calories but I had only had a protein shake that day so maybe not too bad. Back on track today.

Got baby seahorses out of the tank last night. I didn't have any fresh baby brine so we will see if they survive until I can hatch out some baby brine.

kapfavye8ojj.jpg
    yycr4wrpzg88.jpg

love the pictures- thanks for sharing them
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »
    Why am I getting all these friend requests from people who don't have any friends and became members years ago?
    Michele NC

Me too? WHat's up with that?!

Delete them.

Or if you do accept them, keep an eye on their profile pictures.