Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    <3
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Heather – I love the photo of Bea. She reminds me of you! :heart: I am happy that your short story. ‘Red Sky at Night’ will be published in the Daily Express Saturday the 8th, and People Magazine on Sunday the 9th. :star:

Machka – I enjoyed our trip to see our son and his family, but getting home is also a pleasure. I enjoy a visit and love to get back home.

Rori - Keeping my fingers crossed that you are able to take your trip to San Diego. I hope your sister gets good results on her Covid test. :flowerforyou:

Rita – Congrats on your great bone density report!

Barbara – Grocery shelves were full at two stores in town. One is Safeway and the other is Market Fresh. There were lots of shoppers at Safeway when we were there. Fred Meyer is in the next town over and we rarely go there. We seem to be happy with our hometown stores.

Machka – I love your photos. You are a wonderful photographer. Maria Island is beautiful.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    MACHKA
    lovely to read about your cat.

GINNY
    writing now but starting back work very soon and have to follow up on mails and things in advance.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    insomnia, 3 am, so worked on some unpleasant email stuff.
    was on stationary bike but so dragging and not enjoying it. only 17 minutes.

today

today working on editing. not interesting. I think I'll read a bit before to make it interesting.
    some work is really boring so it's nice to make it better by adding in some interesting stuff if only it small bit.

meeting fellow student for short writing session at our café.
    haircut planned. consider cancelling since symptomless or low symptom omicron is rampant.
    because they sent a form asking for contact information in case of contact due to contamination.
    since omicron is thought to go by quickly (South African model) I might put off hair cut.

visits for rental apartment today.
    masks are required all over the city at present inside and out. many let it slide below nose or mouth on unbusy streets.

lots of uninteresting email stuff, calls, etc to do...
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    QUESTION
    do any of you listen to relaxation or guided visualisation or meditation type podcasts, recordings etc ?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    QUESTION
    do any of you listen to relaxation or guided visualisation or meditation type podcasts, recordings etc ?

No. They make me feel anxious and stressed.

I find more intense exercise relaxes me. :)

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Julie - I listen to inspiring teachers. I only like a few, most annoy me. On YouTube. I don't do guided stuff these days as it doesn't really work for me. I have my own visualisations I have learned over the years from various sources. Some are excellent and do work if I work at them. :p I have a whole 'sanctuary' that I go to with a set of 'dream dinner party' friends, who are very comforting and inspiring. I have other favourite visualisations that are very effective at clearing junk from the brain. :laugh:
    If I am stressed in the night I find Eckhart Tolle very calming. I don't swallow the whole shebang, but the principle works for me and has made a huge difference to my life, which has hugely improved in the last couple of years.

Hope you can find an imaginary friend, or two. :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Machka - so sorry about your rib. Boo! These things seem so easily done. :#

I somehow smashed my PR on both the elliptical and the recumbent bike this morning. These records have been standing for around 11 years. ;) Goes to show it's never too late! (I'm 72)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka you sure know how to set a scene and spin a plot... but the very best was the camping memories that came back to your DH. :love: Popping a rib=painful, and don’t even think about sneezing :astonished:

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    ul7562ohv00t.gif

Thank you! :) Yes, that was the best part of the story. I am so glad that weekend went well for both of us and that he was so enthusiastic about camping and using his camping things. :)

I did sneeze the night before last. WOW!! :open_mouth: I screamed and couldn't move because it felt like someone had driven a knife right through my back. It was a while before I could stand upright.

That was right up there with sneezing with cracked ribs after a bicycle accident in the early 2000s and my lodged kidney stone in 2009.

But I was warned about sneezing with cracked ribs and had a pillow handy for support. This time I was hanging laundry and completely unprepared.

M in Oz

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Machka-enjoyed the Maria Island journal. Beautiful place. Sorry about the rib-it is amazing how simple things can cause such pain!

Heather-congrats on getting another item published-you are on a roll!

Julie-I don't do much with listening to things. I mainly just check out podcasts while walking. I am currently hooked on mythology readings.

Allie-good luck with the arrival of little guy! Hope the snow doesn't impact things.

We just got a dusting of snow yesterday/last night but we have very cold temperatures.

Youngest son just accepted a new job. He has been disgruntled with current employer for some time. This gives him the chance to work in a different sort of plant and learn about different types of production (work up until now has been automotive). It is a management position in the shop with some growth potential. Increase in pay. Just glad all three of the boys (include my stepson!) are working and responsible.

Off to get Friday out of the way. The week appears to be ending better than it started. UTI still bothersome-hopefully doctor has something good to bring to the table next Friday. No big plans for weekend. May pick up boards to use for moulding around ceiling in basement. Just getting some 3 inch square cut pine so I can butt corners-not going to drive myself crazy trying for mitre cuts in a basement.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

• Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    O.M.G. Third snow day in a row. My house has been full, full FULL. 12 kids each day (one 3 mo. old, one 18 mo old, two 2 year olds, four 3 year olds, three 4 year olds, one 6 1/2 year old). I have been up and shoveling every morning; so that has been my exercise for the past three days. DH and DYS are both sick with some awful cold (non-covid), so the downside is that I do not have their help. The upside is I also have not had to cook any meals for them since they are just drinking soups, teas. lol (every cloud has a silver lining)
    Heather - Exciting news about your story being published!
    Machka- Love your pics and the tales of Rhody! Sorry you are dealing with cracked rib(s)! Yes, coughing and sneezing are detrimental to your health! Hugs, friend. <3
    Suebdew- Hope you can get out on that golf course soon! <3
    Rebecca- Love the pic of your son at his reenlistment "event"! He definitely looks happy! I bow to your ability to fast. I can only do about 18 hours and only on Sundays (when I don't have a lot of physical activity/chores that need doing). Hangry Miss Kelly does NOT play nicely with children. I am glad that it is working for you, though!

Well, kids are beginning to arrive, so I better scoot! Sledding, shoveling, hot cocoa and making snowflakes is on our agenda today. Fish tacos for lunch. If the kids don't eat them all, I will definitely have a couple of those! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)