• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Debbie — We have lost beloved dogs. They have been cremated and we have their ashes. They will be scattered with us someday. Hopefully it will be a long time from now.

Now we are looking for a new puppy. We’ve found a terrific breeder and are looking forward to getting a new puppy when it is old enough to leave its mama and come home with us.

Katla

I really don't have a problem with him keeping the ashes of the pets. I understand. It is more about how much feelings he has towards them(living and dead-the living ones he spends so much time with, pampering them all the time and the humans in his life are ignored, myself and our son included.
    He will say, Oh, when did Jona (Jonathan) get home or leave? I tell him and say if he was ever out of his room he would know these things. He hangs out in his room at the back of the house, working on a project or just watching tv with the cats, coming out to use the bathroom and to go to bed- even eats in there.
    Compassion and caring for the animals is great but there should be a little more of a balance.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Get to stay home and do what I want today- yeah, no shopping!
    Having my second cup of tea then heading out to start pruning all the roses and raspberry plants.
    Weather is supposed to be up to 75 today(66 already now)
    We haven't had any real frosts so the roses are still blooming some, never lost all their leaves- will make pruning a bit harder. I am hoping to get some cuttings from the raspberries to root so I can plant them at mom's- haven't had much luck the two years I have tried. I have better luck just digging up the stray plants that pop up in my lawn(I planted four plants about 5 or so years ago, now I have a row over 15' long)
    Tomorrow my son has asked me to help him make some Valentine treats for his girlfriend.
    Cracker toffee for sure(she loves it) and maybe some caramel corn- I like that he wants me to help him(I offered a few weeks ago then he asked me last night if I could help him). DH is going out to breakfast with a friend then hitting some comic book stores and ???- I will watch church while son sleeps in then we can start making candy. I have a bunch of candy /heart shaped molds out- I think I will make extra and take to Zumba Monday night.

I used to joke about my now former brother in law's girlfriend being jealous of Jake, Tracy's dog because she said Tracy paid more attention to the dog than her, well, now, that is ME- I have talked to him about this too many times, he thinks it is funny, just jokes about it.

Time to finish this tea and get my gloves on and grab the pruning shears.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Beth hope your mom feels better and heals quickly!

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Beth- geesh if its not one thing its another..
    Im totally spent...
    Trudy and I went up to Susans this morning after I dropped Alfie off,
    And it took us 3 hrs to get the TV mounted and going.. its a 40 inch TV and not that heavy but when 2 of us are trying to hold it in the air and try and screw bolts into the mount.. it was a feat in itself..
    Tom and Elena just dropped Alfie off and i left his leash in my car lol so i had to carry him down the hall the little pork chop..
    Glad he had a good time.Tom took Homer and Alfie for 2 walks and he got to run around the house and enjoy his vacation home..
    I just dont have the stamina to do all that.. maybe some of this stuff has to do with the dopey thyroid thing too ...who knows.. we shall see.
    Im hungry ,but not hungry.. guess ill just drink some water or have a cup of tea.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk/jog w/family2hrs 16min 16sec, 3.56mi= 831c
    Strava app= 981c
    Zwift home bike trainer- 20.18min 16.6amph, 83w, 5.60mi= 140c

Total cal 971
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    (((Beth & Kay)))

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Beth and Katie - words fail me. It must all be so overwhelming. Sending all my best wishes. <3<3<3

Weigh day tomorrow. :*
    I may do my roots to look nice for Valentines Day. I also want to work on my article. Got to wrap DH's presents and write his card I printed.

I made Spinach and Feta Pie today for the first time in ages. Left overs for lunch tomorrow. It was delicious with a mixed salad and chilli sauce. I did some oven fries for DH.

I had a good, long chat with my friend L for about an hour.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Allie DH went on thyroid meds and it has made a difference for him in terms of energy. It has been about a month. If you do go on them have doctor prescribe the pill version not capsule. We got a $350 surprise bill because Doctor ordered capsules. Pills have a $4 co pay. By the time we discovered what happened it was too late to return the capsules. At least we caught it and it will not happen the next time he orders the pills.

(((Beth and Kay)))
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Beth and Katie -- I'm so sorry. Please take care of yourselves as best you can.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Taking a break from pruning- still have half the raspberry plants and 9 more roses to prune(after about 2 1/2 hrs of pruning). It is a bit too warm to work more, will go out later and do some more-LOVE being out in the sun 74 right now. Had to change from fleece pants and hoodie to capri leggings and tank top. Not the best to wear while pruning roses but I was miserable being too hot.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Debbie — We have lost beloved dogs. They have been cremated and we have their ashes. They will be scattered with us someday. Hopefully it will be a long time from now.

Now we are looking for a new puppy. We’ve found a terrific breeder and are looking forward to getting a new puppy when it is old enough to leave its mama and come home with us.

Katla

I really don't have a problem with him keeping the ashes of the pets. I understand. It is more about how much feelings he has towards them(living and dead-the living ones he spends so much time with, pampering them all the time and the humans in his life are ignored, myself and our son included.
    He will say, Oh, when did Jona (Jonathan) get home or leave? I tell him and say if he was ever out of his room he would know these things. He hangs out in his room at the back of the house, working on a project or just watching tv with the cats, coming out to use the bathroom and to go to bed- even eats in there.
    Compassion and caring for the animals is great but there should be a little more of a balance.

Is he on the autistic spectrum?

https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/facts.html

Signs and Symptoms
    People with ASD often have problems with social, emotional, and communication skills. They might repeat certain behaviors and might not want change in their daily activities. Many people with ASD also have different ways of learning, paying attention, or reacting to things. Signs of ASD begin during early childhood and typically last throughout a person’s life.

Children or adults with ASD might:

not point at objects to show interest (for example, not point at an airplane flying over)
    not look at objects when another person points at them
    have trouble relating to others or not have an interest in other people at all
    avoid eye contact and want to be alone
    have trouble understanding other people’s feelings or talking about their own feelings
    prefer not to be held or cuddled, or might cuddle only when they want to
    appear to be unaware when people talk to them, but respond to other sounds
    be very interested in people, but not know how to talk, play, or relate to them
    repeat or echo words or phrases said to them, or repeat words or phrases in place of normal language
    have trouble expressing their needs using typical words or motions
    not play “pretend” games (for example, not pretend to “feed” a doll)
    repeat actions over and over again
    have trouble adapting when a routine changes
    have unusual reactions to the way things smell, taste, look, feel, or sound
    lose skills they once had (for example, stop saying words they were using)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    (((Beth & Kay)))
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    (((Katie))) Hope your father is comfortable. He is lucky to have you to care for him.

Annie in Delaware
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Hope the weekend is going well for everyone.
    Beth and Katie- Ugh! My heart just goes out to you both! Elder care is so hard emotionally and physically! Sending you lots of love and prayers/wishes for strength. <3
    Winter Olympics- I don't watch any of it (I used to), but I do catch the news and highlights. I do think the figure skating is beautiful, but if I were to compete in a sport it would probably be the speed-skating. I grew up skating, and had moments of pretending to be graceful like Peggy Fleming and Dorothy Hamill; but I spent the majority of time racing my brothers and neighbors around the ice rink in our yard. My dad built one every winter and I spent full days on the ice. *sigh* memories...
    Machka- Thank you for the tip about time management/budget. I have felt overwhelmed for the past year and I finally wrote down the hours I used and I was able to see how much "unused" time I have. This is what my 168 hours each week looks like:
    -50 hours- working with children
    -56 hours- sleeping
    -8 hours- cleaning
    -8 hours- cooking
    -4 hours- paperwork
    -3 hours- shopping
    -2 hours- errands
    -6 hours- exercise
    =31 unused hours

I have a full day plus some extra of unused time! I am stunned! Just knowing this has taken a burden off my brain. I have 31 hours. Every week. I have time to rest, or get away, or work on a project, or... I think a big part of my stress was feeling like I couldn't fit anything more into my day/week/life and knowing that there were things that needed to be done. I can do it. Thank you for showing me how to put this on paper! SO HELPFUL!

KJ (Kelly)