WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Machka- Oooh boy! My DH would love those pies! I haven't made a pie in ages! Very nice job!
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, MD follow up.
    Bonus: veg prep, 20 mins vacuuming, dropped off donation to shelter, tunic to post office, Grocery Outlet. Just one thing: back to bupkes.
    Workin’ on it: 141.3, H20x4, active 3:42
    Mindful March
    22: Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult.

No hot tub for me, at least ‘til after this course of antibiotics. X-rays showed subchondral cyst, wear and tear. Anti-inflammatory gel and aspirin for the wonky knee while waiting for MRI to be scheduled. Ice, elevate, walk on flat smooth floor, wear knee brace, avoid salt (edema & BP) and cheese (for the cholesterol.) Could be a lot worse.

Terri, Joe continues to pick up the slack, exercising the dogs and himself. V. thankful.
    Machka and Lisa :love: garden memories and inspiration.
    Heather Thanks for reading the backstory, glad you found it interesting. Usually hard for me to give things up, but this was for a good cause so eased the sting. And we all get pleasure from your cruises, irl or imagined! :love: the poem.
    Annie, well done!
    Vicki nice weather=motorcycle ride YAY!
    Welcome @nanacutler Janene in NC. Hop right in, the water’s fine! What a cozy group of afghan-wrapt grands. I love me some grouchy terriers ;) Activity is THE challenge with hurting body parts, and finding those you like is key. If I walk in place while watching TV it helps to distract me from what I’m doing ;)
    Michele thanks for the wine cookie recipe. My mouth is watering, they sound delicious. When I first read “Wine cookies” I thought of the American Vintage red wine and cracked pepper wine biscuits that I loved. Alas, long discontinued. Holding good thoughts for Wednesday’s appoinotment.
    Katla hooray for DH’s finding and wearing his medic alert bracelet. Sending good thoughts for Wednesday’s appointment.
    Karen the pink piggy steamer made me snort with laughter :laugh:
    Pip you are amazing. Bravissima!
    Beth very sorry to hear your mom fell again and that the hospital is not communicating. :rage: Glad to hear PT has worked for you, gives me hope!
    Lisa, wow, just WOW!!!
    Tracey hope the studio has your family’s treasures and will sell them to you for very little $$.
    Debbie glad you know your own body and congrats on the Zumba!
    Flea glad to see you posting, wishing you well.
    KJ you are a wonder!

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Allie you said her mom is very stressed this might be part of the cause of the colic. Perhaps if she works on eases her stress the best she can... Breathing giving herself mini breaks whatever it takes. Playing calming music. Watching her diet to see if what she eats affects her baby. If nothing else it might motivate her to take the best care she can give herself and this would help to cope with a baby with colic. I am learning the mood in which we prepare our food has an effect on our own health.

Just read Kelly's suggestions and second them.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    nanacutler wrote: »
    hello all, I am a returning user of myfitnesspal with renewed purpose. I'm 61 and live in the mountains of North Carolina. this thread seems like somewhere i might feel at home. are you open to a newbee? janene
    We welcome new people, Janeen. Love the grands with their crochet quilts.

Beth: 😱Your mum falling again. Hope you can get some answers. Good to know that your knee is doing well.
    Pip: 🥰 First full walk👌🏻

☘️ Terri
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,701 Member
    Options
    I had to sleep in because of a headache..
    So Tracy had to take Carmine to school.. Tracy hasn't had coffee for 2 days thinking that might be it so she has a banger of a headache and feels horrible...i got here around 9... and right now have a sleeping baby in my lap,and a sleeping daughter on the other side of the couch,and a snoring dog on the floor lol..so however long we can keep everyone sleeping the better..
    I did make an a appointment to get my eyes checked in May and hope they can help with the headaches
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry Lisa. Anne had one of those too. Just out of the Corps and she'd saved almost everything she'd earned while IN, and that jacka took her for just about everything she had while telling her that it was in "their" best interest to spend her money here and there and blah, blah, blah... SO glad we're well away from him. Unfortunately, doesn't pay the child support he's supposed to, but that's another story too.

Tracey, I just don't even know what to say about your daughter and son-in-law's friend. I am so very sorry for their loss. We've seen the Canadian Air Force skydiving team several times and it was absolutely an amazing group to watch. They are a truly talented group of individuals that perform in unison. I remember when Freddy and I lost a husband and wife from our wedding party several years after our wedding. It's quite tramatic losing the first of your peer group, especially people that close to you. Just be there for them when/if they want to talk about it and when they don't want to talk.

OMGosh NANACUTLER!!! What kinda pup is "the big one? Is that Ava or Maisie? She's gorgeous! Love her coloring. They're both adorable.

Excellent Katla. Steps are steps, even baby steps.

Apple pies and sunflowers, M!!! You made my day!

Well after a whirlwind week, the grands are back with mom now. Her team didn't do as well at the tournament this year. :( But they had fun. They rented a house together and she got to play on a coed team as well as her women's team because one of the coed females couldn't make it at the last minute.

Carla, in peaceful quiet, MN
  • readandlift
    readandlift Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @Machka9 Yummy pies and beautiful Sunflowers!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    Vv
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,701 Member
    Options
    NanaCutler- thank you for the advice also .. right now both of them are passed out on the couch.. poor Tracy needs the sleep and so does Miles...
    I should probably sneak out and let them rest.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Nana Cutler— Your Elk is stunning. We live in the middle of town. There are no elk here but there are white tail deer. They love to eat our blueberry bushes. When the berries are nearing ripe I cover the bushes with netting.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Still loopy from the meds, really hoping this passes soon. Still working on emptying one bin at a time for my office/craft/dining room and sorting everything into keep/pitch/sell piles. Being loopy is not helping that at all.

Allie - no good words for colicky babies - when I got mine at 15 and 17, they were a little large for a baby carrier. :blush:

Heather - loved the piece you posted.

Janene -
    I crochet as well, but have only three grands to make afghans for... if you have prime or one of the other streaming services, you might look for chair yoga or chair exercise for seniors. I did that quite a bit after my knee replacement.

Am working on creating an email newsletter, including pulling all my old articles from my old web spaces. Will send it out when I have my archive sorted and more to say. Maybe. It might end up just being a private archive. Still thinking about it.

Later,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Nanacutler, nice to meet you! I am on Whidbey island in WA state. We have one elk that swims over from the mainland now and again. His name is Walter and he's a big guy, like your big guy!
    3yx5z38sj1zd.png
    Rebecca
    Wa
  • Janene5
    Janene5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Katla, the elk had become extinct in the Appalachian mountains so the National Park Servic reintroduced them some 20+ years ago. Since we live near we see them daily. the problem is that they are not truly like a wild elk but have become accepting of humans. They are kinda like free-range cows lol but they are huge and will hurt you if they feel in danger. But they are spectacular even if annoying. They love gardens....

I have a question. I like to drink a protein shakes in the morning for time and convenience. But I find they constipate me. Have any of you ever tried adding chia seeds to a drink to increase the fiber?