WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Woke up a little after midnight with my one cat screaming and then couldn't walk- rushed him to the emergency vet- had to have him put to sleep- severe heart failure and blood clot to his back legs. Hard to say good bye- Had Umaku from the time he was 8 weeks old, rescued feral-

d3uhq2cpy6xo.png
    727uxdu2yjxk.png

Got a few hours sleep, finally. Now heading down to Santa Clara to a toy show- DH wants to go, son is ok with it(nothing else planned and he likes checking out the Japanese toys)so that is what we will do for his birthday- Son is 24 yrs old todayhynq9gm9lv85.png
    -this picture was taken a few years ago(he has longer hair now) in the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs.

Asthma is still kicking my butt but seems to be a bit better. Going to try and cut back to two treatments a day(out of town so will miss the middle of the day one anyways) and see how I feel- a lot better than 4-5 a day.

I will catch up on everyone's post when we get home

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 838 Member
    Betsy, I'm so sorry to hear of your hubby's passing. Sending you gentle {{{HUGS}}}
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Betsy- I am so sorry for your loss- such a terrible shock.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    @teklawa1 So very sorry, dear Betsy. It’s a lot to take in, so fully understand your need for solitude. (((Hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 We’re here for you when you need us.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    (((Betsy))) — I am so sorry for your loss. ❤️ ⭐️❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    edited March 2022
    What an awful shock, Betsy. We are all with you. <3<3<3 Just a minute ago I was on the phone to my friend L, who lost her husband, equally suddenly, before Christmas. I think it important to do what you feel like doing. Lots of love and I will be thinking of you. <3

My friend G has covid. Positive today. Felt dreadful yesterday. The worst thing is, she has just returned from a visit to Glasgow, seeing our friend B and her 82 year old husband. They are due to go to Cyprus on Wednesday. She was coughing while she was there. :s

Off in a minute to babysit the grandchildren. Will be picking up fish and chips on the way. I will buy extra large chips as I'm sure they will pinch ours!

Last day of gorgeous weather I think. Change on the way.

Clocks go forward tonight.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 838 Member
    Tracey, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin, I do hope that she can find the help that she needs.
    Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty, he was a beauty! Happy Birthday to your son!
    Kellie, your daycare kids are so very cute! I'm sure they had a blast at the "beach!". Nice that you do so much for them.
    Pip, so glad that you are feeling well enough that you are doing so much!

A bit about me: I'm 63, soon to be 64 and currently weigh 194. I am 5'3", so it really is too much for my frame. Several years ago, I got down to 163 and it was pretty near perfect! According to WW I could get down to 140, but I just don't think that's an attainable goal for me at this time. And I felt and looked good at 163, so would rather just aim for 160. This past year, Covid has kicked my *kitten* mentally and I have gained 10 lbs, very frustrating, but I just can't seem to get motivated. I do some exercise and watch what I eat sometimes, but ...... I know what I have/need to do, it's just a matter of doing it. I'm hoping that with the oncoming warmer weather and more sunlight that I might get more motivated. I am really looking forward to being able to get back on my bike, I'm not as tough as Pip, riding in the rain and cold is not for me! lol I have been going for walks and riding my hubby's stationary bike, but it's not enough.
    But that's enough whining for one day!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, on gray and drizzly Vancouver Island
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,721 Member
    Betsy ... So very, very sorry for your unexpected loss ... hugs and prayers sent your way.

Beth
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Debbie I'm sorry for the loss of your fur baby. And hope your asthma gets better!

I am in one of those moods where I feel like I have nothing to do because I don't want to do the things on my list. At least I got laundry started.

Trying not to snack so much. My diet is lousy lately. I never have energy for veggies. I need to have my thyroid checked.

Annie in Delaware
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2022
    Debbie, I am so sorry about your kitty Umaku.

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    Barbie a very happy belated birthday to you. Loved the card your DH gave you. Have to say thank you for always giving us a new month. Having this group is a lifeline, like a family but better because we all pick it.

Yesterday my Jack was mowing the lawn and suffered a massive heart attack. The paramedics couldn't revive him. I'm so lost and miss him so much. I feel like my mind is running with thousands of thoughts that aren't going anywhere. I'm so sad. Have four of our five kids showering me with love and Jack's numbers friends wanting to support me... but really right now need to just grieve and find myself. The kids all volunteered to come but I encouraged them not to right now. I think I just need time to be alone and gather myself.
    Betsy

I’m so sorry to hear this. My heart is with you. I know the pain all too well. Take time for yourself.
  • Katla49
    edited March 2022
    My daughter is here and doing her best to see that my DH and I get good medical care. DH has had a visit with his doctor. I was pleased with the outcome.

I had a trip and fall last fall. I had physical therapy that worked very well. I was able to travel to Virginia to spend time with our son, DDIL and grandsons. My left knee is painful once again & I will be making another appointment to see whether there is a good outcome with physical therapy or a possible surgery. PT is an easier idea than surgery. Next step is to make an appointment with the doctor. My daughter is helping with her dad here and it seems she will want me to visit with my doctor again.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    DEBBIE ~
    So sorry for the loss of your kitty! We have had two Siamese cats over the years that we loved dearly and I know how sad you must feel.

Your son is a handsome young man.

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    edited March 2022
    B)
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,938 Member
    Betsy, I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear husband.

Debbie, I’m sorry about your cat as well. Our newly adopted kitten disappeared on Ash Wednesday. We just got her right before Thanksgiving. Not knowing what happened to her makes it doubly sad.

Welcome to all the newbies. I pop in fairly regularly then will go missing for a while when life gets in the way. I’m not even sure I’ve been on to congratulate Pip on her non-cancer diagnosis.

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    Betsy - so sorry for your loss. What a shock. Please take care of ypurself.

Debbie - sorry you lost your furbaby.

Got to the credit union today and completed the paperwork for claiming the residue of my mom's IRA. What a hassle that has been and all for about $700. I almost decided to just not bother with claiming it. Then DD and I went to the mall to get some handsoap and I picked up a couple of small chocolate Easter pieces for my grandson from See's.

After we got home we fed horses, cleaned out goatshed and put a larger fence around our little cherry tree. It was out growing the old one but needs protection from the deer.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    Ii