WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    My parents both had dentures. They were diligent during my childhood to keep my teeth as healthy as possible. I thank them for good tooth-care for me.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Well, I found my old knee brace. The good news is that it helps with the stairs. The bad news is that my leg is larger now, so that thing is tight! I have really got to lose some weight!

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    💖
  • hap2go
    hap2go Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @dlfk202000 There are times when I truly believe in karma and retribution. Especially when I hear stories like that. What a b*tch. I'm surprised y'all havent gone no contact with her...
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Well im home and relaxing,Alfie and i..we will be having thunderstorms come through later on...
    Went to lunch with Trudy and got fish and chips,though i got a baked potato.. this is a seafood place and agood one at that.. i emailed them after we got home.
    There were maybe 4 or 5 other couples in a huge restaurant which is unusual..for a thursday. It took us forever to get waited on even though there was enough waitresses on..
    The fish.. honestly i have gotten better fish in the grocery store.. super thin and hardly any fish and panko breading.. and no taste. And Trudys french fries were cold,my baked potato under done..
    I dont usually complain about meals .but this was a doozy from a reputable restaurant..
    Oh well..
    So Im watching Miles tomorrow even though Kyle has the day off because of Good Friday..she said he cant handle it when the baby crys.. well its his child... suck it up buttercup.. .so I guess 6 flags opens tomorrow and Kyle and Carmine will leave around 10 to go there..
    But gee. Not watch your own child.? Thats harsh..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day- Walk w/family- 1hr 35min 17sec, 57elev, 3.20ap, 91ahr, 109mhr, 5.11mi= 440c
    Strava app= 582c
    Walk home to gym- 11.12min, .55mi= 50c
    Strava app= 63c
    Spin bike at gym- 28.46min, 11-13gear, 14.60amph, 129ahr, 157mhr, 7mi= 241c
    Walk gym to stores then home- 23.36min, .94mi= 129c
    Strava app= 107c

Total cal 853
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Tried a tin of tuna, with corn, beans along with an individual serving of wild rice. I had some mushrooms looking kind of sad, so I put them in some pickle juice. Had those with some pickled cucumbers, beets and olives. Yummy!
    bbfx0xl6h0zg.jpg
    t7xqg3d8yjbc.jpg

This next weeks menu:
    tx6ryrz8bk2a.jpg
    Hugs ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Worked and then went to the gym and used the stairclimber. Then went to the Salvation Army and WalMart then bought gas. When I got home Vince had taken the cover off the spa and cleaned it. Then we took one of the covers to the pool off and cleaned it. Unfortunately, it started to rain. I think we’re just going to have to roll it up and then unroll it tomorrow to dry it out. But at least it’s started. The soup kitchen is closed tomorrow. I understand, the workers want time off. But on the other hand I feel for the people who really need food. They need to eat even on Good Friday. But not my call

Made chocolate rice krispie bars for Vince for later in the week. First he needs to finish the pie I made him. I’d like room in the refrigerator

Tracey – congrats to your brother!

Rori – I tried pickleball down at the condo. However, I can’t seem to find the time to play. It was fun, tho. Sounds like you are really living life. I’m so very happy for you

M – what Vince hates about updates is that there is no user trial. They just roll out the updates and when a problem arises, they roll out another update to fix that problem. You would think they’d try out a program BEFORE rolling it out and work out all the bugs. But NOOOOOO

Carol GA – pickleball is a combination of bad mitten and tennis. It’s quite low impact, and great for those 55 and over. You don’t run around as much as in tennis.

Katla – why did your husband have to go to the hospital? Glad he’s home

Regarding teeth: Jess is 38 and she has never had a cavity. The dentist told us the reason is because when she was little, I gave her a fluoride supplement. So when her teeth were formed, the fluoride was formed IN the teeth, not on the surface

Allie – why couldn’t Kyle take Miles with him?

Going to work on the puzzle a bit, then take a shower, then maybe work on the puzzle a bit more.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,948 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    hap2go wrote: »
    @dlfk202000 There are times when I truly believe in karma and retribution. Especially when I hear stories like that. What a b*tch. I'm surprised y'all havent gone no contact with her...

He takes care of everything for her out of obligation and nothing more. There is no one else around. She only has one brother who is in a care home in Okinawa(and doesn't want any contact with her). Her other brother and sister in law have both passed away in Osaka.
    It is hard because he does all these things for his mom on a daily basis just about then comes home and complains to me about it- He has never told her NO- the more time he spends over there, the more she expects. He knows I don't like going over there so he will pull this *kitten*- we are out shopping and oh, by the way, while we are out, I need to stop at mom's and drop stuff off. I called him on it and he was better for a week but now he says, or I can go drop you off at the house before going over there, even though it is out of the way and we will only stay a minute-trying to guilt trip me. Some days I say, fine, other days I tell him, take me home first. Some days I am just not in the mood to deal with both of them. They are both very self-centered.
    She is smoking more and more(and wonders why she isn't feeling good) plus eating stuff she shouldn't(being diabetic). She is smoking at least 4 cartons(10packs each) a month. How can someone smoke 10 packs in 7 days. She is 84. It will catch up to her- just don't know when.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options

So Im watching Miles tomorrow even though Kyle has the day off because of Good Friday..she said he cant handle it when the baby crys.. well its his child... suck it up buttercup.. .so I guess 6 flags opens tomorrow and Kyle and Carmine will leave around 10 to go there..
    But gee. Not watch your own child.? Thats harsh..

Seriously, hun, you're really not helping Kyle (or Tracey) any by always being there for Miles. I know that you want to be, but they are husband and wife, they have to learn to work this out. Where are his parents? I would absolutely love it if I could even facetime with PJ. That's not to say that you should never be there, just not all the time. Let them work things out. Maybe his parents could come for a few days?

Why should he learn to accept the baby crying when he has you to fall back on?

One time Jess said something about how they love to travel, and Colby just said "you know that your mother wouldn't have any problem watching the child". Does he know me or does he know me?

Love you girl. Please don't take this the wrong way.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Michelle- i understand my friend... she is nursing him,he wont take a bottle and Carmine and Kyle will be going to an amusement park...
    I am the only grandparent basically in the picture.. his mother in a nut job... they see very rarely.. and his dad is very ill and living in South Carolina with his second wife.
    I am watching Miles 3 days a week for 5 hrs .. the money basically is for groceries and car payment.. Kyle pays the rest.. they feel much more comfortable having him with a family member rather than day care .and all the money she would make would go to that..
    I cant do alot but I can help in that way,im sure once Miles is older it wont be as bad.. but its still a sad situation .. Tracy tries to keep everything on an even keel.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    DH was transported to the hospital by paramedics from our fire department because of low blood sugar and a need for glucose. His blood-sugar was very low and potentially dangerous. He also had a serious urinary blockage. We were very happy to bring him home later in the night. He is okay for now but needs a follow up with his doctor.

Please keep us informed… thinking of you guys