WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Well its almost 1 pm here and just out of the shower,got the mattress topper on,which was a feat in itself and the bed made up ,but as i lay on it ,i can feel a difference already.. so hear is hoping this helps the hips and shoulder..
    Alfie sitting on the bed barking at nothing as usual.. what a bonehead..he likes the bed too..little rascal..
  • donbonsully
    donbonsully Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Kevrit
    MN humidity is beastly this week..in the 60s and high 80s for temps. Feels more like 100 though and not real easy to breathe. Good day to stay home and read a good book.
  • LadyOzark
    LadyOzark Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Good morning all!

Weather is milder today thankfully with some overcast skies but the hot stuff over 100 is coming…. My oldest and her boyfriend are supposed to be coming up next week and I can’t wait!! They were digging a hole for a peach tree down in Texas and they unearthed cool treasure!
    416y9lyc0nb4.jpeg
    misb8fa6gi5b.jpeg
    trpr4bg0xdjv.jpeg
    mvbsz7zi58qd.jpeg

Grandmallie Oooh mattress toppers are wonderous! I’m spoiled with ours. I sleep so well on it! A trick I learned from my chiropractor for sleeping shoulder pain is to use your scapula as support. Don’t roll ‘all’ the way onto your shoulder. I squeeze my scapula to know I have it where I want it and I sleep great again with no pain to my shoulder. :)

Leslie from the Ozark’s
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,482 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Lanette-good luck with the purging of stuffs. I removed the majority of DH's things fairly quickly (clothes, etc.). I know others touch nothing for years. I passed on some of the tools to youngest son Friday. Gave him a hammer and he said "we have one." I said -"that one was dad's." and he said "I need that." While I won't be leaving children a lot, youngest son (since he lives closest) will get quite a bit in tools. The hugs are the hardest thing to replace.

Rebecca-I understand you about military and their spouses. I have never been one, but my oldest brother retired as a naval captain. His wife had the officer's wife role down to perfection.

Heather-nice shoes. I have a pair of Brooks Ghost and love them for walking. My orthotics fit them nicely.

My orthotics are in for a retread. At recent check up, podiatrist said that she wants them with extra layer-she said I am putting more miles on them than most of her patients and she wants them to last! It is awkward not using them, but I am stretching out well and making it work.

Random heath update:
    Had ct scans Friday (neck, chest, pelvis/abdomen). Pelvis/ab results are in. Maybe a exceedingly small watch are on liver (or it could turn out to not be there next test). Interestingly, radiologist made note that my uterus was not visible, possibly surgically removed. I hasn't been-it's still there somewhere, but I think that reflects degrees of prolapse. PT involves variations of kegels and biofeedback on muscle contractions (they have devices for everything). Making small steps forward, but a long way to go. I recommend the physical therapy (once you get over some awkwardness).

Weather here is to be cooler and rainy today. Thunder and rain right now. Will keep an eye on radar and hopefully can fit in a walk during a non-thunder/lightening period. I enjoy walking in a light rain. Other than that-laundry and putting together some things in basement for trash (wood from old bar).

Enjoy Sunday. Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I thank your brother for his service!👍⚓. I was proud to be a Chief's wife, but didn't wear his uniform mentally. I recall a neighbor telling me she was hesitant to approach me because I was a Chief's wife. I remember laughing saying I put my pants on one leg at a time just like her! Some wives do take it too far. I recall meeting some officer wives when husbands ship pulled in. They seemed really nice, but if I ran into them at the commissary, I was invisible to them. Nothing like approaching saying hi and then they continue walking and look thru you. I think I just said out loud, "oh we are playing that game are we, fine, no worries... like I always talk to myself out in public. Sheesh.🙃😂
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    Jj
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    I skipped my dumbbells last night so I did them today. Yay!

Now I need to summon the energy to dye my hair. Tonight is likely my last chance this week before my sister gets here.

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LadyOzark
    LadyOzark Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Debbie Your DH met The Beaver! :smiley: I’m glad he took time for himself! Also happy you two spent sometime together relaxing. :)

Given my family is here my dh and I def need more date time!

We *finally* got a little rain! Thank goodness too. It’s been awfully dry around here.

Do you see the rainbow? :smile:
    zv7cc7bsbs5h.jpeg

• pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 3hrs 8min 57sec, vacuum, dust, water plants, change bedsheets, make hummingbird food, etc= 865c

Today was 108. Got my phone, returned it for the iPhone 13. Now it’s all set, supposed to have a longer battery life. Heading out for our walk at 6am to beat the heat. Supposed to be 77 at 6am
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did some of the Biggest Loser the Workout DVD then part of a yoga DVD. Boy! Am I inflexible!

Vince’s leg was still bothering him, not getting any better, so I took him to the ER where he got IV antibiotic and prescriptions for 2 other antibiotics. Then Colby and I went to Lowes to get muriatic acid, pool salt (I could probably lift them but since he’s here….)and a rug liner for the new rug that we’re getting (throwing away the old one that Lexi pooped on so often), then WalMart to get the prescriptions and also pizza for dinner. I’ll have soup since I want to be sure there’s enough of the pizza for everyone. That’s just me. Besides, the soup doesn’t have near the calories that a piece of pizza has.

Went in the pool but it started to spritz, then stop, then spritz, then stop. Gave the new bushes a light watering. Put this fruit punch in the wasp traps, I was hoping it would smell sweeter, but we shall see how many bugs it catches compared to the apple juice

Leslie – kewl! They must have been excited when they found those items

Had to cancel the pool party since it will probably take multiple weeks for Vince’s leg to heal. I’m sad, but I understand.

Jess went back to Raleigh. She called to say that she got there and she asked “where’s Colby”. I think she was a bit wistful when we said “in the pool”

After dinner, cleaned the sunroom floor (where the rug was), ran Buzz, then walked to Food Lion to get some tortillas and cancel the cake for Sat. then used the Swiffer on the floor, took a shower, made up the bed, now here and then will go to bed.

Debbie – hope you enjoyed yourself at the wetlands. I’m sure you did

Work tomorrow

I have a dentist appt Wed. Then supposed to go bowling. Wonder how I can get out of it? I’m just not enjoying that league. I should not be feeling this way

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Jj
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    <3