WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Heather-I wonder if we ever exit chrysalis, or are just unable to see it at times?

Machka-I can't remember-have you been fitted for custom made orthotics? Podiatrists mold them here. While they limit shoe choices (you take out regular insoles so only work in certain brands) they have helped me tremendously.

I've never worn Birkenstocks. With my orthotics I mainly prefer my Brook Ghosts or a pair of New Balance. For shoes without orthotic, I discovered Naot a few years ago. They are made in Israel and typically have a cork sole. They are incredibly comfortable, even with my bad feet. I have two sling back pair but am hoping to find some stock in a store soon so I can try different styles. I have found that the shoe that worked at one point in my life doesn't always work today.

Working from home today. Getting in a series of my stretches for various muscles that need it. Nice thing is I don't have to take much time getting dressed!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I have a pair of Naot too and I LOVE them. I wore them so much that I replaced the insole because I couldn't find the same pair again. They are still great...the new insole is like a new shoe.

I hope you find the best solution to your medical issue. I know that these types of surgeries have come a long way and I am happy women have such choices now. My grandmother had this issue and there was no option to fix it for her.

Tina in CA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »

Someone mentioned scuba diving…. We get many scuba divers here because the lake is so deep, salted so has weird vegetation, springs, and there is a car under the water. They train people here as well as free divers. Very interesting for me as I have a water phobia of going in over my head.

RvRita

That was me. We do a lot of dive vacations. My photo here is me underwater being entertained, or entertaining a juvenile sea lion...whichever side you're on. :smile:

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    Machka-I do have the name of a podiatrist and am making an appointment.

Rosemarie-I don't think I'd "date" either. Men are exhausting. I'm perfectly content being alone and I'd move closer to family where I would likely not even think about loneliness.

There was improvement. We did have a talk and he came home from work with a renewed attitude about our relationship. I asked him if he wanted to go to a baseball game with me and told him he had to commit, and he did. So, we will see how it goes on that day. Change is hard. We've been down this path before. I guess it's up to me to make it stick.

Tina in CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,295 Member
    Options
    Fennel sausages were just great. I have another four in the freezer for another day. I cooked the cabbage with fennel seeds. It was all heavenly. To celebrate our unusually successful shopping trip we opened a bottle of Merlot. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    Heather-I heard a radio story about someone getting alcohol free wines into restaurants in France. I thought of your son. We have switched out some of our booze to AF now. It is not the same, but the psychological effect works to some degree and it has fewer calories than juices. Water just gets boring.

Tina in CA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,147 Member
    Options
    💞
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Pip--My DH wears crocs most the time and loves them. He says at work they make his feel not hurt or feel so tired.
    Viv--Sorry to hear about the problems with your mom and the home nurse.
    Several months ago I brought a pair of Hoka as had heard lots of positive things. After less that 30 days my back was out and lots of pain. I took them back. I wear New Balance and sketers and rotate them each day for work ( I have 5 pairs) and then when I am not working I wear crocks or if riding motorcycle short boots.
    Working 12 hour shifts this week. Next week we should get back to more normal schedule as new girl will be trainned and one that was out on surgery leave will be back. I am so looking forward to it.
    Thursday afternoon I go see the heart doctor and then next Tuesday my regular doctor. Not expecting much change. Have to stop and get blood work one morning this week.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 1hr 2min 39sec, 167elev, 112aw, 19.2amph, 98ahr, 119mhr, 20.04mi= 330c
    Strava app = 400c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 2min 41sec, 171elev, 111aw, 45arpm, 19.14amph, 20mi= 401c
    Walk to store n back- 13.54min, 3.05ap, .69mi= 71c
    Strava app = 86c

Total cal 401
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,080 Member
    Options
    I'm going out to dinner tomorrow night so I was trying on dress pants today. I always have a bunch that I could wear if I lost five pounds. And several pair much smaller than that. It is discouraging to think about how many years I have kept all these clothes. Oh well, the green blouse is new.

Annie in Delaware
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Worked but did get in a walk to Food Lion tonight.

The leak at BK was much much worse today. I talked to the “manager” and told her that we can’t have water dripping into the food (not to mention that there was no way I was going to stand there) and asked her what we were going to do. Do you know that she just said “I don’t know”. There was another employee (who Jerry has said has been there for something like 20 years) to who I finally said “if the health department ever saw that, can you imagine what would happen”. She finally said “shut us down”.

I suggested when the “manager” said that she didn’t know what we were going to do, my suggestion was that maybe we could prepare the prep off site? She just shook her head “no”. At least I made a suggestion, I didn’t just stand there and say “I don’t know what we’re going to do”. Finally, the other employee suggested that I do the prep at the other sink. That I could do. Admitted, it was a bit inconvenient and it took me a bit longer, but it got done. The “manager” said “he’s coming to fix it”. I don’t know if she meant today or not. Even so, there’s no guarantee that it would be fixed. So I asked her if she wanted me to wait until it was fixed. That’s when the other gal suggested I use the other sink.

Then counted the donation money at the church then picked up a piece of bisque that I’ll paint for a lady at the condo. Got dinner ready then went in the pool.

Tracey – have fun camping

Good news – we ARE going to see Denise, Pete and PJ on Labor Day weekend. Vince talked to her and confirmed that we are coming up that Sat. (he doesn’t want to drive the Fri of Labor Day weekend). I ordered a trampoline to take with us. You know how Denise is. Many times coming up with one excuse or another. I can’t wait to see PJ. Bet he’s really grown. Vince was complaining about how expensive a hotel is. Well, there's no other alternative. I'm going to suggest to him that he say something to Denise about her coming down.

Oh Viv – so glad your mother is comfortable now. What a hassle! And then the driveway! Have a good time at the coast. You certainly deserve it, that’s for sure

Rita – I have this “thing” about water over my head, too. I’m sure it’s because when I was little we were down the shore and the tide pulled me out. I still can recall that feeling of not knowing if I was upside down or not. What a scary feeling!

Heather – good luck in your class. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

Allie – how I wish Denise would come down here! Then at least we can see PJ for a few days. As it is, we got to see him for 1 day in June and we’ll get to see him for 2 days Labor Day weekend. Is there any chance that Tracey and Kyle can go see his parents?

I told Vince that I think Jess wants us to come up to see her. He’s so logical that because she didn’t say “will you come up” he doesn’t think so. The way she said “you’re always invited” just leads me to think that she’d like for us to come up. Vince said to her “be careful what you ask for, you know mom, you just might find her on your doorstep one day” and Jess said “that’s fine”. Mr. Logical doesn’t think she wants us, but I do. I’d like to plan to go up, maybe on a rainy Sun or even Sat. after work. We shall see, but I’m not going to drop this.

Katla – how wonderful!

Michele NC
  • sh0tzz99
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Good news – we ARE going to see Denise, Pete and PJ on Labor Day weekend. Vince talked to her and confirmed that we are coming up that Sat. (he doesn’t want to drive the Fri of Labor Day weekend). I ordered a trampoline to take with us. You know how Denise is. Many times coming up with one excuse or another. I can’t wait to see PJ. Bet he’s really grown. Vince was complaining about how expensive a hotel is. Well, there's no other alternative. I'm going to suggest to him that he say something to Denise about her coming down.

Michele NC

You get so few opportunities to see your granchild...Denise finally seems OK with it, who cares what the hotel costs???

Tina in CA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :) ❤️ 😘
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    <3