WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,854 Member
    Options
    I had my birthday on Sunday and received some plants from people and my son and his wife came and cooked lunch. My DIL and I went out for a manicure. It was fun! Yesterday I went for a walk outside and loved this! Today I will be caretaking but hope to read and get a step video in.

Happy Birthday!

• Machka9
    Options
    jam0525 wrote: Β»
    Thanks Barbie!

I was the hostess for 40 women from all over the country coming in to see the balloon fiesta from September 29 until October 9. I ate out too much. But, we got everyone to see the balloons as much as they wanted to. The women’s camping group I belong to is called Sisters on the Fly.

Now, I’m back on my strict diet or I should say lifestyle change plan. The scale only bumped up 2 pounds and I’m grateful it wasn’t more.

Jeannie in Edgewood New Mexico.

Nice!

I lived in northern Alberta for a while and there were hot air ballooning championships, and generally balloons flying around a lot of the time.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Tracey- The programme mainly focused on the city, which looked very lively. Are you far from there? Have you been on the old tram above the river? It was part of a series about a train journey across Canada. Yes, an absolutely HUGE country!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I don't know if you read the story of my kidney stones on the previous page or the one before, but the city I was driving to, the city with the university and hospital, was Edmonton. :)

M in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,695 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Honestly,I try and sleep with the windows open for fresh air Alfie hears something and starts barking his fool head off and wakes me up at 2:30 in the morning..
    Hurumph!!!!! Of course I finally have to get up and close the windows and who is back snoring on the bed?
    Sheesh..
    Well I can try getting another hour and 1/2 maybe..
  • Machka9
    Options
    Tomorrow about 5 am ... incoming rain and lots of it!

2u5dmajv1que.png

9a5iqbehoylk.png

• Machka9
    Options
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Carol-hip popping can come from tendon issues (sort of like they catch). I had that for a while with left hip prior to replacement. I still need to be mindful of stretching. Also, with my hip issues I discovered my knee pain was really from the hips. Might not hurt to get both assessed.

Barbara AHMOD-I plan on discussing this with her in January when I see her. I realized I have neglected the calcium supplements lately so must get those back on track. I try things their way a bit and then start suggesting alternatives.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,379 Member
    Options
    <3
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW wA
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie
    yt55m2y3rzbi.png
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,049 Member
    Options
    Learning about raw feeding for dogs is a process. I am in a web group I am finding helpful. Learned that best to freeze protein source for 2-3 weeks to kill potential worms. This makes sense when I had a long term Kindergarten assignment we studied red worms of California. Since they are not native here we were told to freeze them for two weeks before disposing in the trash. Freezing does not affect nutritional value. I wanted to share this is any of you are considering raw feeding your pets because I wish I had this info first thing before I started feeding raw.

For those that are interested I go into other out of the box ways on how I am trying to improve the quality of what I am eating and drinking.
    I also found a chart that explained to use some protein sources less often. Turns out sardines are mostly farmed around Japan and because of the tsunami that affected their nuclear power plant bones of sardines are affected by the radiation given off by the plant.

This information is just a reminder to me all foods are not created equal and the best you can do is just be aware and try to find the best sources I can find for DrewB and my family. I don't want to get so hung up on the pollution that is in our food supply that I refuse to eat certain foods. I just want to make the best choices I can and try to reduce any habits I have that adds to polluting our planet.

One habit I started years ago to walk the talk is I no longer use any lawn products that contain a herbicide or a pesticide.

Another habit is I now make my coffee using a ceramic sieve coffee maker instead of a plastic coffee pot. I did just see a stainless steel one on amazon. I am trying to lower the amount of plastic in my food. Not easy when so much is wrapped in plastic. When I can I store food in glass or good quality stainless steel. Again I am not going to avoid all foods in wrapped or that come in plastic that isn't practical. I am just going to lower my exposure when I can.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,537 Member
    Options
    Dd
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)