Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Worked. The store manager at BK wants me to tell her or the assistant manager how far along on the prep I’ve gotten at 9:30. If neither one is there, then I am to do what I normally do. I guess we shall see how this works. I did suggest to her, and I know this is a pain in the lower backside for her, that I could write down my starting time and ending time and when they can justify my hours, they can just put me in. As I expected, it’s really a lot of work on their part and they have to always remember to do it. But it’s a suggestion. I really feel sorry for the store manager. She's between a rock and a hard place.

Vince had a MD appt (the medicare wellness check) so I went for a walk around the block.

I’m thinking that I’ll exchange those towels I got yesterday for nicer ones. Well, that’s for another day

Karen – Lillybelle is adorable!

Barbara – hmmm….that’s interesting about the MD having to code things right. Now Vince went for his bloodwork and they did the full workup. But then again, he has some medical issues like reduced kidney function

MaryCath – welcome!

Thanksgiving – Jess always had “friendsgiving” at her place. Vince says when she lived in VA, I would take half of my kitchen. Well, she didn’t have serving dishes, serving spoons, etc. So we’ll probably go to her place in Cary on the Fri. after Thanksgiving, spend the night there and Vince said something about coming home on Sat. but I was saying that if we took Loki with us (since he needs meds) we could probably stay until Sun. So we shall see when we come back. Not sure how many people she’s having since she just moved to Cary.

Jess just called and said that her friend from VA (the one who went to her graduation) and children are coming and she’d like to bring them here next weekend. I don’t want to get thrown out of the mom’s club, so I’m thinking that I’ll make her manicotti to take home, some chocolate chip cookies and brownies. Teresa can take the cookies and brownies home, too.

Debbie – when we had the four cats, I found a Roomba to be very helpful in getting the litter that was tracked around the house up. It wasn’t perfect, but it sure helped.

We had dinner early and I was planning to go for another walk (went for one this afternoon while Vince was at the MD’s) but Vince wanted to put the popcorn on two of the trees so I helped him with that instead. I know him, and if I didn’t help he would have done it himself. I know it’s a pretty big job

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    I would love to go on a long walk right now- dh came in from work wound up- hasn't stopped talking about stuff that was going on there this morning, complaining about ones that don't do their work, those that hide the order guns............Just want him to go back in his room. It would be great if he talked TO me about something I actually want to hear. Not talk at me.

Son was supposed to have a telephone appointment with his doctor this morning but they called here and said they needed to reschedule it(called the home number instead of his cell number)- He went in a week ago, just because he hadn't been to see a doctor in years(at least 5-6). Did lots of blood work, just checking and one came back really high- the one that checks his liver. Hope he doesn't have to wait too long to talk to the doctor. We are worried, not knowing why it is elevated. He drinks beer once every few weeks at most. Think it may be from energy drinks but that is something he drinks one a day at most. Just want to know what the results mean and what he needs to do to get the numbers down where they need to be. He is 24 and thought everything was fine. I will find out when they changed it to when he gets home from work.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

Tell him to come with you for a walk around the neighbourhood and he can debrief with you on the walk.

People go right to alcohol with elevated liver numbers but it could be other things.
    My liver numbers have come in slightly high in recent years. Painkillers can do that. I told my most recent temporary doctor that I started taking more painkillers when my husband had his accident. Never above the limit they suggest on the package but more than I did before. She was puzzled ... why would I have to take more painkillers when my husband had the accident. She's never gone through something like that. It physically hurts. But I've cut way back in recent months.

There are other reasons as well ...

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/symptoms/17679-elevated-liver-enzymes

Machka in Oz

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    In our garden ... I sat out there for a while today, enjoy the sunshine, soaking in the Vit D, and reading a book.

9yziba6tjkym.png

btojbdo7dkqc.png

https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/

Machka in Oz

Your flowers and garden are just stunning!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Thank you. :) Some of it was here when we moved in, but we've done quite a bit of work on it too. It's become something we can both work on and enjoy. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Things like apples aren't in season yet, but we can get them all year round. Our apple trees have just stopped flowering.

vkyynonv9l4l.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    Happy anniversary Vicki!

I've been in a slump lately. My goal today is to get through without cookies and do my dumbbells tonight.

It's a beautiful day again today. Warm and sunny. So horseback riding should go well.

Annie in Delaware

Take your dog out for a lovely long walk in the beautiful weather. :)

Another thing that can get me out of a bit of a slump is to have goals. Is there a 5K walk event coming up in your area, or something similar?

We've got an annual running event coming up in January and I'd really like to be able to run the 10K again. I'd like to do the half marathon, but I don't think I'll be ready for that because I haven't been running in a while. So last week, I did a couple 6K treadmill walks and included 1-2 km of jogging in one of those walks, and I felt good. That's a start. I know I could at least walk the 10K at a brisk pace.

I can't run for the next week, but I am hoping to get a couple more long walks in, and then the following week, I hope to add a short run or two.

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    ¥¥
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies

Thanks for starting us off on a new month Barbie, I have read the first few pages, but have some catching up to do.

I've been busy with the kittens, they are so messy! We were going to take them to the RSPCA once a kennel was available, but my friend Judy has decided she wants them - yes all three! She already has a cat and a dog, so hope they will be okay there. I'm sure they will be, but I feel a bit responsible for them now, they are starting to trust us a bit more and don't run and hide when we go into the room. Judy has arranged an appointment with the vet to give them a health check and to find out what sex they are. She is very experienced with cats as she has rescued feral kittens from the farm where she works with my daughter.

The mummy cat who is now called Poppy is going to be spayed next week and microchipped and will then become my mums cat instead of stray. I hope she realises this :) no more wandering the streets for her.

Heather Hope the sea is calmer and you get some sunny days. Seems there is plenty to do despite the weather.

Sending love and best wishes to those who are having biopsies and/or surgery. Good Luck.

More I wanted to say, but I'm ready for my breakfast and need to get my exercises done first :)

Take care and love to all
    Viv UK

Up to P5
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka beautiful pics, can almost smell that lilac! Do other machines bother your DH?? Interesting “in season” list, never heard of silverbeets or wasabi flowers…

Question for Machka, Kim, Mary and any other long-haired girls. Has your hair ever changed, becoming more snarly/tangled? Over the past few weeks I’m noticing my chest length hair is horribly tangled in the morning, and re-tangles throughout the day. It’s fine and wavy and I hate the “tearing” feeling I’m getting when I comb it out.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

He doesn't like loud cars, motorcycles, dogs barking, screaming children ...

Silverbeet is sort of like spinach. It grows well here so we have quite a bit of it.
    I haven't had wasabi flowers but I think it's used in Japanese recipes.

My hair goes through changes.
    My hair has always been thick.
    Then a lot of it fell out when my husband had his accident and the hair that grew back in was curlier.
    Since then it has seemed to tangle a bit more.

It tangles more when it is humid outside or windy.

I shower and wash my hair every workday morning and use conditioner to get the tangles out. Sometimes when I get home from work, I'll add more conditioner if it has been humid or windy.

On non-workdays, I'll often use a spray-on, leave-in conditioner before I comb it out.

Machka in Oz

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Pip: Nice rig. Good to see the new kids settling in.

November I am grateful for:
    1. The warm smell of dinner cooking in the oven.
    2. The internet, which connects me to all my friends here
    3. The blazing gold of autumn leaves outside my window
    4. The taste of fresh food straight from the garden.
    5. The sound of DH downstairs making morning tea, and clearing up the kitchen.

After reading some of your post, I am doubly I appreciative that he has always done a good proportion of the household chores. His father was an excellent roll model in this respect.

Planning a restful day. The rain has returned. I will pop out to our local shops for fresh bread etc, but otherwise stay indoors.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri