WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Im not much in the holiday spirit,I have my Christmas tree in a bag in from storage but not up ..Im hoping to get it up this weekend and wrap presents, im finished shopping..
    My place is a mess and I would love to get someone in to clean.. Ive had a couple of offers but something always comes up.. so we shall see.
    I do so enjoy watching Miles we enjoy our time together and I will remember it always..
    He took a little nap this morning,and when he gets tired he comes over to me climbs up in my lap ,puts his head on my shoulder ,i cover him with a blanket and he falls asleep..
    I guess Grandma has the touch..
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,326 Member
    200Karen wrote: »
    Winter advisory for the afternoon
    So a few errands to stock pantry and delivering care package to friend.

Yesterday, I enjoyed two Senior Center exercise classes PiYo & chair yoga. Planning a repeat next week

Prayers & Hugs
    ❤️ Karen from Oregon

Karen - I'm on the "wet side" of WA but snow and foothills aren't too far east of me. We get all kinds of weather, both hot and cold, blowing down Hwy. 12. :)

Good for you finding the classes at your Senior Center. I'm going to call today and see if they are planning to offer any exercise classes at the one closest to me (7 miles!). I recall they had some before Covid closed them down for a while. B)

Flea - that's good news and have fun in the sun for me in Belize. Sunlight is a great healer. ;) It'll give you a nice booster!

Beth - I had the same procedures as you about ten years ago. Set me back a few days but all in all wasn't that bad. Crossing fingers for a good report back. :)

I know I was concerned (I had post meno bleeding and the surgeon of course was cautious.) The nurse at the intake interview was a bit more chatty and said "lots of ladies have this! After meno bleeding isn't uncommon! Most of them come out just fine - our bodies can just be wierd. And the good thing is, if it turns out to be something, you are way ahead of the game." What a relief, I think that contributed to my rapid bounce back.

It's starting to get light out. Might pull on my shoes and get in 15 minutes of greeting the morning before the skies open up again.

Lanette
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,195 Member
    I managed to get myself into town on the bus this afternoon. On the way to the bus stop I made a hair appointment for tomorrow, because they had a cancellation! :D
    M&S had the dark chocolate cherry liqueur chocolates I wanted to add to DH'S Santa presents. (Yes, Barbara) I also found, as extra gifts, some horseradish and pink peppercorn sauce and some posh line albacor tuna in a jar of olive oil. He will love those in a sandwich for lunch one day. :D
    I added one or two things to eat before Christmas, like mince pies for DH, and then caught the bus home. Santa was driving the bus! :p
    Now to rest before salmon and fries, mushy peas and green beans, for an early dinner. Pick up at 6.30.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited December 2022
    Oh Beth. I'm sorry you had to go through all that yesterday. And two pregnancy tests! Good grief. I hope the issue resolves soon.

Kudos to hubby for stepping up a bit.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,369 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,522 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Machka you have done an outstanding job taking care of your DH. You deserve all the credit!

Pip no exercise? You must be feeling poorly. Hope the illness goes by fast.

My sister has a terrible ear infection. Her eardrum has a hole. She tried to go back to work yesterday but was exhausted.

Annie in Delaware

Yeah, I agree, that is odd. The rest from doing anything was good. Still feel like I have a cold but feel better, now I have a sore throat, lololol
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited December 2022
    <3Beth best wishes for a speedy recovery

:)Flea, I am extra chilly this year so I in addition to my usual winter indoor attire (fleece leggings under denim pants, turtle neck, cotton shirt, sweater, and wool socks) I wear a wool scarf and two knitted hats and sometimes fingerless gloves. I have a crocheted wool blanket available to put on my lap while I sit at the computer. Better to light a few candles than to curse the darkness.

<3 Barbie in chilly NW WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)Allie, I just read a book called "Calvin" by JR and Vanessa Ford. I think it would be a great book to read to Miles and Carmine. I got it from our library.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,819 Member
    Grateful:
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? My two dogs, Wicket and Brownie every day the do something to make me laugh.
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. The Christmas spirit making people nicer at this time of year.
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? My hair. It is white, pretty full with lots of body. Hairdressers always comment on how they like to work with my hair. Growing it out this winter. We will see how long I leave once the heat comes back!
    4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? My children and grandchildren.
    5 What is a book that changed your life? The Blooming of a Lotus by Thich Nhat Hann
    6 Think about something you’re good at. Customer service.[/spoiler]
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned? To forgive myself.
    8 A basic need that has been met. My housing at the campground. Free for hosting
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live? The blue skies and 300 days of sun!
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for?
    11 Something you use every day.
    12 Something you don’t need anymore.
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home
    14 Item of clothing
    15 Taste
    16 Touch
    17 Smell
    18 Sound
    19 Sight
    20 Texture
    21 Color
    22 A song that makes you happy.
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

ejbrxq0pme9i.jpeg

Kindness Calendar:
    December 1. “Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others”: Sharing on here and hope it helps someone.
    December 2.:Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are: to be determined. I ended up talking to my uncle and a friend, both who live 2,000 miles away!
    Decembrist 3. Offer to help someone who is having
    difficulty at the moment. - I helped a mom fix her son’s bicycle.
    December 4. Support a charity, cause, or campaign you really care about. - I use Amazon Smile to
    5contribute to St. Jude’s Children Hospital
    every time I buy something, including gifts
    December 5. Leave a positive message for someone
    else to find. Left a note for DH with a
    chocolate kiss!
    December 6.Give a gift to someone who is homeless or feeling lonely. I made a person smile who was having a very bad day trying to get a campsite. I gave them one.
    December 7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. Done! Campers and DH
    December 8. Do something helpful for a friend or family
    member- I made an appointment for DH to get new glasses.
    December 9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,195 Member
    edited December 2022
    I had just woken up from my nap, and was gearing myself up to cook early dinner, when my son texted to say that the dinner with his friend has been cancelled as his friend is not well. :'(:o:s This is the guy with pericarditis from covid. Ain't life unfair. He is such a sweet guy.
    So I'm going downstairs to spend our aperitif time with DH and be grateful for our health.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Beth Take care of yourself. Hope your recovery is smooth and happy results!

Most grateful for in the town where I live: it's safe even at night. My mom gets all nervous about the darkness, but in reality it's very safe. The neighbors are wonderful. They help with the snow shoveling. One uses our clothesline and the other brought my mom flowers for her 90th birthday.

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Beth- please do take advantage of the guys and REST- if you need even a few extra days, take them.
    Time for you to rest and heal.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live? The views from my commute ;)

Heather How I wish we had at least some of your ethnic restaurants here. There are 4 Mexican, 3 Chinese, one really good pizza and one “italian deli.” No Indian, no middle eastern, not even any European choices. Jealous.
    Lanette Thanks! Stress is a notorious hair disrupter. You’ve been through so much, hoping for a restorative future. What you said to Rita, she (and Machka) of the truly gorgeous heads of hair.
    Kim, I’m gonna channel you and your mom today as I prep almond crescent and “cookies men love” doughs for fridge. Maybe even make rum balls. ;)
    Machka your response to Lanette’s questions about what the experts expected for your DH made tears spring to my eyes. “…remarkable”? Miraculous. You are the power of love.
    Karen from OR likewise winter storm warnings down here on the coast. Possible wind gusts up to 90mph. :astonished: Need to make a quick dash to Freddie’s before hunkering down for the weekend. Well done for taking both classes! The Grinch-a-mole made me laugh,
    Beth healing prayers winging your way. I’d pass on tonight’s Christmas party.

Speaking of which, the fire district’s Christmas Party is tomorrow night. Finally decided not to go, but will drop off a Pioneer Woman Soul Taters sweet potato casserole that afternoon that “someone” can re-heat. Salves my conscience while minimizing contact with people. Most of the folks think they’re invulnerable and that Covid-19 is over. Not me.

Margaret, well done. Are your Santa’s helpers’/elves’ ears showing?
    Flea when I can’t get warm, I toss a beach towel in the dryer. When it heats up I wrap up in that. Closest I can come to those deliciously warmed hospital blankets.
    Vicki glad you dodged the ice storm. [shivers]
    Rita yup, blue skies are addictive. That was one of the criteria I used when looking for a place on the coast. Turns out Brookings/Gold Beach average only 12 fewer blue sky days per year than Boise. I can do that! Brava for holding your temper in the face of so much incompetence. Well done!

Just popped in see if Debbie has checked in.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2022: Be still and listen.
    December: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • Roseabc123
    Roseabc123 Posts: 13 Member
    Beth: Hope you are recovering

Debbie: Glad the procedure went smoothly

Flea: Great about the scan results!

Barbie: Glad Jake got a good report. I might take a look at the line dance links!

Rori: Glad you enjoyed the NBA game!

Michele: I purchased wrapping paper at the a Dollar store...but they didn't have any ribbon or bows! Pretty amusing about putting coal in the stockings! I love the shark!

Machka: You are doing a great job caring for your husband. Exercise was probably one of the best things you could do!

Grandmallie: Miles is at a nice age for Xmas! Zero sugar spiced cranberry sprite sounds good to me!

Heather: Glad you are doing some babysitting for the family!

Annie: Glad your diet is going well!

Tina: I enjoy decorations at Christmas. The gift giving is really for children. And hopefully some day I will be a grandmother!

Karen: Glad your getting some exercise!

Barbara: Time consuming to be trying to manage some one else's health! I can relate!

Rebecca, Thank you for the Lasagna sauce recipe and Beth thank you for the Lasagna recipe. I have them both and plan to use the recipes for the luncheon. I appreciate it very much!

Well my dishwasher is having problems and my computer just had problems. The repairman is here now. I think it is fixable. I am trying to read the read the book for book club and have done most of the Christmas shopping. Just need to mail a few cards and wrap a few gifts!

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia