pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,302 Member
    :)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,819 Member
    edited December 2022
    Grateful:
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? My two dogs, Wicket and Brownie every day the do something to make me laugh.
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. The Christmas spirit making people nicer at this time of year.
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? My hair. It is white, pretty full with lots of body. Hairdressers always comment on how they like to work with my hair. Growing it out this winter. We will see how long I leave once the heat comes back!
    4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? My children and grandchildren.
    5 What is a book that changed your life? The Blooming of a Lotus by Thich Nhat Hann
    6 Think about something you’re good at. Customer service.
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned? To forgive myself.
    8 A basic need that has been met. My housing at the campground. Free for hosting
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live? The blue skies and 300 days of sun!
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for? Losing my job at the print shop. It allowed me to take early retirement, buy this camper after selling my house and travel!
    11 Something you use every day. My phone. I know I know, but like others, everything is on it!
    12 Something you don’t need anymore. A big house
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home: My bedroom
    14 Item of clothing—The coat I bought last January in TN
    December 15 Taste—sweets!
    December 16 Touch—The loving touches from my fur babies!
    17 Smell
    18 Sound
    19 Sight
    20 Texture
    21 Color
    22 A song that makes you happy.
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

Kindness Calendar:
    December 1. “Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others”: Sharing on here and hope it helps someone.
    December 2.:Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are: to be determined. I ended up talking to my uncle and a friend, both who live 2,000 miles away!
    Decembrist 3. Offer to help someone who is having
    difficulty at the moment. - I helped a mom fix her son’s bicycle.
    December 4. Support a charity, cause, or campaign you really care about. - I use Amazon Smile to
    5contribute to St. Jude’s Children Hospital
    every time I buy something, including gifts
    December 5. Leave a positive message for someone
    else to find. Left a note for DH with a
    chocolate kiss!
    December 6.Give a gift to someone who is homeless or feeling lonely. I made a person smile who was having a very bad day trying to get a campsite. I gave them one.
    December 7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. Done! Campers and DH
    December 8. Do something helpful for a friend or family
    member- I made an appointment for DH to get new glasses.
    December 9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead.
    December 10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them.
    December 11. Buy an extra item and donate it to a local food bank.
    December 12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love, or kindness today!
    December 13. See how many different people you can smile at today.
    December 14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one
    December 15. Contact an elderly neighbor and brighten up their day.
    December 16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you speak to.
    RVRita in windy and sunny NM
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Karen sounds like your moving went really well! That can make or break the experience of moving totally! I know thus last time we moved, it was from the next street over. It was strange, because we just filled up many carloads, and didn't really box anything, just took out things from cabinets, and put in the car. So then I just would take the stuff and load into the cabinets here. It was weird. We did rent a truck for the big items though. If we ever do move from here, we definitely will use movers, we're too old to bother!
    He's moved the Diet 5 juice with his canned lemonade he had in the fridge Lisa! He said it completely overtook the lemonade but at least its drinkable. So that bottle was a no. We will buy different juices each week until we come up with what might work. He thinks we need to maybe shop more at the market here with more whole foods, healthy stuff. Maybe, but its gonna cost us much mire than the commissary.
    Having my new friend over this next Tuesday. She is the gal that we went to their home for Thanksgiving. I am making soup with shrimp, and she's bringing sourdough bread she makes! This weekend I will make some stock from my grocery store roasted chicken, and return her mason jar with soup in it. She had given me a jar of apple butter she made. I decided because its just me eating it on toast, that I would put it in the plastic tray my frozen Mochi ice cream comes in, so now if I wish some, I can take a ball out at a time. I just defrost it for a minute in the microwave and voila! I also use the plastic pans the individual microwavable rice portions come in. Sometimes when I just don't want to bother making rice in my rice cooker, I am prone to buying the packs of three containers of already made rice you microwave. I use the plastic pans to portion out my chicken. One pan is like a nice soups worth or a hearty chicken salad sandwich. Plus the chicken pieces aren't all stuck together, and I just stack the little plastic pans and put in a large zip lock bag.
    Today I am using my street tacos, firming them in the oven, and putting on a bit of marinara sauce, a slice of salami, and slice of tomato. Then topping with a slice of havarti cheese and black olives. Then putting it under the broiler. Heaven!
    I bought sugar free coconut dark chocolate bars, and sugar free mint patties, which are in a pretty container on the coffee table. Last night, with the Christmas lights glowing, and Netflix has a Yule log I had on, so that was nicely crackling, then I had two pieces of the coffee table yummies with coffee. Its the little things.💖👍🏻
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,195 Member
    edited December 2022
    Karen - As far as I know, there is no vaccination programme over here for chicken pox. That's why I didn't understand the question. :D We have lots of childhood vaccinations, but not that one. (I may be wrong, but most children just get it) She is perfectly fine, but not allowed to go to school, which throws out all the schedules. They are all on holiday next week, but my son and DDIL have to make progress with their packing for their move at the New Year. I am waiting for a call, but also hoping we won't have to do too much. I really want to get on with my book. :* I know the other grandparents are having them for a couple of days at some stage. I find it difficult having all three together as there is a big age gap. Winter is harder. However, I am ready to do my bit for the family. Soooo much pressure on them. Getting organised for a six month stay in an unfurnished apartment and having to clear the ground floor and much of the house for the builders. With three children and full time jobs. :o
    When I did over two houses I had a complete breakdown both times. Severe depression. They are made of sterner stuff, but my son takes over too much and runs himself ragged.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Oh Flea that is so sad! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    <3:'(Flea
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,302 Member
    (((Flea))) ~ I am so glad you are there to help her through this!

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,326 Member
    Flea - <3 Good that you are with her. Sending hugs to both of you. <3

Lanette
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2022
    (((Felicia))) — I am glad to know that you are with your mother. I am sure she is comforted by your presence. You are an excellent daughter. My prayers are with you. ❤️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/kids- 2hrs 3min 50sec, 57elev, 2.71ap, 90ahr, 118mhr, 6mi= 606c
    Strava app = 736c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 16.31min, 141elev, 45gear, 171aw, 22.1amph, 124ahr, 166mhr, 6.06mi= 157c
    Strava app = 161c
    Zwift stats- 16.32min, 170aw, 53arpm, 143elev, 22.06amph, 6.08mi= 161c

Total cal 763

**lucy did her 1st 3mi walk**
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Flea-I was in your shoes with my mom.. I do not regret one bit of that time with her,i spent the last couple weeks with her..
    The last thing she said to me was a son is a son till he takes him a wife- a daughter's a daughter the rest of her life.. I treasure that.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,195 Member
    Thank you for letting us know about your mum, Flea. <3 May her passing be smooth and full of your love. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Flea, so sorry to hear about your mom, but hope her passing is peaceful. You have made a choice that you will never regret and I hope that will give you some peace as well. {{{HUGS}}}
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Flea - prayers for a peaceful passing. Hugs for you.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Well I heard from another guy on the dating site. This one lasted twenty minutes. He refused to chat about his hometown, and mentioned sex twice. Nope. Not a gentleman and likely not from the town he listed. The worst part is that I let my frustration drive me to ice cream. I am just about done with this game.

Meanwhile my friend who had the stroke has been in the hospital with AFib. I'm worried about him.

And my mother is making plans for me to go out shopping for her. Christmas has way too many surprise errands.

Annie in Delaware