WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Yay Lucy!

I just trimmed Teddy. His front legs are a little less hairy now, and his face is cleaner. Then I decided Enough for both of us, so his hind legs look enormous. He is half Maltese, and he spends his whole life energy growing hair. It never looks even.

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    Beth: Debbie: (((Hugs)))
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/all kids- 2hrs 8min 8sec, 33elev, 2.74ap, 104ahr, 121mhr, 6mi= 641c
    Strava app = 735c
    Other- 17.43min- rake leaves off of front walkway and front patio = 82c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 16.02min, 43elev, 111aw, 18.9amph, 112ahr, 127mhr, 5.05mi= 106c
    Strava app = 101c
    Zwift stats- 16.04min, 44elev, 110aw, 45arpm, 18.90amph, 5.06mi= 102c

Total cal 829
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? Robin Williams movies.

2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. Very grateful for the cool fall weather and the lovely rains.

3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? I am grateful for my hair. It's a pretty color and has body/wave. I never have to fuss with it.

4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? I am incredibly grateful for the assistant marketing manager Stephanie at our retirement community, who is skillfully navigating us through the portal into our retirement community. Among other things, she tactfully negotiated to return the larger storage space that originally came with our apartment (it had been commandeered, lol), assigned us a prime parking space near the elevator in the parking garage, gave us a grace period before we have to start daily "check ins", took charge of a delivery of large awkward boxes in our absence, delivering them into our apartment with care, spontaneously recruited us to join into a trivia game that was already underway, and numerous other little thoughtful gestures. Plus she is super responsive to emails.

5 What is a book that changed your life? To Kill a Mockingbird

6 Think about something you’re good at. I'm good at packing a box w/random items (like a puzzle)

7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned? I am still learning this lesson. Do not talk at/overwhelm my younger brother with too much information or too many questions. He is vulnerable and becomes anxious and ultimately angry - because he feels inadequate, which makes him resentful.

8 A basic need that has been met. Basic needs: food, water, clothing, sleep, and shelter. All have been met with the possible exception of adequate sleep.

9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live? Oh my gosh, there are so many great things about this neck of the woods. However, picking just one: I have a terrific network of friends and access to limitless resources in and around Richmond, VA where I live. So I would have to say "the people who live here".

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Allie The photo of Miles in front of the Christmas tree is a prize winner! What an amazing, wonderful photo!

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Great photos, Allie. <3:p

Good news, Beth. Enjoy the rest of your day. <3

Debbie - Glad that bit's done. Now try and rest. Your body needs recovery time. Xxxxxxxx
    Call on anyone you know to help you.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Yay Beth!

And Yay! for Debbie for getting through the surgery smoothly!

I ate enough today that I have to walk some tonight. Three servings of chocolate so that's my own fault. But I got the oil changed in my car, so that's an accomplishment. Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Debbie thanks for updating us. Those shots sound like what my first, grumpy, male dermatologist did to me. Shocked and hurt so bay tears spurted out from my eyes and may have bounced off his glasses. Thankful next dermatologist had a better protocol: mild cal native before, numbin gel, wait for it to take effect then inject the Novocain. Not completely pain free but way better than the f it dry time. Like everyone else here I urge you to rest and ask for help.
    Maybe when your friend comes over to change the bandage the first time, your DH and son will see it’s not so hard to help.
    Beth rejoicing at the good lab report. Still smh that you’re going out tonight;)
    Allie the pic of Miles at the tree… priceless!!!

Best laid plans: got home from Freddie’s just as the storm blew in. While putting groceries away took out leftovers for supper. Good thing. As I was prepping mushrooms for sautéing and washing beet greens, BLIP! Power went out. Poor Maizey was en route “home” and got confused (no power =no wifi). No Pc either so no district work. Don’t want to open the fridge so there goes dough prep plans. Think I’ll just put another log on the fire and join Koe whose already turned in.

Lighter lovelies!
    Barbara the southern coast is AHMOD you know the rest, hate trying to input on my iPhone’s touchscreen.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Debbie, glad your friend is stepping up, hope it's a quick recovery!

Beth, so glad the results were good...

Rebecca,
    the fish sounds wonderful... I forgot to mention that I used your brittle recipe, and was so impressed! Had no peanuts, so I roasted pecan halves with a little butter and salt and used those. Corey said it was the best brittle he's ever tasted! It brought back memories from his childhood--with 12 kids and two parents in the house, they made it by the vat full, and he said keeping the temperature right was almost impossible. He was totally impressed that it was just a few minutes in the microwave! I sent it with him to work to give to the guys, but had more than one little shard of it myself before it made it out the door. Absolutely outstanding!

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    :) Bessie had a successful time with the mobile groomer. She is a lovely woman and Bessie liked her. She was able to lift Bessie into her van. Jake sat with her during half the grooming process and she did well. Now she has a rose attached to her collar and she's lying behind my chair to get away from the noise of the wind outdoors.

:)Beth Glad the results were good.

:)Debbie, I hope you'll allow yourself to rest and let go of some of the stuff on your "to do " list.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,953 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Debbie thanks for updating us. Those shots sound like what my first, grumpy, male dermatologist did to me. Shocked and hurt so bay tears spurted out from my eyes and may have bounced off his glasses. Thankful next dermatologist had a better protocol: mild cal native before, numbin gel, wait for it to take effect then inject the Novocain. Not completely pain free but way better than the f it dry time. Like everyone else here I urge you to rest and ask for help.
    Maybe when your friend comes over to change the bandage the first time, your DH and son will see it’s not so hard to help.
    Beth rejoicing at the good lab report. Still smh that you’re going out tonight;)
    Allie the pic of Miles at the tree… priceless!!!

Best laid plans: got home from Freddie’s just as the storm blew in. While putting groceries away took out leftovers for supper. Good thing. As I was prepping mushrooms for sautéing and washing beet greens, BLIP! Power went out. Poor Maizey was en route “home” and got confused (no power =no wifi). No Pc either so no district work. Don’t want to open the fridge so there goes dough prep plans. Think I’ll just put another log on the fire and join Koe whose already turned in.

Lighter lovelies!
    Barbara the southern coast is AHMOD you know the rest, hate trying to input on my iPhone’s touchscreen.

I changed the bandage myself last night(had to because it started bleeding and soaked it)- it doesn't look great but I just had the next one ready and replaced it quickly.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Yes the little nakey picture for sure is a keeper..
    Im enjoying Willy Wonka..
    Tomorrow on AMC has all sorts of 80s movies on..