WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Ugh feel worse,Heather your right I haven't cleaned the Cpap in awhile ,it's drying now,but im laying low..
    I did make some Campbell's chicken noodle soup and took some cold meds and pumping the fluids and rest.. about all I can do..Watching Christmas rom coms on T.V.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    DH out, and I seem to be compensating with drink and food. >:)
    Oh well.

I enjoyed watched Kirsty doing all sorts of lovely crafts. Especially the handmade paper. Great thing to do with kids.
    Plus sock snowmen/people.

All good. Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    England lost to France. What a relief!!! I will,be suitably sympathetic. :#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Oh glad the recipe worked out for you! It have noticed it makes such a light and airy brittle, like honeycomb candy.👍🏻💖
    It doesn't make a big batch but enough! I could probably eat a whole recipes worth if I am watching a good movie!
    Rebecca

Oh, good! I was afraid I'd done something wrong when it stayed kind of blonde and poofy. Corey noticed too, that it actually had a chew and didn't just shatter when he was eating it, and he loved that. The taste was just outstanding. Think I'll make another batch while the grandkids are here - they'll enjoy helping, and they can eat it before they leave!

Cheers...
    Lisa

It definitely is blonde, you have to quickly stir the baking soda and vanilla in, then pour and scrape! It fuses to your spoons and bowls quickly.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Rebecca and Lisa ... OK, I found the peanut brittle recipe ... It's 1/2 cup light corn syrup and 1 cup SUGAR? I can't imagine it's anything else, but I keep looking at the word for "sugar" and now I'm getting batty ...

Yep 1/2 karo light corn syrup and 1 cup granulated sugar, mix as good as you can, scraping spoons back and forth.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    Options
    💕💖💕

☘️Terri
    Brain fog!!!
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Rebecca - I will make that peanut brittle recipe, because it sounds like honeycomb, which I like. :D We don't have such a thing as corn syrup over here, but I found some US brrand stuff on Amazon which they are charging a fortune for, so I've bought a Chinese one. Same thing. Apparently, Google says you can substitute one cup sugar dissolved in 1/4 cup water. :o The recipe also reminded me that I needed to buy more vanilla extract, so that's done. I haven't got any salted peanuts though. Can buy those locally tomorrow.
    I'm going to try it out just because ....... because it looks unbelievably easy! :p Peanuts are good for you. Right? :laugh:

Hair is trimmed and tidy. Still got to do the roots soon.
    Gearing up to make gluten free bread sauce tomorrow. Bought full milk and got the bread out of the freezer.

We are planning to have a singing session after lunch tomorrow. We are going to try the classical pieces that we were being taught before covid. We have the sheet music and can follow recordings on YouTube. Should be fun. :o;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Just remember to use a really sturdy container because microwaving it, it turns to lava! My Pyrex measuring container is thick enough, though it gets warm, it won't break.
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Dang it Navy midshipmen lost to Army 17/20. Lee is upstairs slaughtering bad guys in his computer games!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ... I made the peanut brittle and now have to put it out of sight as I can't stop eating it! It is very good and way too easy to make!! (But thanks for sharing the recipe :) )

Beth

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Short walk w/kids- 50.30min, 29elev, 105ahr, 120mhr, 2.04mi=250c
    Strava app = 250c
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »

Last weekend, I got my Christmas tipi set up for the kids to play in. It took about four trips to Home Depot and $200 in supplies to build. It also took about eight hours to get it the way I wanted it. But the kids have loved it.
    klohum5brpm9.jpg
    jnf0ad3eymih.jpg

Well, I better scoot! Love and hugs to all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

I love this idea. :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    We've been out to our beekeeping group this morning. So fascinating! "We" did a major hive move - a strong collection of bees needed to go into a new hive, and we're getting the old hive so we'll have two. But it might be a little while before we get another swarm.

And now it has started raining (again) so we're at home relaxing and listening to Christmas music.

Machka in Oz

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    KJ - Love the tipi! Sounds like a busy Christmas season ahead! I thought the family was moving near you? Or is that coming with the new year?

Barbara AHMOD - My DD is taking the dog with her to Hawaii, and there is a quarantine, but it can be as little as five days with the right vaccinations and tests prior to arrival. That's the way I read the website, but I've seldom seen a more convoluted document. She's the queen of sticking to the regulations, so I'm sure she'll have it all in hand.

Ginny - Glad the surgery went well...

I've been writing all day, quite cathartic, some publishable, some not. Nice quiet day.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    d3lqgfglsxxh.png

This is good, but unfortunately, I don't think I'll get much more than that this month.

Machka in Oz