WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    It has been snowing here today in Illinois. Looking out of my window I can see snow falling but the grass is still green & the driveway is wet. So far the snow isn’t sticking.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,592 Member
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    :)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,071 Member
    Options
    Sunday is going well. I squeezed by with eight calories to go after dinner. Yay! Mostly I found a leaner cut of beef to serve.

And then I will walk a bit later, so I get to choose whether to have a little something for dinner.

I took a single Motrin last night, and that was enough to keep me asleep despite a little soreness. My knee is doing fine, just talking to me a little bit climbing the stairs. So all in all, a great day for me! ( With apologies and condolences to the people of Monterey Park where it's a terrible day)

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Karen - It is so good to see you reaching out for joy--love Daddy and Lilybell's whale spouts! Even more to see you reaching out within the community you've adopted. It must feel like taking a deep breath for the first time in a long time.
    Lisa, You must be feeling better with your bone marrow producing. Anemia causes such profound fatigue. Congrats on the weight loss. I wonder why your doctor is worried, though - what is your current BMI? I’m guessing it is about 29, which is not too low. Maybe she’s afraid you’ll keep wasting away, lol.

Karen - more about the rapidity of the weight loss without trying, I think. I'm 5'2", and was at 161 in late Nov when she saw me last, and at 149 when I spoke to her on the phone. Dropped from 29.4 to 27.4 BMI, over the holidays, and me eating like a lil' piglet.

There's just something going on with all this that is (or was) keeping my body from absorbing calories. I'm hoping the increase in the iron stores will become the base platform that will support the rest of the nutrients in absorbing like they should. I've been at 149 to 151 pounds now for three weeks, one of my longest stalls in a year or more.

Up most of the night, just not able to sleep. I see a Sunday afternoon nap in my future!

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

Now Lisa you aren't by chance extra thirsty, or have "cotton mouth" do you? I know unexplained weight loss is a side effect of being diabetic. Also some blurred vision. All of these things husband has. But its been getting better.👍🏻
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Karen -((( Hugs! Didn't know that. ))) Thanks for your suggestion of writing about it. I'm gestating a poem right now about last week, but you are right, the time will come. He does get some air time in Memory Boxes, but not enough to do that huge part of my life justice. Love the photos! :p

DH has gone off to see his daughter. I decided not to join them as they wouldn't be eating till very late for me and I just do feel a bit hibernatory. ;) Having a quiet day is good sometimes. Some days I just need to sink into myself, like I did when I was a teenager. For lunch I had rice and refried beans and an enormous Mexican type salad! I'm now completely stuffed. :p A light supper tonight. DH will probably have fish and chips at the restaurant.

Here is a photo DDIL took of us yesterday.
    qlwqtrzur288.jpg

Love to all, you are always in my thoughts.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Ooh HIBERNATORY! I like this word. That explains me. I like the quietness of my huge home, and the blank walls here and there. Like physical representations of a long intake of breath and blowing out. MMM-AHHHH.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,592 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,272 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - That is my kind of food. :o<3

DH home. Just pleased to have connected with his daughter, even though it wasn't quite what he planned!
    He has just listened to me talking (again) about the effect my ex's intervention had on me. He doesn't really understand it, but he did his best. <3 I don't altogether understand it either, but I know it has something to do with my father.
    I am a very fortunate woman.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    😘
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,431 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Unfortunately, at least three of the medications I'm taking cause dry mouth, so it's not easy to tell. Dehydration is also always an issue for those who've had a gastric bypass, so I drink water all day long. Helpfully, though, the VA docs are testing my fasting blood glucose every few months and no issues have shown up. My mother was diagnosed with diabetes at 60 years old, so I do ask them to keep an eye on it. Thank you for thinking of me, dear heart. Hope Lee is continuing his healthy ways.

Your soup sounds like something Corey would love!

Heather - Just finished Where Am I? and filed a review. On to Memory Boxes... :)