Let me know you a little better

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,254 Member
    I love cabbage raw.
    The smell of it cooked turns my stomach.
    Same with spinach.

Some completely inane facts about me.
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,111 Member
    After a sudden death in the family a while ago I feel a nagging worry about how death sneaks up on you.. you don't know where you don't know when. One minute you are here the next not.. I think about when will my time be. 😔

Same here. I was affected seeing so much sudden death in combat, that I was just waiting for my turn. It never came...Now, after getting shot 10 years ago, and complications in my open heart surgery 2 years ago, I see the end of the tunnel. I feel like I have cheated death too many times and my luck is running out. But since it is inevitable, I try to focus on living, rather than dying....
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    I floss on company time
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    I worked for my ex for about 10yrs,
    I managed the accounts payable and receivables.
    I flunked math in school.
    I was a failure at balancing the checkbook.
    Somehow I kept track of millions of dollars in invoices.
    I was a wreck, cried all the way to the office every morning.
    When we split and he retired me he had a CPA audit the books.
    I had neglected to bill out $800,000. to our investors over the years for several different wells.
    Thank goodness it wasn’t the other way around.
    My ex used that as an example of my incompetence to several people.
    I never will forget how I felt.
    He never admitted it was mean.
    That attitude of his is one of the reasons I can’t live with him.

I feel this so much right now. Except the ex part. And he's an *kitten*, btw. I don't like him.
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 433 Member
    I need to learn how to do a 90s inspired Pamala Anderson updo.😍 🤩

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,127 Member
    I floss on company time

Floss the dance or floss the teeth?
  • TwitchyMagee
    I floss on company time

Floss the dance or floss the teeth?
    I floss & brush my toofeses after lunch. I hate flossing and one way I get myself to do it regularly is by doing it at work.

I really only dance in the kitchen these days. Lately I’ve been trying to learn how to make my cheeks clap.

Glad you asked? 😄
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,691 Member
    I love cabbage raw.
    The smell of it cooked turns my stomach.
    Same with spinach.

Don't care one way or the other about cabbage (probably because I've never been served cooked cabbage so have no frame of reference) but I very much enjoy raw spinach on salads and sandwiches, while cooked is...just, no.
  • Jess_Below_30
    Jess_Below_30 Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2023
    My biological mother was only one year older than me when she died from COPD.
    Even though I quit smoking 11yrs ago and don’t have the disease,
    I can’t help but have a little bit of worry in the deep recesses of my mind.

Same here. My dad was 48 when he had a stroke with high cholesterol. I’m 48 with high cholesterol. I’m terrified!

• honey_honey_12
    edited February 2023
    My biological mother was only one year older than me when she died from COPD.
    Even though I quit smoking 11yrs ago and don’t have the disease,
    I can’t help but have a little bit of worry in the deep recesses of my mind.

Same here. My dad was 48 when he had a stroke with high cholesterol. I’m 48 with high cholesterol. I’m terrified!

Try not to worry too much. 💗
    Get that cholesterol down, you can do it! 🙂
  • nossmf
    All my grandparents lived into their 90's, one almost cracking 100. I've got a goal, now.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    I sneaked reads of inappropriate novels when I was a kid & Im mostly ok.

I don’t remember what age I was when I read a romance novel laying around my house but when it got to the first naughty scene… I threw that thing away from me and into the closet. I did go back for it though but I was just too pure. 🥲

I needed to add to these posts😂 I was 13ish and was babysitting and picked up a book off coffee table...in hindsight there were some other sketchy things with this situation 😬
  • TwitchyMagee
    I sneaked reads of inappropriate novels when I was a kid & Im mostly ok.

I don’t remember what age I was when I read a romance novel laying around my house but when it got to the first naughty scene… I threw that thing away from me and into the closet. I did go back for it though but I was just too pure. 🥲

I needed to add to these posts😂 I was 13ish and was babysitting and picked up a book off coffee table...in hindsight there were some other sketchy things with this situation 😬

My tween years were peppered with VC Andrews and books about suicide.
  • honey_honey_12
    The first novel I read that wasn’t for school but for my own enjoyment was “Rebecca”
    by Daphne du Maurier.
    I was 12 in 6th grade.

No wonder I grew up with a ridiculously romantic idea of masculinity and love. 🙄
  • HoldTheDoor13
    HoldTheDoor13 Posts: 172 Member
    I eat kiwi fruit with the skin on
  • TwitchyMagee
    The first novel I read that wasn’t for school but for my own enjoyment was “Rebecca”
    by Daphne du Maurier.
    I was 12 in 6th grade.

No wonder I grew up with a ridiculously romantic idea of masculinity and love. 🙄

I loved that book. I had no idea what it was about when I began reading it. I didn’t know what a Gothic novel was or anything so the whole thing took me by surprise
  • nossmf
    When I was very young, I never spoke at first, not even just trying out words. My mother worried I was developmentally delayed, until one day I spoke an entire sentence (three words, but still). Guess I just didn't want to speak until I had something to say.
  • honey_honey_12
    When I was in grade school (except grade 1,2 in Spain, Greece)we lived on a small creek.
    I spent almost all my outdoor fun down in the creek.
    My friends and I would dam it up to make a pool.
    We’d catch crawdads, see who could find the biggest one.
    Built forts, so many forts!
    That was so much fun.
    Later on when I was older, that’s where I’d sneak a cigarette.
    After it was paved, I drove my car down into it, drove for miles. 🤯
    I’m so thankful that creek was there.
    😂
    I was crazy