skuehn48 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,849 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Good morning ladies!

I resisted the first of the Valentine's chocolate Yay!

Annie in Delaware

I have resisted too, but I am known to grab a Cadbury egg every now and then!😜💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I got three kinds of the Christmas hard candy when I helped at the food program. They reminded mom and i of my grandma(her mom) She always had a bowl of that candy around. I got mini ribbon candy, filled hard candy and the "cut rock" candy. I am limiting myself to a few pieces at a time and just suck on them so they last. I am sure I am eating more than I should

Hard candy is nice because it helps with portion control. I buy sugar free jolly ranchers, and lemon drops for husband and I.👍🏻
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Just remember that it's about 30 calories a piece.

That doesn't sound like much, but if a person at 5 of them, that's 150 calories.

That's a reasonable portion of a 1200 calorie/day diet.

• Machka9
    Options
    wizzywig wrote: »
    Oh dear, I am so far behind again. I don't know how you ladies keep up?

I'm trying to read a few pages before I do my exercise. I find that if I don't exercise quite early on before breakfast I don't get it done at all. My routines have gone out of the window for some reason. I need to get back on track with almost everything!

Hope everyone is doing okay <3
    Love
    Viv UK

Mostly, I read on the bus to work. :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Lunch yesterday was very enjoyable but tiring. DED and DEGS came for lunch. DYD came later. It was good to chat and spend time with them.

Tracey: Amazing job on the old photo
    Rebeacca: Great news. It’s exciting watching a new family dynamic develop
    Heather: I agree. It’s worth the effort for people you like.

Today’s intentions:
    📍prep for afternoon Monday Painters
    📍Latin translation
    📍Solid Habits

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• Machka9
    edited February 2023
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka thanks for sharing your DH’s heart attack precursors. Didn’t imagine it would present as upset stomach.
    Barbara

I didn't imagine it either! After we got home, I gave him an electrolyte pill (in case his electrolytes were imbalanced which can cause digestive issues) and a glass of water and settled him in bed. But he was up about 10 minutes later throwing up and feeling worse. And he wanted to sit up rather than lie down.

I stood there, and walked around, with my phone in my hand following him around. He'd feel a bit better and I'd put the phone down, then he'd feel worse again and I'd pick the phone up.

Finally at some point, I asked him to take his blood pressure going super high because we'd been in Emergency with his blood pressure about 3 weeks early. He was fumbling with the machine and couldn't seem to get it, which was unusual for him. So I told him to lie down, gave him an aspirin, and called for help.

But all that doesn't match up with Healthline's list:

k0imkvch683g.png
    https://www.healthline.com/

And according to that list for women, I have heart attacks all the time! :neutral:

gvmu6puh5ym8.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Trying to address feet:
    So my feet (arthritis ridden as they are!) get bothersome. Orthotics do help some while walking. They have been bothering me with burning etc. that develops overnight as I am sleeping. Blood flow, etc. is good. Noticed when I stayed in hotel this past week and slept on firm mattress-no morning pain and feet did not wake me up. Then I remembered at Christmas when I stayed at my kids, feet weren't such an issue - and I walked at least my normal amount if not more. Started wondering about mattress. It is about 9 years old and was not of excellent quality to being with. It isn't providing solid support. Ventured out yesterday and ordered a new one. My goodness they are expensive. I did not buy the top of the line, but I decided with my hip replacements and arthritis it may be worth an investment. The one I ordered is supposed to be good at pressure point relief. It may not solve the issue but since we can't find a medical reason, may as well try that along with doing stretches daily (some days are better than others! Supposed to be delivered in a week or so.

A good quality mattress is definitely worth it.

For years, I found that I loved travelling. The beds in hotels etc. were so comfortable. Then I would come home and back to my rather uncomfortable bed. After our Round the World trip in 2012, we decided it was time to get a bed that would be "so comfortable" at home. Since then, finding a bed as comfortable in a hotel etc. has been difficult ... but I love my bed at home!

I also have arthritis in my feet. One of the things that feels good is standing in the shower, on one leg, and stretching my toes under the nearly hot water. Walking barefoot in sand is also good. :)

ginnytez wrote: »
    Thinking of all having struggles-whether it be health or relationships. I have been there with tough spouse decisions. No one correct answer (as long as physically safe).
    Take care all,
    Ginny in Ohio

Yes ... I worry about a few here regarding physical safety.

M in Oz

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    My Miata brings me such joy! I even put the top down after shopping for the drive home. Yes, top down in February in Ohio! Craziness! But such fun! I did have heated seat and heat on but it was 55 outside. I got 4 twelve packs of soda and 10 bags of groceries in the trunk. It took creative packing. Then took out GT500 to dinner. Was fun! We did watch Superbowl. We don't generally follow sports, but I like a good game every now and then. The commercials were much better than the past few years. A few made me laugh. The game was good. I didn't even turn off the halftime show.
    The only productive things I did were breakfast and grocery. Oops. Just can't make that the normal.

Have an awesome week!
    Congratulations to new additions!
    Safe travels for those traveling!
    Hugs for all!
    Encouragement for everyone!
    You are all special to me!

Kylia in Ohio experiencing a fake spring and enjoying it.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Only if you're interested in doing something like this as we go along ...

Feel Good Feb and/or Exercising the Alphabet in February
    Feel Good Feb
    zdlnh64mq3da.png
    https://www.actbelongcommit.org.au/programs-initiatives/feelgood-feb/

Exercising the Alphabet in February

In other words, on February 1, you'd walk to a street that starts with A or do an exercise video hosted by someone whose name starts with A or something ... A.

On February 2, you'd go swimming at a Beach or play a game of Baseball or something ... B.

On February 3, you'd go Cycling or Climb some stairs or something ... C.

and so on.

There are, of course, 26 letters in the alphabet and 28 days in February, so you'd have 2 free days if you didn't exercise those days or couldn't fit in the next letter of the alphabet.
    I have listed several January highlights so that meets the calendar suggestion for February 1...

And I walked to the Asian "dollar store" next to the Asian grocers and bought Art supplies at lunch today. That'll be my A. :)

Put myself in someone else's shoes --- I've been treating my difficult work colleague with kindness by talking to her about her son, complimenting her skirt, talking quietly and gently to her and so on.

And today, I walked to Bathurst Street to Buy some Books. I also climbed stairs in my Building. :)

Watch a movie that reminds me of kindness --- probably not tonight!

C is for Climbing and walking on Collins St!

Take a picture of three things that make you happy --

aocs3725u6ly.png
    42vpz698ig8s.png
    qaqbrf33a1dz.png

D is for exercising Downstairs!
    Rowing - 16 minutes
    Walking - 38 minutes
    Weights - 10 minutes

Be kind to yourself -- Sleep, gardening and cycling! :)

E is for Exercising!
    Plus we cycled on Endeavour Ave and the Esplanade. :)

Start a conversation with someone new --- I'm not the sort to strike up random conversations, or conversations at all. But I did chat with a person I met recently and one I haven't seen in a few months today.

And ... F!
    mcuvbtguykqt.png

Consider a current struggle. Write down two thoughts that bring you comfort.

Hmmm ... A current struggle, like only one? Let's go with waiting. I feel like I spend most of my life waiting.

wrt353eh66bk.png
    x3f3p2wdopwq.png
    9g49r21ubbnn.png

And a walk to the botanical Gardens through the rose Garden!
    jrhi6g59mua4.png

Consider and celebrate diversity! Does that include people who look at things completely differently than you do? If so ... woohoo! I've had that opportunity today!

H is for Hobart - walking around. And Hanging clothes outside.

Identify a role model who embodies perseverance and find 2 ways to emulate them.

Well, I don't have role models ... and I've persevered as much or possibly even more than many people I know.

However, today was brought to you by the letter I. I did walk by and around IMAS (Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies).

Check an item off your to do list this weekend!

YES! I tidied a shelf in the kitchen. I've been meaning to do that for months but finally did it today. There was a large quantity of rubbish on that shelf ... more than I thought. So, much of the cleaning process was just throwing things out.

I've also been dusting our entertainment unit and all the stuff on it.

And I went outside and tidied the area right in front of our front door which involved moving a whole bunch of pots and other garden things to a different location and then sweeping out a year's worth of leaves and stuff. I climbed up and down and up and down stairs doing that.

This evening I made an attempt at digging the area I want to plant things next to my dry stream. I got a new spade which is great, but even so, there are so many roots, I'll need to use something else to break it up.

Just getting rid of Junk and Jabbing the Soil

Make twice as much for dinner and either invite guests or deliver a meal to a friend ...

We're actually doing that sort of dinner thing on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, all my exercise was in K ... Kingborough today!

Cycling:
    bdgt6bwhubu9.png

Heaving a heavy mattock in the garden:
    x23kxu9gyuil.png

And walking our Kitty, Rhody. :)

Make a list for the week ahead so you stay focused.

I have one massive ongoing things to do list with the most urgent things at the top.

L
    Walking exercised my Legs.
    Gardening exercised all my Limbs!

Consider a recent disagreement. Did you extend forgiveness?
    Yes.
    I don't like being at odds with people.

M
    Meandering around Bunnings.
    Moving the Mattock.

Machka in Oz
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

So true, Rebecca, the military treats you great while you're serving, but you get basically nothing once you get out.

Tracey, that is an amazing transformation! I don't think I've every heard of that app, Beth.

13-Consider a recent disagreement. Did you extend forgiveness... oh yeah, and never got an acknowledgement of any kind. So much for apologies. But I'll never stop trying.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,200 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of selling some more gold, because I'm very, very short of ready cash. I will investigate further on Wednesday. I want to get my hair trimmed and enjoy next week's trip to London without worrying. Prices are good. I never ever wear the stuff.

I decided to go out to the fish market at the harbour as it is such a glorious day. DH walked down there with me, but then carried on with his stroll. I hadn't intended to buy so much, but ended up with more than 3kgs to lug home. :o It was the first day I felt the warmth of the sun 🌞. It's half term, so there were children playing everywhere. :p
    7o8g0nwgd78n.jpg

Now for a rest before my Zoom.
    Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Lisa))) — <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies!

I tried to keep up with all the comments and replied to many of them in my head. :p

Tracey - that photo enhancer is remarkable! Yes, Rodger's dad was very handsome. Is that Rodger there with him?

Barbie - so true. Being released from anger and resentment by forgiveness is a gift we can give ourselves.

Rosemarie - hope the elves that hid those parts do the right thing and put them back where you can find them. I will admit I looked for 2 days for a package of dried cranberries I bought. When I finally gave up and put them back on the grocery list, I happened to look in the cupboard where they belonged and there they were, hiding in plain sight. :D Infuriating.

I decided I finally had my fill of waking up and getting up at 1 or 2 am. Granted, I'm in bed between 6 and 7 pm most nights but watch Vera or some video on the little tablet. Then when I'm too tired to watch I switch to a podcast and let that chatter in my ear as I drift off.

Well, I've been watching a series called "The Human Longevity Project" that dives into different aspects of our lives that age us. What/when/how much we eat, exercise, etc. The one I watched yesterday talked about sleep. And how the LED lights we've all converted to don't put out the spectrum our eyes need in order to produce melatonin, heal, boost our immune system, etc. Light coming through windows is filtered by the glass, so it doesn't do the trick. So the solution is to get outside when the sun first comes up for 15 or 20 minutes and that wakes up our brain and gets the right hormones going. And getting out in the sun for periods during the day.

My DH always went out early in the morning when the sun was coming up, would sit under the shop porch roof for 10 and 15 minutes and watch the birds, the sky, and pet the cat. He never had any problems sleeping. Hmmm.

This isn't the first time I've heard about the benefits of "yellow" light, the light also puts out heat such as incandescent lights, sunlight of course, the fire in the woodstove or fireplace, and so forth.

I still have a small stash of incandescent bulbs so replaced the LED light in the living room with one. And turned off the tablet at 7, no switching to a podcast to lull me to sleep.

I got 8 hours of good sleep. Let's hope for a repeat tonight. :D

COFFEE - who among you drinks instant coffee? I decided to give my little Mr. Coffee a rest and opened a can of Taster's Choice instant. Instant coffee is all my parents and grandparents drank. It's fine!

CHICKENS - Saturday the weather was nice so I cleaned out the greenhouse, measured this and that, thought if I was going to put a couple chickens in here, what would I need to do? Add some chicken wire, reinforce the door, make the

Kim - I'm aware of how livestock ties a person down and how hard it is to find a minder. We had an unfortunate experience one time when we were gone for several days - our minder couldn't follow simple written instructions - and after that, we decided one of us would always be home to care for the sheep and chickens. An emergency - even my dog would take some last-minute planning. My cleaner is close by, Rosie knows her, so she agreed to whip over here and feed her and let her out if need be. She also has chickens.

Again, early days for chickens.

GARDEN - Part of cleaning out the greenhouse was doing planting pot inventory, seeing how many large ones I have for container gardening. I'm going to grab a few more large resin pots when I'm in town and should be set for what I want to have on hand.

OK, it's getting light out so will bundle up and head out with Rosie for a few minutes.

Make it a wonderful week!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State