WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options
1757677787981»

Replies

• myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Rita— I have not created an account with a different email address. I haven’t got the focus to do what you suggest. DH ‘s health situation is complicated following a heart attack last summer, and is my primary focus. This is accompanied by selling our home in Oregon and moving our belongings to Illinois. It is not an easy time just now. 😳
    I appreciate your suggestions but I’m not able to follow them for now.

Katla
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Katla. <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,435 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Photos of my last landscape of Lindisfarne, and the calls lilies I finished yesterday.

565kewdo9oar.jpeg
    1kjjo8eugzco.jpeg

Beautiful ... and Lindisfarne is a suburb of Hobart. :)

M in Oz

This Lindisfarne, also called Holy Island, is a tidal island off the northeast coast of England, which constitutes the civil parish of Holy Island in Northumberland.
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Vicki: 🎉🎂Happy Birthday 🎂🎉
    In advance.
    Heather: Considering that you only started painting on you last cruise, you have made excellent progress.

Annie: Doing multiple reps of light weights is a recognised way of losing weight. It tones the muscles while burning calories. I often do light weights while doing walking videos.

We had a good day. Popped out to the local garden centre and treated myself to a long handled weeder for the veg beds. Kneeling down is quite painful at time.

Had a long chat with my friend who lives a couple of doors away.

Intentions for today
    📍Creative Writing prep✔️
    📍Shakespeare prep - read Julius Caesar✔️
    📍Latin prep - grammar ✔️
    📍Declutter bedroom surfaces —>
    📍general chores ✔️
    📍solid habits ✔️

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    :) Here is the link to the new thread for March. I look forward to seeing you there.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10885365/women-ages-50-for-march-2023/p1?new=1
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,735 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 59min 43sec, 138elev, 2.94ap, 96ahr, 121mhr, 6.03mi= 604c
    Strava app = 738c

No spin or gym, had errands to run w/kirby
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,735 Member
    Options
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    DH is on his way to see his heart doctor. I am not accompanying him today. I hope DH will tell me about the Doctor visit.

Katla

What I used to do is I would have kirby call me when he was there with the doctor and put it on speaker so I could hear the conversation and if I had a question I could ask the doc myself.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Lanette- for some unknown reason I think I want one of those little generators. Hmmmmm

Tracey-totally agree with you-grief just hits sometimes.

Karen-that's good news on your spouse's improvements. Glad she was able to take care of self while you were recovering.

Vicki-Happy Birthday!

Lisa-like your style in handling plumber! Hope the finished work is satisfactory.

The ladies painting are making me really want to try. My brother made fun of me as a child when I was trying to learn to paint/draw. I may have to put the demon to bed soon.

Had nice walk after work. Still not over two miles-working back to it but movement is so good. Especially helped after some work frustrations. After wanting to completely explode I did moderate my remarks but very clearly made my point that lack of progress on a certain assignment is not acceptable. That individual has not responded. How they handle this will be a very telling look into their overall value in current position.

Going to early morning briefing with my bosses on some stuff then in to office. Haven't been in there for over a week. I did test negative today. Will still wear a mask in public areas and if someone comes into office tomorrow. Thursday I should be finished with masking.

Need to go get a handout ready for meeting tomorrow-just need to incorporate feedback from folks who proofed it for me.

Take care all-see you in the March thread!

Ginny in Ohio
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Barbie: Thanks for posting the new thread

Intentions for today
    📍weekly grocery shop
    📍outing with Garden Group
    📍finish Latin prep - grammar
    📍Declutter bedroom surfaces —>
    📍general chores
    📍solid habits

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• lbrice1701
    lbrice1701 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello folks! First time posting here and I have a question. What's the best way to get friends and support without getting hit by scammers? I've had two men hit me up with different names but the same person in the picture. I Google imaged the pictures and found that they have been used by scammers for years. I have found that the majority are men, but I think I have one woman scammer too. Most want to move to "What's up" app, which is a red flag for me.
    Thanks, Linda
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    lbrice1701 wrote: »
    Hello folks! First time posting here and I have a question. What's the best way to get friends and support without getting hit by scammers? I've had two men hit me up with different names but the same person in the picture. I Google imaged the pictures and found that they have been used by scammers for years. I have found that the majority are men, but I think I have one woman scammer too. Most want to move to "What's up" app, which is a red flag for me.
    Thanks, Linda

:) Welcome. We have a new thread for March where you may get answers. Most of us don't bother with friends. We just share on this thread. The easiest thing if you get a friend request that seems odd is just to decline and not worry about it.

Here is the link to the thread for March
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10885365/women-ages-50-for-march-2023#latest