Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Good evening,

Got my 6k, took a flight of stairs, found out my compression socks now go up to my knees (that is new). Scale sometimes is not the most important piece of info for the day.

Missy - peace at work!!! Do the dance of joy. Makes a huge difference.

Had almonds for my first course of dinner. Second course will not be so healthy. Just dont know what it is yet.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member
    7bobcihlye24.jpeg
    *** March 7 ***

Wow - we have sunshine again this morning!

I hope that everyone has a good day today 🤗

Lana

264.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Sun for part of day. Rain clouds have found us.

Interesting news, my boss is being competitive with how many steps she gets vs what I get. I do not care one bean about anyone else's so long as I reach or exceed my goal. She saw be walking my breaks today and she announced she was going walking. Hey maybe we will both be in better shape.

Starting tonight we have nothing but rain for the next 7 days. Just is, and it makes me want to make hot chocolate....

• LanaCabana537
    edited March 2023
    nvluopnfqcec.jpeg
    *** March 8 ***
    Here we are at the middle of the week~

Sara - Oh, no..... so if boss is trying to get more steps in, she may be prowling around the jungle instead of staying in her lair. Put on your pith helmet and keep your head down.
    🌴 Cabana Boys are coming with more monster repellent. 🌴

Meanwhile, on the east coast, I've got lots to get through today, so into the shower with me!

Waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana

262.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Note to self, leave your earbuds alone- or buy more expensive ones. I at least can hear out of one until the weekend. Rain turned to sun with cotton clouds. This weekend will be just wet.

Got my 6k in and took my second flight of stairs this week. Knee is doing better with it as well.

Dragon's teachers pet is on vacation and I know that is not easy for her. Gives me more reason to go walking.

• LanaCabana537
    cfnb0ccyf1r7.jpeg
    *** March 9 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - sending you warm sunshine during your monsoon week. Cheers for your doing steps and stairs w knee doing better. That's a big deal!

I'm going to pour myself another cup of ambition and tackle the next item on the Do List.

Everyone have a good day today 🤗

Lana

264.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

The walk I usually take after work was detoured by wind/rain and a nap. Just is.

Another fun weather evening, the battery operated "lantern/flashlight" was purchased at a good time. I have only had to use them once, but I feel better prepared.

I got good points eating until I got home. Not sure it all balances out, but I have closed the kitchen for the night which is a relief.

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Another weekend is upon us. I am a little calmer today but financial issues loom heavy on me. I can do nothing about it for at least another week. I made a casserole the other day and invited a friend, who is also diabetic, to share it with me....he loved it! I have to admit it was tasty. I even gave him a little to take home. I love casseroles because you can get a lot of meals out of one. We are expecting MORE rain...sigh...but the north is happy since they are getting snow which will help the ski resorts....they have had to deal with a warmer-than-average winter this year. I want the warmer weather to come so I can go flea marketing again! Have a great weekend all!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Happy Friday,

Got tangerines as an alternative to bananas or have both in one day.

Rain here is a little hit and miss. Boy that wind is so loud it is hard to sleep.

My earbuds for work broke. As it is my deterrent, I ordered online and will be ready for Monday.

• LanaCabana537
    9skkhp8zhilt.jpeg
    *** March 11 ***

Good morning all~~

How did I miss posting yesterday? Gah.

I haven't been to a flea market in ages. There's a big one regularly at the Raleigh State Fair grounds, but getting there for a day takes planning..... hmm.....

Waves to all who stop by today 🌴

Lana

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Happy Friday,

Got tangerines as an alternative to bananas or have both in one day.

Rain here is a little hit and miss. Boy that wind is so loud it is hard to sleep.

My earbuds for work broke. As it is my deterrent, I ordered online and will be ready for Monday.

Oh no! Hopefully they come in time
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Good Morning!

Have the first week down of my new job and love it so far! It’s so much less stressful environment than my previous and the tasks are coming easy to me. New office crew are nice. Fit right in. I’m trying to make sure I eat breakfast before going in, instead of trying to eat it at Morning break or skipping it altogether. Hours are slightly different so I’m getting home earlier which means that I can get a walk in before it gets too dark.

Class is over halfway over. Been getting A’s so far. Working on a 6 page paper due tomorrow. How is everyone else doing?

Missy
  • LanaCabana537
    edited March 2023
    2bmtp8osxtu6.png
    *** March 12 ***

Happy Sunday everyone~~

Missy - It is inspiring to hear that things are going well for you. I am so happy for you that you eased right into your new job! Class is halfway over? That's crazy - good for you!

It's gloomy here today. Rain is forecast for the entire day, but when I looked outside, there was snow falling for a little while. No accumulation thankfully.
    (Cabana Boys teeth are chattering 🌴)

Today's project is to find the top of my desk. Ha!

Lana

265.6 again
  • Crochetluvr
    HI! I have my little buddy, my Maltese, with his head resting on my laptop as I type.

It's nice that most clocks change themselves nowadays. I have 2 clocks I have to manually change....my hand-wound schoolhouse clock and my black forest cuckoo clock. Did that when I got up so I am set,,,no pun intended. :D

The day started out sunny but the clouds have rolled in. More rain is on the way. I thought you got APRIL showers, not March ones. Oh well...

Have a restful Sunday everybody!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2023
    Good afternoon,

Rain here but it just is.

It was on my agenda to look in the yarn drawers at church and someone dropped off yarn for me, and the drawers were full. I got to take home 3 bags of beautiful yarn with new colors and textures. I was running out of variety and was creatively flat line-ing. So I am inspired to make brown or gray prayer shawls for the men in the church.

Have a variety food challenge from the fitness app through work - not as easy as you think. I had roll up sandwiches (using tortillas) for lunch. Lady who did the food for after service at church said did I want them? Not make a meal? Works for me.

My secret pal at church gave me a long thin fabric scarf for St Patrick's Day which is so LOUD color wise you cannot miss it. I laughed so hard when I saw it. Yes it is going to the worksite.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    6i1j9vr1wrev.jpeg
    *** March 13 ***

Happy Monday All~~

Crochetlovr - you have a Maltese!!?? They are so sweet! Aw 🥰

Sara - that is so cool that there is a yarn-share at your church.
    Wear that loud-color scarf with great abandon! It will lift everyone up 💖

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

264.8 today
  • Crochetluvr
    Lana, yes....he is my little buddy. His name is Qamar, which means "moon" in Maltese.

Hope your Monday is going well!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Managed to not get wet today to work or from work, which was appreciated.

Finishing my peach color prayer shawl - it also has a peach/green and white combo color yarn in there.

Not sure what the next scarf will be, but I am spoiled for choice.

• LanaCabana537
    lxcsu2jfqwyc.jpeg
    *** March 14 ***

Good morning all~~

Crochetlovr - what an excellent name for your little one!

Sara - love the combo of peach and green ~

I am trying to not be resentful of how much time we have to spend fixing the mistakes of others out there.....

I ordered some rugs from Pottery Barn last month. I haven't even received them, and my credit card company sent me an alert that I was over my balance. Why? - because the my account was charged twice for this purchase!
    So I had to call Citi; now I have to wait for customer service at Pottery Barn to open to deal with this double charge. Grrr.

Lana

264.8 today
  • Crochetluvr
    Lana,

That's frustrating. Thankfully, credit cards are pretty good about mistakes and fraud. Its bank debit cards that can be a bit scary. I had someone use my debit card (have no idea how since I didn't lose it) but they spent nearly $700 of my money before I discovered it. The bank DID give me back the money but I had to go to the bank, fill out forms and make a deposition that no one else had access to my card...had to do it all in person. Credit card companies you just chat with them and they take care of it. I learned my lesson....I no longer use my bank debit card for purchases. Hope you get your rugs soon!