Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana - hate it when stores do that. Hope the craziness ends today. Glad you did the "leg work" as frustrating as it is. Take out your frustration and keep those rugs well vacuumed. Get some calories burned as well. In another lifetime the store would "fix" your hassle by offering a discount.....

Very wet and windy and I drove to work. 98% of the time I prefer to walk. Trees were just all over the place today and I am surprised more havent come down. Dragon lady who knows all says they already did in our first set of storms. Psychic powers? Too creepy.

Hot chocolate to end my evening. I got my 5K even without walking to and from work. I got rest in after work between dark clouds.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options
    2sf9i81eo30e.png
    The Ides of March

Good evening all~~

My day was out of whack - just getting here now.....

Credit card shook itself out, and all seems well.
    Crochetlvr - I've heard stories about debit cards, so I have never had them.
    Sara - glad that you got your steps in and that no trees fell near you.

So tired. Time to put feet up.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Tried to take a shorter nap after work. Woke up and closed eyes again. I did try.

Made sure I got 6k in and my extra food has been less. Doesnt mean I am happy about it.

Imagine this - 12:30 am 2 cats making too much noise hissing at each other. I go out and shoo them away only to get them in a fur ball fight. They dont go away far enough. I go back and get water. My walking at them made them go away further. Moral of the story - dont get grandma mad past her bedtime when she has to go to work the next day.

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Almost bedtime. Watching the rest of Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris.

Got a letter from the bank....finally. They said the charges on my debit card were found to be in error and the refund they put in my account will remain. So that's a load off my mind! Now here's hoping my other financial issues get resolved soon so I can relax!

Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day...hope I can get out and walk.

Good night all!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    xfs754o3rbim.jpeg
    *** March 16 ***

Hello all~~

Sara - what a story! The cats should be very grateful that you did not go after them with a fire extinguisher!

Crochet - so good to hear that everything has been straightened out 👍🏻

I need to walk today 😱

Lana

266.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I was wishing for the plant sprayer I used to have -I may have to get a new one with those 2 cats.

Lana - I hope you did get a walk. I did my 6k and came home and passed out. Weather is in our favor until Sunday. I walk the halls at work and that gets most of my steps in.

Crochet - I am with Lana, glad things are getting put to rights.

St Patricks day tomorrow and I have a very green scarf to wear. With any luck it will help keep me awake.

• Crochetluvr
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a nice St. Patrick's Day!

It's cloudy out, although mild. We can't seem to get the right weather yet. And it's supposed to get cold again....sigh.

On track with food today...had a tuna salad sandwich for lunch. Dinner will probably be beef cubes in gravy over mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. I ordered more Atkins bars so I have a treat for myself.

I need spring. I am tired of winter depression....sigh.

Have a nice weekend, everyone!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Pulled back muscle this morning, had the option of going into work in the afternoon. I slept most of the day so I am glad I took the whole day off. Things are improving, which is nice.

Got earphones for work ( I bought 2 thinking I would break one of them). So Monday is full on rock out!!

• LanaCabana537
    edited March 2023
    Options
    43rrlxes3uuc.jpeg
    *** March 18 ***

Good morning everybody~~

Just getting us started. I am behind schedule - will be back later~

Lana

265.8 today
  • LanaCabana537
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Hey Sara - how's your back doing?

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

After having cabin fever yesterday, my back has been good enough to spend the day outside. I am very grateful as my history of back aches are long and rotten.

There was a funeral at church and I would have gone except 1) too many people and 2) rotten chairs to sit in for recovering back issues. I spent the day at my hairdressers.

One of the hairdressers customers has a stray dog who he is fostering and I will see if when she is available to adopt - fill out an application for her. This means some big furniture moves and dog proofing but it is not impossible.

Another day of fish and chips for lunch, and girl scout cookies for dinner dessert. Just is.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    gwkb2hb7or74.jpeg
    *** March 19 ***

Wow - Sara! A new doggie?? Oh! I am excited for you! Keep us posted~
    Glad that your back is not staying bad or getting worse.

At 5:30 this morning I woke up from a vivid bad dream, so I've been dragging around today....I am so grateful that the sun is shining.

Should I go to Lowes and look at dishwashers? I hit rocks on that project, and only now am I getting weary of hand washing everything.

Lana

forgot to weigh
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Hard to tell time when it has been raining all morning. But no high winds and no downpours.

I am having Walmart deliver some groceries. Do not want to walk too far and then have to call in again tomorrow. Yes, I did just roll my eyes.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited March 2023
    Options
    2nxtzv6v3yz0.jpeg

*** March 20 ***

Good morning all~

I am up and moving around.....

* ⛱️ waving at Antoine for more black coffee 🌴 *

Lana

266.6 today
  • Crochetluvr
    Options
    Good afternoon! Started my day with scrambled eggs. Has anyone noticed that large eggs don't look all that large anymore? I had 3 and it still didn't look like much. I remember when I used to go to the farmer's market and get double yolk jumbos, but they don't sell them anymore.

Went to an antique shop on Saturday with a friend. Not much money to spend but I did get a couple of pieces to add to my depression glass collection...nothing really expensive. Two sugar bowls, one creamer, and a lid to a sugar bowl. Why a lid? It's harder to find lids or complete sets with lids so I get a lid for a good price and look for the bowl alone at a good price too. I mostly collect sugar bowl and creamer sets because it's cheaper than trying to buy whole sets of glass.

Warmer weather is on the way! Can't wait! Not sure what is for dinner yet...will have to think about it.

Have a great rest-of-your day!!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Hi Crochetluvr~~

I used to buy extra large eggs. Then Trader Joe's stopped carrying them, since the egg problem started. Now I have been buying the jumbos. I agree - the larges looked so small.

Good for you on the success with your depression glass!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Mondays are Mondays for a reason and while I did okay, I did not walk to work. Tomorrow might be the day. Came home and passed out.

Had a large lunch and food for dinner is "iffy" but at least done.

I have to wait another 2 weeks for yarn I ordered - not impressed - so in the meantime I am making one that has all brown yarns.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    q9bqnuc3l0yx.jpeg
    *** March 21 ***

Good morning all~~

A while back I bought some frozen haddock fillets from Whole Foods. Boy, were they tasteless.
    Not wanting to waste them, yesterday I thawed two more, and then marinated them in some Good Seasons Italian dressing mix w oil. They were much better; not great to buy again, but it was an improvement.

It is pretty cold here this morning. Maybe I'll try a walk this afternoon when it's warmed up more.

Waves to whoever stops by later on 👋🏻

Lana

265.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Windy and wet here. But only wet for me in the morning and windy going home. It was not a good day for anyone driving as it rained most of the day.

Weight up, but that bag of pretzel pieces is done and I am not opening the others. This purchase was not smart. Hey Lana want some Honey Mustard pretzel pieces to go on your fish? Sounds good. Sodium is marginal so maybe not.

I got 4k steps today so I am almost back at goal. Now to see if I can get the scale to change in a good direction.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    ph424x5lbsp5.jpeg
    *** March 22 ***

Well here we are at Wednesday!

Yes, Sara, I probably should have the honey mustard pretzels.....they'll have less calories than my potato chips and dip. 😝
    I have been eating junk lately, due to depression-driven shopping over the past weekend.

I did not walk yesterday, and rain is forecast for today. We'll see.... I've just been feeling like a blob lately, mentally.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

266.6 ugh