March 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Wow, 3 people finished that crazy race! I watched a documentary on the Barkley marathons (The race that eats it's young) and it was absolutely nuts. From the registration to all the requirements to the actual race. It was hilarious and ridiculous.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,192 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    This time I asked about the high side. It will only pace up to 140. My HR can push higher without the PM but it is unlikely. I told him I had seen it much higher when I run and he said again the watch is wrong. They typically see the high in 110-120 range even during times when I am running!

Not a cardiologist here, but I seem to be able to get up to 110 with a tiny effort. I can't imagine that's a max while running. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BTW: that is the best job in an orchestra. Triangle too.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    March 1 – 5.05 miles
    March 4 – 12.01 miles
    March 6 – 5.02 miles
    March 8 – 5.09 miles
    March 11 – 18.97 miles
    March 15 – 5.14 miles
    March 16 – 5.15 miles
    March 18 – 8.02 miles
    Total – 64.45 miles

I hate a late night working last night (finished around 12:30) and back up before 6 am so I wasn’t sure I would be in the mood to run today especially in the colder temps. I got out for 8 miles though. Temp was 36F with 8 mph winds. At least the sun was shining.

Good to see you @yirara but I’m so sorry to hear about your accident. Hope your next surgery goes well and you are soon healed.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,192 Member
    Options
    spl8 wrote: »
    ...I love savory pies, which I make fairly regularly.

Got my longish run in today after missing it yesterday.

Mmmmm. Keep it up! Good job getting it in. That resilience is what I am hoping to improve.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    I saw this article about the Barkley today in a running newsletter I get from the NYT. I gifted it so you all should be able to read it w/o hitting a paywall. Crazy stuff!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Morning all
    Hope you're having a lovely Sunday
    jpbvzh4py57d.png
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    spl8 wrote: »
    @tarun_yadavA, @Laurz9191, @shanaber et al - first it was Cadbury eggs, then pie, now strudel. Oy vey. I love strudel. Haven't had any proper strudel anywhere but Austria and southern Germany, though. But speaking of German desserts - Pflaumenkuchen (plum cake) - was my favorite as a kid. In the pie department, I'm all about strawberry rhubarb pie, which I make once a year when rhubarb is in season. And I love savory pies, which I make fairly regularly.

@spl8 LOOOL! 😂
    We run hard here, and eat harder... !!
    (Or other way round maybe!? 😂)

PS: kudos on long run! 🙌