Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member
    edited March 2023
    zboafo0pim3h.jpeg
    *** March 31 ***

Wow, it's the final day of March!

Sorry I missed yesterday - I had to get ready for a morning appointment, and I forgot to check in!
    Yesterday I seemed to eat nothing but carbs, fat, and salt. The scale tracked that for me, indeed.

Sara - I'm glad that you are not in discomfort from the dental stuff.

Crochetluvr - Congrats on winning that raffle! Yay for Qamar!

Time to get into the shower 🌸

Lana

267.6 today
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Good morning!

I am going to try to post my weight every day....try is the key word. Sometimes I am too depressed to do that.

Tilliesmommy - I get the lazy. I just threw the boxes in my spare room until I couldn't get around them any more. Broke them up and got them on my wheeled cart so I can walk them to the dumpster today. After I pay the rent....ugh!

Need to see if I can get my hair cut today....getting to the point where it needs to be shorter for spring/summer.

TGIF!

183.6 pounds today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Good evening,

Crown fell out last night. Neighbor came and popped it back in, but it is easy to come out so I have worn my night guard all day so it cant go anywhere.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning to get this thing cemented in. Seeing a dentist of any sorts 3 times in a week is a bit much. This tooth is becoming a money pit.

Working on a teal baby blanket and 2 prayer shawls; one in browns/tweed brown and gray, and a pink baby yarn that varies from white to pale pink to moderate pink. It is my distraction at the moment.

It has not been a good week and my chances of having a full on hissy fit are probable, so the fact that I have not gone completely off the wagon food wise is remarkable. Just saying.

Wishing all a good evening. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    5u0fz8o5ze5s.jpeg

Hope everyone had a wonderful March! Onto April!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Happy Saturday,

Seems my tooth can remain open until my next apt. Too much stress this week.

Got 5k today.

Clock that is my fathers is safely in my house and my step mother cannot throw it out. And people wonder why my boss cant crack "my shell".....mother and step mother trump her.

Banana and vegetable omlete make my fruit/veg quota.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Happy Sunday,

Made pizza - followed the directions on the package for the crust this time- worked out much better. I have purchased individual soup to go things for work. I know not ecological which bothers me to a point. I have to find things that are soft that I can take to work that are more healthy. I also got a pumpernickel bread which would go well with the soup.

Slept too long - set alarm did not turn it on - so a little fuzzy. Luckily I am not at work.

Lana - how are things going?

• LanaCabana537
    edited April 2023
    yu35xvwqebzr.jpeg
    *** April 3 **

Hello All~~

Sara - I have been out of whack for a few days. It's been very hard to keep to a routine, which is not good. I simply forget to come here to post! Gah!

Long ago my dentist told me to keep a travel size tube of Fixodent on hand. That's the stuff that is a daily-use product for folks with dentures. It is strong enough to keep a crown in place, but not difficult for a dentist to remove the crown and clean--as are more robust products such as Dent-Temp, something made for dental emergencies and lost fillings.

Missy - thinking of you and hoping that all is well up in New England!

Waves to all who stop by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

267.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Felt like I took last week off. Work was waiting for me..... Luckily it made time fly by.

Lana - good to know about the Fixodent. I have just started the 'things are falling apart in my mouth" phase of adulthood. Taking a "side trip" mentally can be a good recharge.

Church is having a yard sale of sorts soon. I have 2 clocks I got from my last companies - how many clocks does one person need? They are on the pile to go with a picnic basket (came full of yarn from a fellow church member) and a flag holder. to hang on a wall. For now that is enough.

Biting wind today but at least sunny in parts. Got 6k in. Soup is the meal for lunch this week. Works for me.

• LanaCabana537
    ip99yoj4jh0p.jpeg
    *** April 4 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - Soups for lunch for the week sounds like a solidly good idea. Applause for your 6K - you are doing really well with your steps πŸŽ‰

I couldn't sleep, so I've been up since 4:30. The rug delivery isn't until 1PM, but I'm just apprehensive....

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴*

Lana
  • Crochetluvr
    Good Afternoon!

I told my brother I would go to his place and take in the papers and mail for the next week while he and SIL are in San Diego. Must be nice. Need to stop at the grocery store for a couple of things.....going to make meatballs today.

I bought a couple of loaves of Hero bread. They really need to tell these companies that Net Carbs is a lot of hooey! It's misleading....it still spikes blood sugar. But this Hero bread is closer to the size of a regular slice of bread and not tiny like a lot of low cal/carb slices. It has 13 grams of carbs per slice so it's okay for sandwiches. It tastes fine but is NOT worth the cost. Still, I wanted to try it.

Hope everyone's day is going well!

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana - rug?? Does this include an undercover cboy delivering it? You never know.

I had chicken wanton soup at work- the cafe lady makes soup twice a week. She gave me a second helping to have for dinner. I will have it tomorrow as I overslept today after work. She said to tell my boss that her favorite soup is today so I left a message for boss (Dragon). Boss came by during my lunch and wanted 2 servings - she got the last serving and only got one -- the other serving was on my lunch table. See what people get for being demanding and unkind? Only one serving. I had to laugh to myself.

Got 5700 steps. I did not sleep well last night and that was todays total. Will get better sleep today- I hope.

• LanaCabana537
    pam50wq7xhmj.jpeg
    *** April 5 ***

Here we are in the middle of our week.....

Sara - Yes, one of the two rug delivery guys was definitely Cabana Boy-qualified! Cute, big smile, and eager to do a good job πŸ‘πŸ»πŸŒ΄

Crochetluvr - Mmmm..... Meatballs!! Yum!

I had a *kitten* morning so far. Details later. Must get going now....

Lana

268.6 scary
  • Crochetluvr
    Good Evening all!

I got in 7,300 steps today! Got a friend to go for a walk with me and my dog, because we ALL needed one. It was a great day for it. Then we went to a used furniture store nearby which is HUGE and walked around there to find me a cabinet. Found one but out of my price range....sniff, sniff. But it was more steps walked.

Needless to say, it was a busy day for me, I didn't get to make the meatballs. Tomorrow for SURE! But I got the fresh parmesan cheese and parsley, milk, and eggs for them. I will brown them and cook them with the sauce, then put them away till Friday....they always taste better the next day.

Lana, I never get cute delivery guys....lucky! :D

Sara, I had to take my anxiety meds last night before bed, but I slept great. I only take them when I really need them. They make me very thirsty.

Till next time....

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

My nap after work was short, so I had the soup I didnt have last night. More of a chicken/vegetable and no wontons (which is probably for the best anyways).

I am being domestic - I checked no high fever today hahaha- so at least I am nipping away at the things that irritate me at home.

Lana!!! You saw a potential Cboy!!! I am so jealous. Glad you got your rug.

• LanaCabana537
    d8tv2s0oujpl.jpeg
    *** April 6 ***

Good morning all~~

Yesterday's dishwasher delivery/install went badly. A rather surly, though nice-looking, install guy came with the new dishwasher (though not CBoy material).

He removed the old one to find an electrical box that would not allow for the install of the new machine. Box was physically in the way. The old machine had a cavity in it for the box to fit in I guess.

So he left me a phone number to call to schedule another install appointment after I have taken care of the problem, presumably with a handyman.
    The new machine is sitting smack dab in the middle of my kitchen.

I went to Lowes, bought some tools, and took care of the problem myself. I called for a new appointment, but have not heard back from them. Gah.

If you read all that, bless you.

Lana

269.2 dang
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Lana points for you for fixing the issue. That guy was about as helpful as cement boots. Keep calling until you get that apt.

Our Dept meeting went well, except manager had to tell us that if we do not do well the next 3 months we will not be considered for a bonus. Hard enough to live on what we make, so I offered the ladies in my dept (one man is out of office today) - to make cookies if we get to business and get the chance at bonuses. I know that I could be baking up a storm, but I needed to offer something to make them want to work better.

Tomorrow is Friday and that makes me happy.

• Crochetluvr
    Good afternoon!

Made my meatballs yesterday...will be having spaghetti and meatballs with a friend tonight.

My ex...sometimes I have to scratch my head. He invites me to Easter dinner (my daughter will be there) and asks if I could make something. I ask him what and he says how about the Impossible Cheesecake I always used to make, so I agreed. He bought me some of the ingredients (I already had the rest) and dropped them off. Then he asks if I could use a rump roast...seems his sister, who lives with him, bought one and he bought one and he doesn't need 2, so I say ok, and he drops that off (why he couldn't just put it in his freezer, I have no idea). Then this morning he says he has some groceries for me and drops off a bag. In it is a box of Bisquick, 2 packs of cream cheese, a bottle of vanilla and 2 square disposable aluminum cake pans. He tells me to use it to make a cheesecake for myself. I mean, I appreciate the gesture, but I am diabetic, not to mention I know I won't use the Bisquick because I have plenty and I won't use the cake pans either. I will keep the vanilla and the cream cheese. TBH, I know he thinks he is being generous, but I could use the MONEY more than the odd baking item. And I could go into how he has it all and I have been one step from the streets since my divorce, but that's a WHOLE other story that I try to forget.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a very nice holiday weekend! Enjoy!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Crochetluvr- roast? oh the things you can make with it. Your ex should meet my step mother (except she is still married to my father). She suggests I eat out more. I am also in a financially challenged chapter of my life. A rubber mallet whack on the head for both of them.

Lana - With any luck you have your dishwasher installed and your new rug is hypnotizing as you enjoy your Easter candy.

I bought 3 units of cookies last night. Note to self do NOT order food to be delivered the next day if it is after 10pm.

Wishing everyone a wonderful night and weekend. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    sjtzjztoncee.jpg
    *** April 8 ***

Hello All~~

Another rainy day here...... blech....

Sara - I haven't gotten any candy. I did look, but the prices were too much for what you get, so for now, I will stick with my bag of chocolate chips from the baking aisle. 😁

Crochetluvr - sorry that XDH is a dolt. I hope that you have a nice dinner tomorrow!

The dishwasher continues to play the roll of a kitchen island in the middle of my kitchen. Too long and dull a story.....

Time for lunch~~

Lana

268.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Strange how time goes by knitting at the hair salon.

Sunshine today which is a kind difference. Allergies with trees bloom are delightful - sarcastic moment.