Let me know you a little better

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited April 2023
    When broadcast radio was a real & viable thing & everyone had a preferred radio station, I loved to hear my favorite songs come on even if I owned the recordings & could listen to them whenever. I knew that when a song came on WAPP or WNEW or WPLJ that thousands, maybe millions of other people were listening to the same thing at the same time as me and there was a kinship. It made me feel not alone.

It’s like looking at the moon and knowing that other people are seeing the same moon. It’s a unifying experience. There aren’t too many of those lately.
  • _mytime_
    _mytime_ Posts: 27 Member
    When out walking my dog in the park i know more of the other dogs names than i know their owners names!
  • Rotavele_
    Rotavele_ Posts: 260 Member
    I don't like people who use race, age,sex,or anything else as a crutch or advantage.

A few days ago an old lady tried kipping like 8 of us in line and she said she's old so she shouldn't have to wait in the line. I asked her for how Many years has she had to wait in line and she responded all my life. I said waiting in another line isn't gonna kill you and then I paid for my stuff. 😉👍🖕👵
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited April 2023
    Rotavele_ wrote: »
    I don't like people who use race, age,sex,or anything else as a crutch or advantage.

A few days ago an old lady tried kipping like 8 of us in line and she said she's old so she shouldn't have to wait in the line. I asked her for how Many years has she had to wait in line and she responded all my life. I said waiting in another line isn't gonna kill you and then I paid for my stuff. 😉👍🖕👵

When you say “old lady” how old are you talking?
    I’m old, don’t expect anything from people except simple respect.
    I guess I’m thinking maybe it wasn’t her age so much as she was just a rude b****.
  • TwitchyMagee

Says the young, white, able-bodied man.

I don’t like when people take advantage either. But I will make allowances for people who need it
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,870 Member
    I'm an old lady. The day I retired I automatically went to the back of the line. I remember all too well standing in line, checking my watch nervously, deciding whether I had time to wait or whether to just drop my stuff and run to make it on time. I can't do a lot of things as well as I used to, but I've gotten really good at waiting.
  • Rotavele_
    Relax people she was like 107 and I wasn't the only one who was annoyed by her. She was huffing and puffing the entire time bitching a out everything from the girl at the counter not being smart enough to ring groceries up to the guy that apparently was giving her dog evil looks . She would have talked back to me I would have purple nurpled her
  • Rotavele_

I don’t like when people take advantage either. But I will make allowances for people who need it

Able-bodied lol Haha, I'm made of glass!!! I should have a bubble around me.
  • honey_honey_12
    Oh, she was only around 107!
    🤣🤣😂😂🤣😂🤣😂
  • TwitchyMagee

I apologize for the assumption
  • Rotavele_
    edited April 2023

I apologize for the assumption

You should be more sensitive to others but apology accepted 🤗 💋
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Lol If She was 107 I think she has the right to be as bitchy as she wants to be. God knows she seen enough B/S in her life 🤣🤣
  • honey_honey_12
    I hope I live to 100.
    I understand now why people over the age of 80 seem to have less patience for stupidity.
    It’s because they’ve seen so much of it during their lifetime and by 80 it’s enough already!
  • honey_honey_12
    xnrnsz9tdqv4.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    edited April 2023
    I have a short fuse when it comes to b.s.
    Life is too short to be anything other than honest and straight forward.
    Once you notice it’s not years but decades rolling by, time becomes obviously precious.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,504 Member
    I went 10 years without eating McDonald's
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I was an entomologist for 33 years of my working career
  • TwitchyMagee
    I was an entomologist for 33 years of my working career

Is that the bug one or the word one?