WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    [quote="exermom;c-47510538"

Debbie – sometimes you just need a day when you have something that tastes good regardless of the calories. As you know, if you don’t, you’ll always be craving it.

Off to watch some TV

Michele NC[/quote]

went and walked with my friend for 90 min so not as much guilt and had a great chat while we walked.
    Came home and had a side salad (then a piece of jerky and a mini brownie). Now sweet and spicy tea-0 calories. 1299 cal for the day instead of my 1000-1100 but 600 under what MFP says I can have for the day so that is ok. Tomorrow I will be back on track
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,867 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – I do use eye makeup but never had a problem until recently. Who knows?

Michele NC
    Michele - I’ve read that a blocked oil gland can cause sty’s.

Tracey in Edmonton

Old makeup (more than 3 months old) or wearing makeup overnight are possible causes of styes.

• Machka9
    Options
    Beaches I've been to:
    Key West, Key Largo, Sarasota, Destin, Miami all in Florida

Catalina island, San Diego, Monterey in California

St Lucia and St Maarten

Waikiki in Hawaii

Cabo San Lucas in Mexico

Henlopen Rehoboth and Lewes in Delaware

Duck through to Ocracoke and Beaufort and Wilmington in North Carolina

Oh and the Jersey shore as a child - Avalon

There, that boosted my mood. What beaches have you all been to?

Annie in Delaware

Beaches ... in roughly the order from when I was little till now.

Some beach near San Jose.

Sylvan Lake, Alberta.

A beach just south of Vancouver.

Several beaches in Manitoba ... I can't get the map up just now to give them names.

Beaches all along the west coast of France.

A number of beaches in the UK.

Beaches along the Rhine.

Quite a few beaches up the west coast of the US and a few on the east coast.

A beach in Japan.

Beaches in Taiwan.

And a whole bunch of beaches in Australia, including, of course, the one less than 1 km from where I live.

:)

M in Oz

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »

Kylia “time to leave my frustrations in the living room and get some sleep.” Does that mean your DH is in the living room? :laugh:
    Actually , that was a good guess, but he was in his man cave-LOL! Work stuffs and him though! :)

DC I have lived many places, but DC area is still home to me. My DH doesn't understand since he has never lived anywhere but Ohio (pretty much the same 30 mile radius) and I have now lived here since 87. But MD, VA, and DC are still home in my heart.

HeatherUK I want to feel that joy and delight.....I am better at it now than I have been the past few years. I do find delight in wildlife, cars, and flowers. I try to look for something to bring me joy and delight when the grey starts to take over.

Good Friday,
    So I did get the "home" paperwork sorted, trashed and shredded, now to take care of the need to do part of it. Clutter I am lucky that my DH doesn't "clutter". His things go in specific spots at all times (even before he was blind). He likes his things out though which can drive me crazy. I have to declutter my stuff often especially paperwork. I prefer out of sight out of mind ;)
    Wednesday night was another all nighter. Work stuffs. Am still behind, but at least all the invoices are once again done. Registrations and warranties will get done this weekend. Needless to say I was in bed at 7 last night. I was great yesterday until about 3, then it was hard to stay awake. I have been enjoying "Outlander" while working.

Aubrey's cardiac cath went really well! Her left lung was only doing about 25% of the work. The doctors "blew out" the stent and her stats immediately improved. They saw a lot less of the PVS disease evidence which is a miracle! She doesn't go back to Boston for 3 years unless something changes! Thank you all for your prayers!

7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good. I ate really healthy and felt great most of day!
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share. I sing along to the radio at work when I can.

Need to get ready for work!

Hugs!
    Prayers!
    Congratulations!
    Welcomes!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies- I meant to post this yesterday. :)

Rosemarie - glad you went for the antibiotic! These animal bites can escalate quickly - funny this one took a long time, but you never know. This reminds me I need to get another tetanus shot, it has been well over ten years.

Allie - ouch - that's some bruise!. Did you ice your hand?

Good for you getting the cleaning done. As Rori said, according to Feng Shui, clutter saps our energy and I know that's right. And I'm like Katiebug - I save the cleaner for the deep down stuff I can't seem to get to like total house vacuuming, mopping, dusting. The daily stuff and even spot cleaning/mopping/toilets I can do. Collette gets a workout at my house. I know she has elderly clients where she also does laundry, fridge and freezer cleanout, cupboard organizing. I think it might have been more that they have someone coming in to check on them once a week than the actual work involved. She's a sweetie.

Ginny - I also love my early morning walks. When I was out at 5:30 this morning, I thought... I'm not really alone. I have the birds, the flowers, the morning sounds. As I've mentioned before, I'm out there with the "planning committee" in my head as well. :p

Kylia
    - great news on Aubrey!!

The auction house guy came yesterday. I'm going to go with them. He said the drums and musical instruments won't take a lot of time to research (an expense deducted from the proceeds) since DH had most of them labeled. I probably won't make a lot of money but I will have my space back and everything will be going to new homes one way or another.

Some surprise rain today. Doesn't look like much, enough to clear the air and settle the dust. There are fires burning in east county - not unusual. There probably won't be enough rain to put them out but everything helps.

Sending good thoughts to those of you on the east coast experiencing the heavy smoke.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I slept well last night except for the crazy dog waking me up like 3 times.. but i went right back to sleep ..
    Beaches- I love the beach its my happy place..ive been blessed to visit alot.. Hampton Beach,N.H.
    Actually all of the N.H. beaches
    Wells Beach,Maine
    Siesta Key,Fla
    Ft Meyers Beach,Fla
    Key West ,Fla
    Englewood Beach,Fla
    Bowman Beach,Fla
    Puget sound ,Wa
    San Diego,Ca.
    St Marteen
    St Kitts
    St Lucia
    Meagans Bay ,St Thomas
    Roatan ,Honduras
    Barbados
    San Juan, P.R
    Cozumel,Mexico
    And this summer
    St croix
    Tortola
    And Coco Cay
    Well I will have the 30th through the 4th off from watching Miles will talk to my brother and see if I can go up to the lake or wherever he will be with Alfie..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Debbie your chocolate delights inspired me to make mounds bites. I had left over coconut from some bars I like to make and a can a sweetened condensed milk in cupboard long enough and chocolate to cover. Love coconut. One was delicious and satisfied my sweet tooth. YUM!
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I love the beaches of the Oregon Coast, and miss them. I haven’t seen a beach in Illinois since coming here. I’d like to see the great lakes. ⭐️
  • Machka9
    Options
    Joy1580vb wrote: »
    Good morning, ladies.

Heather, I love your ballerina!

Saw on the news last night that President Biden is sending more firefighting help to Canada as requested from our Prime Minister. This smoke is having such a detrimental impact on so many. I read that it will soon reach Norway! Another hazy day so not planning on spending much time outside. Will be going to the garden to water my tomatoes and maybe pull a few weeds. Have it pretty much under control. Another hot day with temps reaching +31C. Glad we put in air conditioning a few years ago.

As for beaches, I have travelled quite a bit and have seen many. I think the nicest would be Bermuda....pink sand and turquoise water....absolutely stunning.

Enjoy your day, ladies.

Joy

Tasmania has sent a number of fire fighters to Canada too.

Hopefully it all helps.

M in Oz