WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, I am soooo pleased to hear that! I know you were holding your breath... Might it be possible to visit Japan for you and your chief? I know it's a reach, but I know you have good memories of that time.

Lisa-ETC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,491 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Rebecca that's great news that your son has a post he'll enjoy and you get to stay in your place 😀 [/quote

Definitely some major stress off my plate.👍🏼💖🙃
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Michelle-I keep water with me. I think in the afternoon at work (before I went) I slowed down drinking and then standing on the asphalt next to the running cars I didn't realize how much it was getting to me. Told my kids about it-they want me hitting a bottle of body armor lyte everyday along with my regular. I also eat relatively low sodium, so need to keep eye on that in heat.
    Rebecca-good news about son's assignment! That sounds like a win for all of you. Love the beach shots.

Ginny in Ohio

Its a relief for sure. My middle son said something about coming in Feb to visit his brother plus see our home that they haven't seen since 2019.💖👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Allie sorry to hear you are sick. Take care!

Rebecca I love Athena's hair! They look to be having a great time. And Japan is excellent news!

Darn it. I'm back to impulse eating chocolate. But I can quit!

Annie in Delaware

Her hair is still in her face, but hey that is a 4 yr old for ya.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Rebecca, I am soooo pleased to hear that! I know you were holding your breath... Might it be possible to visit Japan for you and your chief? I know it's a reach, but I know you have good memories of that time.

Lisa-ETC

Yes maybe! I would love to visit, plus he's in an area more down south, so not the same area that we are both familiar with. Maybe MAC flight it? Attend his retirement ceremony?
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Today I ate 1176 calories, Yay! The number isn't bad, but I regret the impulse eating of chocolate covered raisins. I did thirty two minutes on my bike because I didn't start the timer. I did my dumbbell routine. Yay for being back to my exercise program! My calorie deficit today is 428, Yay!

It's day 37 of my sister challenge. She arrives Monday, so I will weigh in then. And measure. Although it's going to be a very busy day for me!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,591 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Rebecca – how wonderful that you get to stay there! I’m so happy for you

Went to church, had dinner, am doing a load of laundry (exciting, huh?), then took a walk around the block. I don’t do an aerobic walk, just a leisurely one to check out all the sites (but they’re always the same old ones….)

Ginny – glad you keep water handy

Off to take a short shower. I sweat on my walk. Then probably bed.

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Rebecca – how wonderful that you get to stay there! I’m so happy for you

Went to church, had dinner, am doing a load of laundry (exciting, huh?), then took a walk around the block. I don’t do an aerobic walk, just a leisurely one to check out all the sites (but they’re always the same old ones….)

Ginny – glad you keep water handy

Off to take a short shower. I sweat on my walk. Then probably bed.

Michele NC

Yep! 💖👍🏼Part of me needs to stay here, so youngest son can find us one day. Its a silly fright but that's where my mind goes to.😥💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,955 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    OH, KJ - I wanted to ask you if you have any ideas for a toy that we can give to PJ? He seems to like "active" things (like he likes the trampoline we gave him and the slide). They don't have a lot of room. I suggested a punching bag but Vince doesn't think that'd be a good idea. He thinks it encourages violence. I then suggested this stomp missle thing but he said (which is probably true) that the missles would probably wind up on someone's roof. Any ideas?

Michele NC

How old is he?

Lego!

Also look up learning and educational toys.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    DH and I have been discussing for some time a way of going to see his daughter in France, without it being a pain. She lives in a tiny village in the hills of the South West. We are past driving all that way. Used to always drive!
    He has been saying he doesn't want to fly, but trains, or boats seem a lot of hassle and take ages.
    Today he said that he thought the best way would be to fly!
    Our nearest airport flies to a couple of places from which we could take the train to her nearest big town/city, Narbonne. I looked online and we could fly to Lyon, which is some way away, but it has a train from there and it is somewhere we have been wanting to visit for some time, so we could make a proper holiday of it. Probably best to come back via Toulouse.
    So, he has put out feelers to her re dates.
    I am surprised, but pleased that he is thinking about it. I have been seeding the ground for some time! I think he ought to visit her at least once.
    So, plans afoot! :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

You might need to rethink that, although it may still be possible to fly in and out from the UK.

It's official: France bans short-haul domestic flights in favour of train travel
    https://www.euronews.com/green/2022/12/02/is-france-banning-private-jets-everything-we-know-from-a-week-of-green-transport-proposals

M in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Rebecca: Can you hear me cheering? So happy to hear your housing is secure for another few years and your DS will have an interesting post. Yay!

Lisa: Can feel your increased mojo popping off the screen. And your baked goods make me dearly wish we lived closer. Much closer -- like across the street.

Ginny: Scary! Glad episode was not worse, and you are treating it as a wake up call. You got this, strong lady!

Lanette: Was it you who inquired if I still have my tenant? I do. We are closing in on a year of him living here, and it's been a blessing for both of us. Your chicks are so darn cute.

Annie
    : Enjoy the time with your sister. I hope she will give you a respite from parent care. You deserve a day of rest and/or pampering.

Today I worked at 5:00 AM scanning tickets for attendees coming for a yoga class in the Red Rocks Ampitheatre. I loved being up there to see the sunrise and mingle with people who go to this event as a special healthy treat. By contrast, tomorrow I will work backstage at the concert for rapper 50 Cent. This part-time job gives me such variety. And, I can also credit my job for how I came to meet a nice guy who continues to text and call and give every indication that we will be meeting again soon. Life is good!

Okay ladies. Step into your power and shine. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Thanks friend, me too. I am glad he's ending his Navy career in a place he'll enjoy. 💖👍🏼 He'll not be working with helicopters but with jets, so he'll be on carriers which is its own brand of chaos, but he'll manage. ⚓
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    This part-time job gives me such variety. And, I can also credit my job for how I came to meet a nice guy who continues to text and call and give every indication that we will be meeting again soon. Life is good!

Okay ladies. Step into your power and shine. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

:)

• Machka9
    Options
    I'm lagging behind a bit in the Strava Walking Challenge because of my knee ...

yg4nvqaohni7.png

Machka in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,067 Member
    Options
    :heart: