Happy anniversary @Mari33a 🎉
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,826 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    01.08 Tue 18°C 2.1km 20min 9:30/km
    03.08 Tue 19°C 5.2km 47min 8:57/km

7.32km/no goal - 7.32km ahead

Hey, look at this! To be honest, these were dummy intervals: run as far as I could, then walk. Basically, I ran about 3/5 of the time. Which is more than half of it. Ehm.. maximum HR: 194 :D I guess I'm not really fit at the moment :D
    Did physio today as well and got my HR up to 185 when doing mountain climbers, and then a pilates pull up an incline on a rollerboard kind of thing :D

@yirara I think some of us naturally run HOT. My heart rate will go up into the 190s and also be consistently in the 180's if I am trying to run faster. As long as I don't feel like puking or like I am in trouble I don't pay too much worry to it. I wish it was a sign of conditioning but I think after 50 years of running my HR is always going to run high. I actually put an alarm on my watch for 195 which has gone off once or twice in the past few months. Summer is hard. Dew point makes it harder than we know.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Happy Anniversary @Mari33a ... yes the word strangle comes to mind when I think of my spouse too ;)

@Scott6255 ... Hahahahahahahaha

Coming upto 17 years for me this year.

That famous movie quote "Marriage is life an unfunny episode of Everybody Loves Raymond - only it doesnt last for 22 minutes; it lasts forever "
    😂

*LIKE (not life)
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    My heart rate will go up into the 190s and also be consistently in the 180's if I am trying to run faster. As long as I don't feel like puking or like I am in trouble I don't pay too much worry to it. I wish it was a sign of conditioning but I think after 50 years of running my HR is always going to run high. I actually put an alarm on my watch for 195 which has gone off once or twice in the past few months.

I have an outsized chest cavity and generally low BP and HR. Also, I'm old and obese. Yesterday while doing "Goal Pace" intervals on the burning hot track I only got up to a max 147, ave 129.

Human variation is weird.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,426 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    01.08 Tue 18°C 2.1km 20min 9:30/km
    03.08 Tue 19°C 5.2km 47min 8:57/km

7.32km/no goal - 7.32km ahead

Hey, look at this! To be honest, these were dummy intervals: run as far as I could, then walk. Basically, I ran about 3/5 of the time. Which is more than half of it. Ehm.. maximum HR: 194 :D I guess I'm not really fit at the moment :D
    Did physio today as well and got my HR up to 185 when doing mountain climbers, and then a pilates pull up an incline on a rollerboard kind of thing :D

@yirara I think some of us naturally run HOT. My heart rate will go up into the 190s and also be consistently in the 180's if I am trying to run faster. As long as I don't feel like puking or like I am in trouble I don't pay too much worry to it. I wish it was a sign of conditioning but I think after 50 years of running my HR is always going to run high. I actually put an alarm on my watch for 195 which has gone off once or twice in the past few months. Summer is hard. Dew point makes it harder than we know.

Oh yes, I know I won't faint with such a high HR. It's just normal for me. Well, when I'm fitter than now (didn't run since early December when I had a big accident) my HR is around 170-175ish at this pace and will get into the high 180s when doing a sprint near the end. Not worried. I'll get fitter again. I'm just super amused by the numbers. I showed my physio my HR when doing mountain climbers during my therapy today and he was like :o
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Mari33a wrote: »
    We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on Tuesday. It feels strangle and exciting

Freudian slip there @Mari33a :smiley:

Many congratulations to you both as well!

I had the same thought when I saw that typo too!! 😂😂😂😂

Happy Anniversary!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    My heart rate will go up into the 190s and also be consistently in the 180's if I am trying to run faster. As long as I don't feel like puking or like I am in trouble I don't pay too much worry to it. I wish it was a sign of conditioning but I think after 50 years of running my HR is always going to run high. I actually put an alarm on my watch for 195 which has gone off once or twice in the past few months.

I have an outsized chest cavity and generally low BP and HR. Also, I'm old and obese. Yesterday while doing "Goal Pace" intervals on the burning hot track I only got up to a max 147, ave 129.

Human variation is weird.

@chris_in_cal - I think I have a normal chest cavity but also have a very low HR, been that way since I was much younger and the reason for my pacemaker. It got to the point that my HR was barely hitting 120 max when I ran so the PM is designed to not allow the HR to go too low but to also help when my HR needs to keep up with my exertion level. I could never get my HR up to 150 on the treadmill stress tests and on the recent chemical stress test, supposedly better than on the treadmill, it only got to 87. I suspect with the chemical test the PM saw no reason to boost my HR.
    My blood pressure also tends to be very low as well, except when I go to the doctor's office 😂.

@AlphaHowls - Love Wander Over Wander! He looks like he could be a good running partner if you can borrow him sometimes!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls The stings hurt like crazy. Upon closer inspection, I think I had 4 or 5 stings on my ankle and one on my back. My ankle was still a little swollen today, but not bad. I've never used Ban, but have used vinegar before. Love the new pets! I hope your back is feeling better.

Congrats @kgirlhart ! Great running.

Great treadmill run @martaindale . I'm still a sweaty mess, even when I run on the treadmill.

Glad you enjoyed the intervals @chris_in_cal !

Great running @tarun_yadavA !

You're doing great @knotmel ! Love the comparison to when you first started running. Things sure have changed!

@Mari33a Great running and congratulations on your 25th anniversary! Enjoy your vacation!

Great intervals @yirara !

I love it when that happens @Scott6255 ! Well 7 miles accidently has NEVER happened, but an extra half mile has. :lol:

Welcome @Leigh_b ! I know it is hard, but try to not compare yourself to what you were 4 years ago. If you must do any comparison, compare today to last week, or last month. It's the improvements now that count and the consistency. You can do it and we are here to help. You have found a wonderfully supportive group, which can move fast sometimes.