WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,926 Member
    Options
    2023 Self-Care September 2023

Word of the year: appreciate. Today I appreciate wild plants and flowers.
    Meditation: daily. 4/30 0(82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 5/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) 0/8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min 1/20

Rita
    Stop B12
    Switch DHEA to every other day on sept 6
    Kev
    Add folic acid, once a day
    Add magnesium to 3x a day
    Up Berberine to 3x a day

Foods to avoid:

Barley
    Bell peppers
    Chicken
    Clam
    Egg white
    Eggplant
    Ginger
    Rye
    Wheat
    Winter squash

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5784, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 —(800%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 182/208—(733%) should be 172 by October 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)72/94 (800%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4 (500%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 4/23 (681%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 34/12 (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 8/12—(900%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (900%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,(500%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Find time for self-care. It’s not selfish. It’s essential. Making time!
    2. Notice the things you do well, however small. I will. Talking to campers, meeting dogs, electronics.
    3. Let go of self-criticism and speak to yourself kindly. I will try!
    4. Plan a fun or relaxing activity and make time for it. Did this already! Went for a long walk this morning.
    5. Forgive yourself when things go wrong. Everyone makes mistakes. This will be hard because I tend to blame myself for everything.
    6. Focus on the basics: eat well, exercise, and go to bed on time. Will Do!
    7. Give yourself permission to say ‘no’..
    8. Be willing to share how you feel and and ask for help when needed.
    9. Aim to be good enough, rather than perfect.
    10. When you find things hard, remember it’s ok to not be ok.
    11. Make time to do something you really enjoy.
    12. Get active outside and give your mind and body a natural boost.
    13. Be as kind to yourself as you would to a loved one.
    14. If you’re busy, allow yourself to pause and take a break.
    15. Find a caring calming phrase to use when you feel low.
    16. Leave positive messages for yourself to see regularly.
    17. No plans day. Make time to slow down and be kind to yourself.
    18. Ask a trusted friends to tell you what strengths they see in you.
    19. Notice what you are feeling without any judgement.
    20. Enjoy photos from a time with happy memories.
    21. Don’t compare how you feel inside to how others appear outside.
    22. Take your time. Make space to just breathe and be still.
    23. Let go of other people’s expectations of you.
    24. Accept yourself and remember that your are worthy of love.
    25. Avoid saying ‘I should’ and make time to do nothing.
    26. Find a new way to use one of your strengths or talents.
    27. Free up time by canceling any unnecessary plans.
    28. Choose to see your mistakes as steps to help you learn.
    29. Write down 3 things you appreciate about yourself.
    30. Remind yourself you are enough, just as you are.

RVRita in Roswell, NM
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,926 Member
    Options
    Rita - the Flying Saucer Party and events are coming up again the weekend of Sept 23rd. Do you think any of your "neighbors" would like to swoop in after circling Mt. Rainier and make an appearance? If so, why not see if you can hitch a ride and I'll grab you and take you out to healthy lunch. :p

Betsy - I hope your sis has good trips to San Francisco and back up to Alaska. Your Y sounds like a wonderful place. My gym has the Silver Sneakers program, and from what I hear there are many regulars that make it a social event and they even have snacks and pot lucks from time to time. B) For those of us that live a bit (or a lot) north of the 45 parallel, we'll soon have short rainy days and going to gyms or using equipment might be our only opportunity to safely exercise. The social aspect is icing on the cake, for sure.

Those group classes at my gym have been moved to later in the morning which doesn't fit for me right now. I might change my mind once fall gets here. ;)

Barbie - so glad the ice is helping Jake. I'm sure he is frustrated by this and especially, now that Bodhi's training is underway, he has to sit on the sidelines. :( Sending heaps of patience for you, Jake, Bessie and Bodhi!

Stopped by the car repair place yesterday, they took a quick look under the hood - all fluid levels look OK and the engine oil leak is still teensy and should stay that way for a long time. Crossing fingers. :)

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Lanette, that sounds like so much fun! Both the Flying Saucer Party and the ride to visit you! LOL. Keep an eye out! I just may jump out at the party and say ‘hey’! 😁👽👾🛸
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options
    I'm cooking this masala pea purée to go with salmon fillets and roasted cauliflower. I haven't cooked the carb bit, but the pea purée is delicious. I will keep some for another day, but it's tempting to eat all of it. I used frozen spinach this time. I use less chilli as DH doesn't like it hot.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/aug/23/the-double-carb-rule-alice-zaslavskys-masala-mushy-peas-with-golden-basmati-and-potatoes-recipe

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

I am heading to the store today to pick up the spices I need but don't have to make tika masala- I had some premade sauce that I used with chicken and new potatoes but want to try making my own sauce.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,661 Member
    Options
    Lanette - I hope you know how much we appreciate your information, and all your shared experiences as you have made your way through the journey of these last few years. From your chickens to your Subaru, and all the other information you've supplied in between, I learn so much from you, and am so glad you're here with us.

Rebecca - That's just lovely. I just sent the text of it to Kelsey over email, so if she feels Haley really is ready, she can give it to her, I hope you don't mind.
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Well kids, I am happy to announce that we are officially debt free! We made the final payment today to pay off the car. Instead of paying the normal monthly payment, he was paying $1000/month. He made the last payment of over $5000 to pay it off. Condo is paid, Bette 4.0 is paid, car is paid, we are done! All we have are the normal monthly bikes like food, utilities, gas, etc!! No more projects to do on the condo for awhile. Exciting

Woohoo, Pip and Kirby! Being debt-free is a terrific accomplishment! Did you know that you swapped the word "bills" for the word "bikes" in your sentence? You're still thinking about that MS ride, aren't you! :smiley:

Good day today... nearly hit 10,000 steps, kept my calories well-within maintenance range and got my lab tests done.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Lolol, yeah the ride is this Saturday!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,661 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Woohoo, Pip and Kirby! Being debt-free is a terrific accomplishment! Did you know that you swapped the word "bills" for the word "bikes" in your sentence? You're still thinking about that MS ride, aren't you! :smiley:

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

She's probably thinking about buying more bicycles. :)

Congrats Pip! Being debt free is great!

M in Oz

Actually, was thinking about buying a new to me bike
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,321 Member
    Options
    I didn't put any sugar in the peas. I never do add sugar to savoury dishes.

Heather UK xxxxxx
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    ❤️

Katla
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,518 Member
    Options
    I did see the house yesterday, but it is by no means finished. Plaster dust everywhere, not painted. Plumbing not finished.
    uakrago0ydfm.jpg
    kwhjyv2ep6nw.jpg
    Kitchen and parental ensuite.
    zpeur4olobt3.jpg
    The girls bathroom.
    95kuljq6l6bb.jpg
    DDIL'S office.
    0yn3qhuocxkh.jpg
    i1szsut9hequ.jpg
    Family area next to kitchen and downstairs loo.
    They have a 'boot and coat room' and a laundry room. It's all still a building site really and I can tell DDIL is stressed out.
    It will be lovely, but it has cost a fortune and they are right out of money.

At least the worst is over!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Its beautiful! Very open, airy and chic.💖👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,518 Member
    Options
    A full morning already. We went shopping at 8am, then headed out to meet up with our garden group at the Walked Garden at Bangor Castle, Our City Hall. (Think Central Park in a very small NewYork). We are having our usual September ‘Indian Summer’. Always happens when the schools restart 😝

Margaret: That resonates so much with me, although my father wasn’t away as he worked in the aircraft industry. They told stories of fleeing into the countryside and hills round Belfast in the night during German bombing raids on the shipyard and aircraft factory. Mom was evacuated for a while with my baby brother. I wasn’t born until after the war ended. I have a picture of my 3 year old self with my older brother on my dressing table. It used to hang above the fireplace in my childhood home.

Barbie: Hoping Jake goes to dr sooner rather than later. He needs proper support for those injuries.
    Heather: Shades of Grand designs 😝 The renos always take longer than anticipated, and cost more. But it will look amazing when it’s completed.

Pip: You must feel ecstatic to be debt free. We paid our mortgage off with DH’s redundancy money. It made such a difference, as he was able to go into a more fulfilling less well paid job without impacting our standard of living.

Ginny: Would pedicure spacers work.

Rebecca: That is the most beautiful letter. It preserves, and enhances the whole idea. I truly believe that most parents would love to have received that letter as children.

🤗 🤗 🤗 and 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻

☘️ Terri

I thought it was a great idea when I cane across it! The fact that it preserves the "magic of Christmas" is what appealed to me. You hear of horror stories of older siblings " ruining it" for their younger siblings. I didn't want that. 💖🤗
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,778 Member
    Options
    Congratulations grandma and grandpa, always wonderful to have brand new babies to add to the family ! Yipee
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :)Rebecca congrats. I know you are all very happy