WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,031 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Tracey – see, taking care of PJ in his house presents a wee bit of a problem. We have no idea of what that city has except for the park we took him to, the movies, and the bowling alley. We know of the ceramics place we go to, but that isn’t a very kid friendly place (well, not a 5 year old). Guess we’ll just have to google places and most likely drive. The closest Chuck E. Cheese that I know of is about an hour away.

Michele NC

Look at it from PJ's perspective. His parents are gone ... and he'd be in a new place if he went to your place. That could be quite traumatic.

Google can help, but there's also nothing wrong with playing with him at home.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    I'm on the plane, but we have a long delay because of an air traffic control strike in France. We also have to go a longer way round. :s

Only slept for an hour last night. Heart racing. Lots of meditation and reading. Got up before the alarm.
    All went well from then on until this delay taking off.
    They asked for one volunteer to give up a seat. Offered another flight, hotel, and £500. They got one! Another young chap was disappointed.
    I'm separated from my handbag at the moment because I had to stow it. Will get it back later, but I hate that.
    Not good at waiting 😕 😞.
    Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxx

Stow in the overhead bins?

I fly with a backpack (which goes into the overhead bins) and a very small handbag with the essentials, which goes under the seat in front of me during take off and landing.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Not much I can do Machka-
    Im allergic to it also..but it doesn't come this way..
    My friends like I told you are safe in Cairo they are on a cruise and all this stuff is going on over there.. they are safe and im sure they will get home safely..keep them in your thoughts though.
    Lisa..hope your ok..you've been quiet.

I'd be contacting the department of health!!

No way would I be putting up with cigarette smoke in/near my home in a situation like yours in this day and age.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    The red lumps and bumps on my cheekbones seem to be easing a bit. That's a step in the right direction.

I hope the worst bit down the right side of my neck would start improving.

It's so itchy and sore at the same time, but I know that scratching would be a very bad idea.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,755 Member
    Options
    Machka- It honestly is not horrible from where I am ,I can just see them out smoking..
    There is already 1 lady flipping out and its far enough where there is no smoke coming near here.
    Just relaxing with Alfie..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Rebecca – love your Scrabble board

Lisa – how old is Haley? She’s beautiful, well, all the kids are

Terri – thank goodness you found your pocketbook! I know that I would really really be upset if mine ever got lost!

At BK they were going to throw away these lids for some sort of plate (plastic). I told them I’d take them to the soup kitchen. If they can’t use them, they can throw them out just as well as BK can.

Went to dinner, had salmon. Jess just left.

Don’t know why, I have a bad case of the munchies right now. Totally forgot to give Jess the coleslaw I made for her and the apple crisp. Oh well……

Michele NC
    who is going to look for the pattern for that tree skirt
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Options
    RoseBred43 wrote: »
    Thankful I found this group. Restarted using MFP but still figuring out all this.
    Rejoined my MFP about 4 days ago at 312 and now down to 309. I have no diagnosed health issues or diseases like high blood pressure or diabetes but it will come if I do not get my obesity under control. I am on no meds. Going through perimenopause which is causing me some issues. Life is pretty good although my teens and adult children cause me anxiety only because I have to learn to let go and just let them learn by mistakes, etc.
    So that is about all for me.
    Rose
    Tasmania, AU

Hi ... I'm also from Tassie. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Yesterday's Bicycle Ride
    poubj11xd7ti.png

Today's Bicycle Ride
    kqhtdw395wc4.png

Machka in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka: I hope the cream works on your face and that you find some relief soon.

Allie: I am impressed you found such help for your father in law! My husband had paid caregivers which was still cheaper than a nursing home but still didn't cover most of the hours in the week.

I have been up since 4am. Last evening my brother and I had a text conversation about the possibility of my mother leaving MA and coming to live with me in GA. I think this would shock her. She is 92. We are friendly but not close. She is a terrific grandmother and a very nice person. I want to be a good daughter but must admit the thought of caregiving again is exhausting. She lives independent right now and is active. I don't think it will happen but am not sure what will happen.

I want to leave town every 3 months while I am still young enough to do so. Maybe this isn't in the cards for me.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

Personally, if I were in your situation, I would prefer to wait a year and then think about it.

If the thought of being a caregiver is exhausting now, it's probably not the right time.

I love going to school, but each time I complete a degree or something, I'm done. I don't want to return to school. The very thought is overwhelming.

But then, about 5 years later, I'm back in school again. I'm ready for it again.

I graduated from my most recent degree in December 2020. I am most definitely not ready to return to school right now. I may never be ready to return to school. But who knows ... perhaps, when university starts up in February 2026, I might be there. We'll see.

Anything big and intense is like that ... including caregiving.

Maybe, after a year or a few years you'll be ready again.

Machka in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,232 Member
    Options
    ☘️