NOVEMBER 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    Today I decided to attempt a half marathon. I hadn’t done one since the actual marathon I ran in September and wanted to test out a hydration belt I just bought

Congratulations on your fitness.

I'm hardcore Princess and the Pea type of guy. I can't imagine I'd figure one of those out. I'm a bit inspired seeing you got it to work.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,076 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @kgirlhart That's a cold run! Totally understand just getting the streak miles and getting back in your warm house!
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    Today I decided to attempt a half marathon. I hadn’t done one since the actual marathon I ran in September and wanted to test out a hydration belt I just bought

Congratulations on your fitness.

I'm hardcore Princess and the Pea type of guy. I can't imagine I'd figure one of those out. I'm a bit inspired seeing you got it to work.

Me too @chris_in_cal! I've tried a couple of hydration belts and couldn't find one that worked for me. I ended up with a vest and I love it!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    PS: @chris_in_cal how was the apple 🍏
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,076 Member
    Options
    I went down the apple variety rabbit hole. Some Guy On The Internet™ said "SweeTango" are the best best best fancy apple.

I've tried those. They're good but imo not the best.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    A couple of months ago I paid my entrance fee for an April 14, 2024 Half Marathon. It's 20 weeks or 140 days from now. So, today I started a Jeff Galloway 20 week training plan. I'm not sure how it'll go, but he's the walk/run guy. I think this is an all running plan. Today was his benchmark day one run.

November Running Goal: 12 runs, 50 miles
    1. Nov 24 - 1.00 mile
    2. Nov 27 - 0.55 mile
    Current: 2 runs, 1.55 miles
    That’s great @chris_in_cal ! Slow and steady. I’ve done his Garmin training sessions before when training for a 5K. Hope you enjoy the training.
  • daria0919
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    Getting gas for the van, spotted some wildlife on the grassy knoll

Hard to see, so zoomed in for ya
    3 Deere on the grassy knoll
    iaa6wiowxb2y.jpg

Crossed 409 miles

Haha!! Those pesky Deere! 😂
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,001 Member
    Options
    @chris_in_cal I didn't know Jeff had "all-running" plans. Good for you for finding a plan you feel you can stick to. You can do it. As you know by now, I love the run/walk plans. I just don't follow Jeff's schedule. He usually has too short of runs for my liking, but I do plan on a run/walk of 3/2 min for my race in Dec. Last year I managed that for 5 miles and then the next couple I ran/walked 2/3, and then whatever I could manage. LOL But, I made it.

:lol::lol:@AlphaHowls !

Great run @martaindale ! The hardest ones are the ones where just getting out the door is tough.

@tarun_yadavA Sorry about the snotty e-mail. Great faster run though. I hope the work thing "works" itself out and you have a good day.

• daria0919
    Options
    Anybody here have experience with a walking pad? I don’t want a full size treadmill, just something that’ll help me get a couple miles in at home as winter sets in for times when I don’t want to walk/run outside or go to the Y and use a treadmill. I’ve been looking online- and, as always, some good reviews and also some complaints on the walking pad models I’ve looked at.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,909 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @daria0919 wrote: »
    Anybody here have experience with a walking pad? I don’t want a full size treadmill, just something that’ll help me get a couple miles in at home as winter sets in for times when I don’t want to walk/run outside or go to the Y and use a treadmill. I’ve been looking online- and, as always, some good reviews and also some complaints on the walking pad models I’ve looked at.

No experience whatsoever. I just do Crazy Laps! Even running/walking in place, use the stairs for my hills. For the 'in place' I do use a thicker carpet piece like you see cashiers use.