NOVEMBER 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the apple review @chris_in_cal. You fulfilled a public service for us all ;)

Nice job getting that pace run in @martaindale when you didn't feel like it. Without fail, every time I go for a run when I'm not feeling it, I never regret it.

Way to get outside in the cold and out of your comfort zone @mnsmov15!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    Options
    Nice running @mnsmov15 . Good for you for braving the cold weather.

@yirara Glad you are feeling better and had a nice, cold run.

You are doing great @Zakkery86 ! You are doing great running when you travel. This group is great for motivation. May I ask what you do for work that "allows" you to travel to so many different places?

Reminds me of the targets they set for bonus'es at work. One year when I was with Tyco they announced the targets AFTER the qtr was over. Durn you missed it. 😳🧐😏
    Hahaha That's just not right. Great running. Nice that you are moving your goal ahead so you still have something to aim for.

Nice running @kgirlhart ! Glad you figured out how to dress today. I'm so sorry about the lost sleeve. Once you have something you like, it's hard to find another to match it.

Great running @Teresa502 . I think once you get used to a treadmill, it isn't too bad. I watch TV so I'm not bored. Game shows that keep my mind occupied trying to come up with the answers is the best for a longer run. What are you going to do tomorrow? It's really supposed to be cold in the morning.

You are doing great @Laurz9191 ! I hope you feel better tomorrow and can go out for that snowy run.

@Mari33a Great job with the rainy run. I don't mind running in the rain if it is warm and I'm already out when it starts. Except I really hate running in wet shoes. LOL I hope the pizza was as good as you were anticipating!

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Great running @Teresa502 . I think once you get used to a treadmill, it isn't too bad. I watch TV so I'm not bored. Game shows that keep my mind occupied trying to come up with the answers is the best for a longer run. What are you going to do tomorrow? It's really supposed to be cold in the morning.

I met another crazy friend at 5:00 am and we ran 5 miles! The temperature was 18F but overall I was dressed warm enough. My legs started getting a little cold towards the last mile so I should have put on an extra layer under my pants. My face also got cold. I have some of the face masks with the eyes and mouth cut out but I have a hard time breathing in them. Just feel suffocated. Plus, i fear looking like a hoodlum at that time of morning!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Less time this morning - but got in 3.75M (09"31 pace).

@Mari33a pizza 🍕 Mmmmm 🤤

Alrighty.... From apples 🍏 to Pizza 🍕...

What's everyone's favourite topping and their least favourite???

I'll go...

Favourite: Mushroom (truffle -type of mushroom!- if a super fancy Italian!)

Least: toss up between Pineapple and Jalapeno

(If Hawaiian has no business on an Italian masterpiece then neither does Tex-Mex!! And I think the Jalapeno just pierces and overpowers any good tomato sauce base!)

Your least favorites are probably mine also. My favorite pizza is a non-traditional: pizza with BBQ sauce base, chicken, red onion and cheese.
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA I would argue that it’s not the topping that matters but the quality of the dough and all the ingredients that makes a good pizza. I think I might be a bit of a pizza snob :(. I’ve had some absolutely awesome freshly made pizzas that each tell a kind of story with their own taste. One of the most surprisingly good pizzas I’ve ever had was a vegan one with hummus instead of tomato sauce. I don’t know how, but that really worked!

I got my snow run in today. I coughed through the first half but then felt good-ish. Parts of the run were really icy and I had to watch my footing carefully.
    yyvf8e68sqyb.jpeg

@Teresa502 Wow! That is cold!!! It was just slightly below freezing here.

I ran 10.3km, bringing my total for November to 172.8/200km.