WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    Options
    Gratitudes:
    Thursday 12/14: Mama, Papa and all the wonderful memories.
    Michele, wow! I’d love to be your neighbor, your displays would tempt me to walk every evening, just for the lightening of spirit.
    Annie ((hugs)) just ((hugs)) So hard to work out the couch vs armchair details of your new normal. Just thankful that your mom agreed to sleep in the hospital bed.
    Tracey I’d love to hear you reading the story with inflections and expressions. Your individuality and creativity will shine through!
    Heather your tea towel (our dish towel) and living room lighting wars sound exactly like ours, but you forgot the squeeze out the kitchen sponge/wring out the dish cloth. Sometimes I’m tempted to slap Joe with the sloppy, sopping things. :naughty: Love the expression “dirt blind.” I’m dust and dog hair blind myself ;) WOW you play so very very well. How would you paint a tea towel? Is there a special, waterproof pigment? Aha you send the image and they print it. Brilliant.
    Machka how ever did you clean the oily tea towels? Joe uses our dishtowels to mop up the grease from the top of the stove. s0959.gif :love: the “not stuff” gifts list.
    Lanette what a blessing you are to Mrs. Roger. Hope she has a cane or a walker that will allow her to start her 15 steps with less fear of falling.
    Kylia 50 dozen?!? Makes me feel less bad about the 4 dozen rum balls, 4 kinds fudge and batch of Matzoh Roca I made. Thankfully gave away more than half, and am doling out the rest to Joe in tiny bits. If I set the whole batch out, he’d eat it all at one go!
    Margaret :love: that “show up for yourself meme. Thank you very much, just what the Dr. ordered.
    Barbie your Christmas Day dinner sounds perfect, especially the dessert ;)
    Lisa :love: yours to Kylia about being kind to ourselves. Thanks, I needed that. Sure miss JanetR.
    Allie sorry for your interrupted sleep, glad you’re not going to pay your respects to that bully’s mom. She should have done better imho. ((hugs))
    Rita so sorry to hear about the aftereffects of your cataract surgery. Hope it was a success and your vision is all better.
    Vicki …”and the memories will last forever.” Great perspective!
    Rori what a special mobile. Share some pics of your crocheted ornaments?
    Rebecca “… travels through a black hole…” at the FPO. :laugh:
    Rosemarie, this is true wisdom “I have decided to do one thing each day for my enjoyment with the energy I have.” And inspiring. Thank you.
    Michele, could you upload the video to YouTube? Accounts are free and you could post the link…
    Through pg 36, but Ack! Past time to get up and get ready for line dance class. Need the steps ;)
    12/13: Move: ZERO sets PT, Jeopardy walking. Steps:7453
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-37, CI<CO net=-80 vits=.5
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, H, both well pets, DDS, Post Office. Wt: 132.3
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    December: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, meditate 3 minutes/day. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked then went to Aldi. Honestly, I thought it would be jam packed. But it wasn’t. Then had to go to Lowe’s Foods for lobster cakes that Vince will eat. Also bought potatoes that we need since they were 10 cents cheaper than WalMart or Food Lion. They weren’t busy either. Then stopped at the Salvation Army. There were a lot of cars there but not that many people in the store. Just got a pair of shorts that I’ll take to the condo

barbie – Vince is the “I might need it” kind. Really, we had a bag of charcoal briquets. We moved them here! I kept saying “if we haven’t used them in 15 years, we probably won’t” “but we might need them” “if we do, then we’ll buy more”. I know that I have too many shirts, but I don’t feel bad buying them at the Salvation Army

pip – which dogs are those

Barbara – yup, walking outside makes me feel so much better. As far as the price of the chocolate chips – I buy them at Aldi. If I got them even at WalMart, they’d be much more expensive. Thanks for the katla update.

Heather – lovely decorations. You would never know that you haven’t sewn in 40 years

Yippee, looks like I’ll get to go for my walk

Loki was scheduled to go to the vet today at 2. Vince changed it to 4 so that he could be sure he would see Dr. Bi. Well, Dr. Bi called in sick today so we’re going to see Dr. B. this should be interesting. We go to the vet at 4 then have Newcomer bowling at 6. I’m going to suggest we have dinner at the bowling alley.

The reason he scheduled the appt is because for one thing Loki is due for his blood work but also because Vince feels he’s been losing weight, not as active, always going into hiding, not eating. He’s concerned that the cancer is getting to him. Personally, I think Vince is being somewhat of a worrywart. I feel “let him by comfortable” Just yesterday Vince said that he feels the same way. So why he wants to absolutely talk to the vet is beyond me. Well...we shall see. At his age, arthritis might very well have something to do with it. It IS colder.

Michele NC

Ours, Chispa is the small beige one and Lucy is the other
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Barbara - Yes, you can get anything printed on a tea towel. Our Brave New World. I'm in love with it, as it is perfect for our decor. The colours are much more vibrant than I anticipated. When I tried to reorder they said they didn't have the image. :#

An old friend sent me an email today. She has so many problems, familiar to so many of you. Close family, physical health, etc etc. I used to be very close to her. She lives in my old university city,- Bristol.
    I hope to re-establish a close connection.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Annie - My condolences. So glad your sister is with you. You are going through such a lot. My support is winging its way over the ocean. <3 One step at a time. Just to get through a day is an achievement. It must feel like a whirlwind. Much love.
    Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Annie: My sympathy on the loss of your Mom. May your Dad and your family find peace.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Anne - my thoughts are with you.

Kim
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Annie- so sorry for your loss. It is a rough time but so glad your sister is there to help you and your dad through all of this.