Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 58min 40sec, 91elev, 3.07ap, 85ahr, 102mhr, 6.12mi= 559c
    Strava app= 749c
    Zwift home spin bike - strava stats- 15.35min, 128elev, 130aw, 20amph, gear30, 104ahr, 141mhr, 5.19mi= 115c
    Strava app = 116c
    Zwift stats- 15.39min, 131elev, 130aw, 55arpm, 19.94amph, 5.20mi= 116c

Total cal 674
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options
    Worked, started to vacuum and it was making this horrible racket. Seems we needed a new actuator so I took it to this vacuum place near here and they sold me a new one. Then stopped at WalMart because the Swiffer we had for some reason was not putting out cleaner so we needed a new one (we had tried cleaning the valves to no help). Then stopped at Ollies to see if I could get more “to/from” tags (since Jess waits until the last minute then had her gifts shipped here, so I’m sure she’s planning to wrap them here. It’s almost like “why bother wrapping on Fri just to open it on Sat” but they didn’t have any so if I see some, I’ll pick them up. Came home, went for my walk around the neighborhood then used the Swiffer.

Barbie – thanks for the reminder to take the things out of the freezer for Christmas Eve. I’ll need to go to Publix, probably tomorrow, for the fish

Annie – dear heart, I’m so very sorry (((BIG HUG)))). You’ve been such a blessing to your mom and dad. Know that there’s a special place in heaven for you (and every other caregiver). I can hardly imagine how your dad is feeling, poor dear heart. So glad your sister was with you. I wish she could stay longer. Be sure to keep up with your horseback riding. You need an outlet. I like Allie’s suggestion of adult daycare. Look into it

Made an appt. to get the root canal on the one tooth. It hasn’t felt “right” in a long time. It hurts when I bite down on something hard, like a raw carrot. I really think I’d just be putting off the inevitable. Better to get it done before we go to FL

Need ideas from people: I always feel that I should have something for people to eat when they come to see the decorations and then come inside to see the trees. Yet, I’m a bit hard pressed for something that I can make ahead of time, maybe kept refrigerated and take out of the refrigerator when I have someone over. Everyone seems to have their fill of cookies for the holidays, so I’m not inclined to have lots of cookies. Any suggestions for something I can make ahead of time and just pull out when we have company? A cheese ball doesn’t really excite me. I’d have cookies for kids but I do think adults would like something more. Cheese cubes dry out. Ideas???????

Rosemarie – good for you getting a few new things!

Allie – great hairdo

Soup kitchen tomorrow. They’re having it at the church next door since they’ll also be giving out toys for the parents to pick up for their kids. Then I’ll probably go to Publix to get the fish for Sat. I probably could have gotten it today while I was up that way at the vacuum place. Since the fish is fresh, I wasn’t sure if I could wait 2 days to cook it. I called and they said that they wouldn’t recommend more than 3 days without cooking it.

Joy – what kind of hors duerves (wrong spelling, I know) are you having?

Michele NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Michele Fruit tray? Veggie tray? Easily refillable. Could offer small cups (paper) to put dip in and hold fruit or veggies. Cheese and crackers. I forget what they are called products wrapped around cheese.

Just ideas. I don't think people expect anything if just visiting to see decorations though ..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options
    Kylia – I should have been more specific. See, I’m looking for something that would be fresh multiple times. Fruit and vegetable trays are typically good for the first time. I’m thinking maybe on the lines of an hors duerve (wrong spelling, I know) that I can bake in advance and then just microwave shortly before the people come (like bacon wrapped whatever. I think pizza bites get mushy in the microwave,). Just going to keep on thinking (and maybe checking the store for ideas)

pip – you take such good care of those babies.

Shower and bed. Nite all

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Kylia – I should have been more specific. See, I’m looking for something that would be fresh multiple times. Fruit and vegetable trays are typically good for the first time. I’m thinking maybe on the lines of an hors duerve (wrong spelling, I know) that I can bake in advance and then just microwave shortly before the people come (like bacon wrapped whatever. I think pizza bites get mushy in the microwave,). Just going to keep on thinking (and maybe checking the store for ideas)

pip – you take such good care of those babies.

Shower and bed. Nite all

Michele NC

I would go with fruit and veg. You'd have a platter out, and several platters lying in wait in the fridge.

But if you want to cook stuff, down here you'd go with spring rolls, party pies and sausage roll bites.

uu2ss8cvwq3l.png
    eltfejbhu9ue.png
    zbnalu56yztv.png

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Annie - I am so sorry on the loss of your Mom. Biggest hugs to you

Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,095 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Machka: I do all of those to relax 😝 except tree-climbing days are over. 😂
    Positive vibes for helpful test results.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Machka: I do all of those to relax 😝 except tree-climbing days are over. 😂
    Positive vibes for helpful test results.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

Tree climbing????!!!!

I haven't climbed a tree in decades!
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA