WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,415 Member
    Options
    After all the baking this morning, was still able to get out and work in the sunroom:
    I was able to work on the insulation while Corey did the wiring. He got his overhead LED lights wired up to the light switch, as well as getting my carriage lamp up and the vent fan installed. He also got the wallboards up that will back his kitchen area, so he will be able to easily hang utensils, or anything else he wants to, on the walls in that area.

I finished the insulation below the eight-foot line, and then helped him get half the ceiling insulated. We'll finish the rest tomorrow, most likely. It really helps to have a six-footer for a husband and a reasonably low ceiling. I would have had to do it from a ladder, but he was able to staple them up to the ceiling joists flat-footed from the floor.

We've decided to put the decision on the flooring off until we get the knotty cedar up on the walls and the ceiling panels up. Any kind of wood grain floor may be simply overwhelming, we just don't know yet.

Lanette - I'm just starting on Jonathan Creek on Britbox, an older mystery series, but with one of my favorite actors in it, Alan Davies. I'll let you know... :smiley:

Corey's in cooking my supper, shrimp stir fry. Smells wonderful. He's got a cold chicken salad to put together for himself, I think.

Later, my dears,
    Love,
    Lisa

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,931 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: Β»
    My brother-in-law passed away early this morning. This was him and his wife last Christmas.
    vatm0mrzad5j.jpg

So sorry!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,203 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: Β»
    Machka: I do all of those to relax 😝 except tree-climbing days are over. πŸ˜‚
    Positive vibes for helpful test results.

Tree climbing????!!!!

I haven't climbed a tree in decades!
    It was on the graphic you posted a couple of days ago. I didn’t think you were actually climbing trees, although I’m sure you could if you wanted to 😝

I got the turkey this morning, cooked it this afternoon. It’s chilling, then tomorrow I will portion it out to take to daughter on Christmas Day.

Almost ready for Christmas 😝

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— and πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ» for those who need them.

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,477 Member
    Options
    The long thin strips I plan to cut them once more, then weave them into pretty colorful bookmarks too.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,477 Member
    Options
    Hugs Carol, my condolences to you!πŸ™πŸ’–
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,931 Member
    Options
    British shows:

- Vicar of Dibley is good - a comedy.

- Jonathan Creek is good - a mystery. I wish they played that one here more often. I might have to get the boxed set.

- Pie in the Sky is good - a mystery. The only thing with it is that I have to really pay attention because I find the plot to be all interwoven and complex at times.

- New Tricks is all right - a mystery. I've watched most of it through once and it's all right, but I don't like it when the characters' lives start being part of the mystery. For example, I stopped watching Bones and the CSIs because it became more about the detectives than the mystery.

- Are You Being Served - a comedy. I wish they would bring that one back, I loved it!!

- Keeping Up Appearances is good - a comedy.

- As Time Goes By is very good - a heartfelt comedy. We watch this one whenever it's on.

- Qi - a funny quiz show with Alan Davies as the contestant who is always there.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to send condolences and hugs to Annie.

Allie-Rest is your friend. Sorry about your fall!

I know others are going through rough times. Sending virtual hugs your way.

I’m trying to catch up, but am at least 10 pages behind.

Tina in CA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,203 Member
    Options
    Machka: Commiserations. Hope it is short lived. Good to be able to breathe easy.

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— and πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ» for those who need them.

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri