WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Carol, so sorry about your BIL. Prayers for all of you.

Annie, I’m so sorry the pastor changed all your plans. I hope you can get it worked out the way you want. Around here, we couldn’t change the time of a service without the funeral home’s approval. I’m giving your father a pass since his wife just died, but he really should have told the pastor there would be no changes without yours and your sister’s input.

Debbie, I don’t know what to say except hugs.

Because I knew the recycling dumpsters would be overflowing with cardboard, I took our stuff and stopped by after church today. Of course, they were pretty much full. Somebody had left a big wad of bubble wrap between the dumpsters. As I was trying to empty my recycling bag, one item at a time, tossing it over the mountain at the front of the opening into the back of the dumpster, I tripped over the bubble wrap, went down and hit the back of my head on the concrete. My bag with all its plastic went flying all over the parking lot. There were two men there - one emptying his own trunk of recyclables and the other apparently hanging about looking for aluminum or something. Neither of them even asked me if I was ok, much less offer to help me up or gather my plastic. Merry Christmas to me! Luckily, except for a small goose bump on the back of my skull, I seem to be okay. I was able to fit all my plastic and cardboard into the dumpster. Dave checked me out when I came home. The back of my pretty blue wool coat was covered in parking lot crud, which I treated all the folks in Publix to seeing when I stopped on the way home from recycling. Oh, well! I don’t have eyes in the back of my head (only a goosebump). Lol.

I'm sorry you fell ... and I would recommend getting that goosebump checked at Emergency.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – what are RATs?

Michele NC

Rapid antigen tests ... RATs ... what we've all been using to check if we've got COVID or not every time we get a scratchy throat or something for the past almost 4 years.

hz01k9y2ppt7.png

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Gratitudes:
    Friday 12/22: safe, dry drive home from County Commissioners’ meeting last night.
    Thursday 12/21: Working washing machine and clothes dryer in our house ;)
    Love hearing about all your Christmas plans, what a wide range! Freddie’s had rib roasts on sale so that’s what we’ll have tomorrow. Will get up early to season and rest the roast, then pop it in the oven. Hope to have it all cooked and ready by 10:30 am which is when Joe likes to eat his “lunch”. Would really like to eat this meal together.
    Rita the 21st was an interesting collection of “days” indeed. Had to google dongzhi, and smile and “short girl appreciation” ;) Fudge and rum balls, have you been in my kitchen this week?
    Vicki safe travels!
    Margaret thankful for your friend’s “infection” not something worse. ((hugs))
    Rosemarie imho the baby blue leather couch sounds lovely and practical with dogs.
    Belated welcome @Spammyamfa and congratulations for taking 79 lbs off. Well done!
    Allie thumbs up for the new ‘do!
    Tracey the snow babies are charming, but yikes, the price$!
    Lisa glad to hear you’ve had a few less-pain days. Could the acupuncture be helping, as well as overdoing less? :love: the puff pastry tree!
    Annie, sad your mom’s church no longer has the volunteers to do funeral receptions. I’m sure she stepped up for many. Think the restaurant ideas is ok, you do not need to be taking on catering tasks at this time. Breathe deep. ((hugs))
    Machka who are the “they” who didn’t tell you about your mom’s incident for several days? I’d be annoyed and saddened too!
    Heather sure hope the dishwasher packets don’t make the brazil nuts smell like soap! :laugh:
    Pip :love the pooches and their holiday duds and all the Christmas pics. ((hugs))
    Lanette “Today was 4 seconds longer. Time to look at the seed catalogs.” :laugh:
    But boy am I grateful we’ve turned the corner.
    Only through pg 51 but making progress. Time to snooze.
    12/21: Move: ZERO sets PT, dogs to powerline, Steps:
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp= CI<CO net= vits=.5
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, M, H, 1 load laundry, Wt:129.9
    12/20: Move: ZERO sets PT, line dance class, Jeopardy walking. Steps:7856
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=46 CI<CO net=654 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, H, checks to M & R, cards to Cubby, Reb and Ren, pack goodies, give to J, mail to CD, post office, BiMart, lunch with T, research County vs WRAR, 1 load laundry. Wt:129.4
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    December: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, meditate 3 minutes/day. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Carol: My sympathy on the loss of your brother in law. The picture from last Christmas is very nice. He seems like a very pleasant person.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    2023 December Kindness

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate family and friends.

Meditation: daily. 18/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%,100,100,83%
    Feeling sick all month. Colitis crap! And eye surgery.

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    5 months SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5907,5777, 4325,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%-84% 5882-)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 (10,00%) 50%
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 229/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change, 100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)99/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2, 173.4, 173.4 (600%) 100%,100%
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 16/23. (681%,100,100,83)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 51/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 12/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—75%
    December met—

1.Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others. Sharing with my MFP friends.
    2. Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are doing. Forgot to do this yesterday. Hope to do it today. I did this on Sunday 12/3.
    3. Offer to help someone who is facing difficulties at the moment. Helped my fellow host in learning what to do in 2 separate incidents with campers.
    4. Support a campaign, cause, or charity you really care about.
    5. Give a gift to someone who is homeless or lonely. Did not do this. No chance to.
    6. Leave a positive message for someone else to find. Did this yesterday.
    7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. I will try. A bit down today. Not feeling well.
    8. Do something helpful for a friend or family member. Will do!
    9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead. I will try to remember.
    10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them. I need to learn to do this more.
    11. But an extra item and donate to a food bank. Did not have a chance to do this today.
    12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love or kindness today.
    13. See how many be people you can smile at today. I didn’t count, but smiled at ask the hospital employees I meet yesterday while getting eye surgery.
    14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one. Will do!
    15. Say hello to your neighbor and brighten their day. Sounds like a plan for today!
    16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you meet today. My goal always!
    17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you. Will do this in my journal. I didn’t do this.
    18. Ask for help and let someone else know the how of giving.
    19. Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated.
    20. Help someone by giving away something you don’t need.
    21. Appreciate kindness and thank people who do things for you. I always thank people for being kind. I appreciate kind people always. [/spoil;er]
    22. Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed. Will do!
    23. Choose to give or receive the gift of forgiveness. I pray for this every day.
    24. Bring joy to others. Share something that made you laugh. 🤪
    25. Treat everyone with kindness including yourself. I try to do this always.
    26. Get outside, pick up litter or do something kind for nature.
    27. Call a relative who is far away to say hello and have a chat.
    28. Be kind to the planet. Eat less meat and use less energy.
    29. Turn off digital devices and really listen to people.
    30. Let someone know how much you appreciated them and why.
    31. Plan some new acts of kindness for 2024.

The results of your personality test are in. Here they are:
    Personality type: Logistician (ISTJ-T)
Traits: Introverted – 69%, Observant – 58%, Thinking – 75%, Judging – 56%, Turbulent – 54%
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Constant Improvement
    Joined MFPL 5/26/2010