WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,068 Member
    Options
    Michelle It is called Field Day extra Virgin Olive Oil cooking spray I got it on sale at a local chain here in Minnesota. When I have used it up I hope I can find it again. I cooked some mushrooms for lunch. It uses air pressure to make the spray. Says no propellants, no chorofluorocarbons on the label.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,987 Member
    Options

Debbie - “Tactical wees”. I’m going to use that the next time I’m out with hubby. It will give him a good laugh.

Tracey in Edmonton

Her other phrase on the show is she needs a "bush wee"
    Have had to do a few of those before-thankfully there were no people anywhere around.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,597 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,955 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

– the one thing I don’t like about audio books is that you can’t go back and relisten to a fact

Michele NC

:) when I get audiobooks from the library (hoopla or Libby) they have a 15 second rewind tab also one that will go back to the beginning of the chapter

<3 Barbie in NW WA 💖

• pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/chispa- 6.39min, 7elev, 86ahr, 99mhr, .36mi= 47c
    Strava app= 44c
    Walk w/yogi and Lucy- 2hrs 16min 23sec, 129elev, 2.93ap, 88ahr, 112mhr, 6.68mi= 611c
    Strava app= 818c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr 38min 48sec, 104aw, 259elev, 19.2amph, gear35, 102ahr, 126mhr, 31.66mi= 492c
    Strava app= 589c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 38min 50sec, 261elev, 104aw, 46arpm, 19.2amph, 31.7mi= 590c

Total cal 1150
  • pipcd34
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Gratitudes:
    01/06- Joe volunteering to start the wood fire without me even asking.
    01/05- ginger ale. :sick:
    01/04- that the tubular incandescent bulbs are still available for my desk lamp.
    Up to 132.7 this morning, could be the sugar in the ginger ale, the sodium in the consommé, the peanut brittle and two pieces of See’s chocolates. . .
    Lanette Thanks for the links (Dr Hong’s walking and brain size, PT Ed DeBoo’s 5 exercises, and Dr. Matt. Pleased and reassured I’m already doing most of the exercises and meeting that low bar walking goal. Now to squeeze in those scapular retractions and (ugh) bridges . .. :laugh:
    Tina good luck finding a gyn who’s been through menopause. IMHO just finding a female gyn would be better than what you’ve had. As for the foot pain, a good PT might have better ideas than that podiatrist… just sayin’ ((hugs))
    Sue great “therapeutic yoga” suggestion to Tina. Worked with a certified yoga therapist years ago and she was very helpful.
    Evelyn Raspberries in January in BC? One of my favorite garden books is “Strawberries in Novenber” outlining the various micro climates in the San Francisco Bay Area.
    Pip (hugs) I had a heckuva time finding our marriage license, turned out it was filed in the county where Joe worked when he got it, not in the county where we were married.
    Ginny good for you for investing the researching time. Your cookware has a big influence on what you eat ;) “Peaceful walk in the snow” best thing about snow ;)
    Michele, yes the treats do work to minimize the pulling, but as you learned, the effect fades when the treats are gone… ;) Wish you could find an Aqua Zumba class, I loved it. Alas there are none here.
    Pip ((hugs)) “Pulled muscle”? Yow! Hope he continues to rest and not make it worse.
    Machka :love: the NY resolutions meme especially the whole second row.
    Welcome @mysoulisskinny and bravissima for 18 minutes!
    Beth like you I’m going to eat from the pantry (and the freezer) for the next few weeks, at least. Hoping to only buy fresh veggies and dairy at least through January, maybe longer. Might have to get creative figuring out how to use some of the bits and bobs in the freezer. . . :laugh: Thanks for the bladder info.
    Rita rejoicing at the good news from your renal MD, and brava to you for the record keeping AND taking the initiative on the kidney diet.
    Vicki really hope your heart doctor has some good suggestions, that’s a crazy high heart rate.
    Debbie “tactical wee” Love this.
    Barbie great news about Jake. ((hugs)) “pee-caution” a real water snorter.
    Simone that is quite a fireplace. Hope you weren’t badly hurt, falls are such shocks.
    Tracy ((hugs)) hope your foot pain eases and the payment shows up soon.
    Lisa Egg and Corey and wet seaweed LOLROTFLMAO.
    Terri so sorry for your losses. Hard time of year. ((hugs))
    Allie seeing that pic of Carmine hugging sMiles made me tear up Happy birthday indeed. ((hugs))
    Reading I love to read, alas to the exclusion of everything else, attending to Joe and the dogs, housework, exercise, etc etc etc. So have to limit reading to just before sleep. Can’t listen to audible books while driving, my concentration shifts to the story and away from the road. Same thing happens if I’m trying to practice a new line dance in my head while driving. Bad idea. Will have to try audibles while doing exercise snacks…
    Dog group got rained out so time for Jeopardy walking, maybe with a little backwards walking snack. . .
    1/5: Move: ZERO sets PT, Azalea Park stroll with D. Steps:7937
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-55, CI<CO net=189, vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, Freddie’s. Wt:132.5
    1/4: Move: ZERO sets PT. Steps:3864.
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-11 CI<CO net=-200! vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, chiropractor, appetizers with T, Post Office. Wt:132.3

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    January: Move more: dailyish PT, play with dogs, more steps than yesterday.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins. more AF days than not.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, dogs, readings, Hebrew, meditation.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.

Yeah, we both lived and worked in Fresno county where we got married so u dunno. We will see
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,742 Member
    Options
    Well the snow has started to.fall,im not worried about getting to much,but luckily I had a neighbor let me use the garage at the last minute..
    Yes that was wonderful to see them and I got a couple hugs.. she won't give us her #,but I have Seth's in case of emergency..
    Tracy all cranky with me because im getting a cat,I said im rescuing a cat ,and it will be a pal for Alfie for when im out..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,955 Member
    Options
    nitaoriol wrote: »
    I hope this is going on the correct thread. I have been off and on MFP for awhile. I'm 51yo and 280.
    I feel I am finally able to take control of my life. New place, new start. Do I want to lose weight? Yes. But I want to be healthier and live longer. Looking to make life long friends to help stay on track.
    Ga girl.

:) Welcome. We are glad you are here. We were all new on this journey and kept coming back. I hope you will tell us more about yourself and join some of the conversations.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,985 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Simone my reading goal for last year was 12 books. I read 52!😳 This year my goal is 20 but have already finished 2 that I had started last year (lol!). I read just about anything. I belong to Prime First Reads and get 1 book a month free (sometimes more like this month) and pick books by their name and cover, so I’ve gotten mystery, romance (I don’t particularly like these- all the same really) Sci-Fi, horror (Think Stephen King), thrillers (think Koontz) biographies, almost anything! Do you belong to the Goodread app? They have book giveaways that authors do, both Kindle and Hardcover. Last year I won 3 Kindle and 1 hardcover from them. I believe it is good to read all sorts of stuff to widen my horizons! LOL Friend me on here (kevrit) with and I will tell you how to friend me and we can compete reading!

Anyone else interested in free books and a book challenge? Just PM me and we can all connect!

RVRita in Roswell, NM

I was on Goodreads all of last year and made my goal of 24 books in their challenge, but saw nothing of free giveaways or anything like that.

Machka in Oz

Goodreads sends emails with the link to the giveaways. They always have choices of books to choose in many different catagories. If you don’t like the book they offer, just don’t register. You need to follow the link they send you in the email then “read” their terms and choose an address to send the book too (unless of course it is a digital book). I will look see where they have me email to send these offers and post here.

RVRita
    It seems I used my email as my user name and have it linked to my Amazon account. This must be why they send me the giveaways.

RVRita

I just get ... "You've finished "this book", what's next?" emails with suggestions.

But I don't have it linked to my Amazon account. Amazon Australia can be rather limited and if I want more variety, I can get stuff from North America or wherever, but then I pay a lot in shipping.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,985 Member
    edited January 7
    Options
    Well, now the comment window came up! Before, I could only "ask a question." Anywho, my name is Luanne, and I am hopeful in joining your community. I have recently (18 months) moved to a small mountain community (altitude 5700, pop 3700) from the beach (pop 125,000) quite a change. Still getting used to it. I am an early retired teacher due to my DHs Cancer diagnosis.

What is this BBCode they keep asking me to include?

BBCodes are entirely optional. "You can use BBCode in your post." if you want ... but you don't have to.

BBCodes provide bold, italics, colour, etc.

[ b ] bold [ / b ] without the spaces is bold
    [ i ] italics [ / i ] without the spaces is italics
    [ color = red ] red [ / color ] without the spaces is red colour
    [ color = #67BD4A ] a colour identified with a hex number[ / color ] without the spaces is another colour

You can find the hex numbers for colours here: https://www.color-hex.com/

Machka in Oz