Guns??

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• n003k
    n003k Posts: 58
    Options
    Willnorton, I agree with you pretty much 100%.

I chose not to personally address the sound the shotgun makes thing, but, I definitely agree with you on what you said about it.

I have my carry permit myself, and, well, I hope to God I never have to use the thing, but, I've come to terms that if I feel the need to draw it, I'm going to be damned well ready to use it, and I have no intent on giving whoever I have to draw it on a chance to disarm me.

Also, just want to say thanks for your service to the community as an Officer, and thanks for your input here. You definitely sound like one of the many 'Good Cops'. Just a shame the good ones are never the ones you see in the news.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    noo3k..

thanks brother...you never get a whole lot of thanks..then or now..

I appreciate people like you..

be safe

Bill
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    Bump
  • HarmonyNLife
    HarmonyNLife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I own a 9MM handgun. My husband and I go to the range to practice every so often. If you are uncomfortable, I would suggest taking firearm safety classes.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    For those who want them, they are great gifts. My girl isnt comfortable with them in the house, so I wont get one ever, but I totally support those who want to. Its your right
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    hey lucky, what kind of gun do you have that will blow a hole the size of a pumpkin.... that would take a very large gun....as a police officer, I know...Im sure you were refering to my comment so just back at you a little....

I have a shotgun. I was 1. speaking colloquially, and 2. referring to a potential exit wound.

that is just silly to try to use the rack as a deterrent .... if you have ever been in a situation where a gun would have to be used (and im sure you havnt) your a@* puckers up and your eyes get tunnel vision and your dont hear hardly anything around you....
    I have been in police shootings and I know what I am talking about from personal experience....

actually I have been in a situation where a gun needed to be used as a deterrent. A criminal was caught, by my mother, crawling through the window of the bedroom where we were sleeping. She was able to retrieve her pistol (loaded and ready to go) from the nightstand and point it in his face. He froze and she was able to call the cops who came and took him away. I was a child, but I like how you ASSumed you knew something about me and my life's experiences. Well done.