In love with flatmate, what to do?

Options

Replies

• Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just tell him if you don't you will regret it.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Bump because I want to know what happens.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I would ask him straight out if he sees you as a friend or more!! If he says a friend then you can save face by saying 'yeah, me too, great isnt it that we get on so well' :bigsmile:

If he says something like 'why you asking?' you could say something like it seems he cares a lot for you the way he packs your lunch etc so you were just wondering.......

Or he could just go silent, then you could say you see him as more than a friend but you're ok if he doesnt!!

I wouldnt just go straight in and say you love him, no way!!

Beware though. This happened to me recently. And all the guy said was "I dont know"!!! lol He fancies me but wouldnt want to lose me as friend, we live too far away from each other and I'm significantly older than him!!

You dont have any of those issues, but perhaps the reason why he hasnt actually made a move is because he is afraid to mess up and lose you as a friend. I dont believe that the 'friend - zone' thing applies here, I have plenty of male friends plus he lives with you so has a lot more to lose by being your lover - both your friendship and his home!!

So, I just reckon you should just casually ask him if he sees you as more than a friend, or not.

Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kelico528
    Options
    I'm bored at work & the suspense is killing me LOL.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Bump! This is better than a movie!
  • cmgehrke
    cmgehrke Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ask him why he does all this nice stuff for you- make him do the talking.
  • sullivann
    sullivann Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Good luck! :D I say tell him. :))
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can find out what happens!

My vote is to tell him. Life is too short to have regrets about wasted moments. Good luck! I'm pulling for you!
  • halfsizeheather
    halfsizeheather Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Hmmm he could look at you as his younger sister and looks after you. You could say if you keep being so darn nice to be I'm going to fall in love with you, Will you be able to handle that? You are safe with this....
    [/quote]

i agree, this sounds like a good way of broaching the topic
  • groovycol
    Options
    I fell in love with my best friend and flatmate 16 years ago. It was very awkward and weird at first to reveal our feelings for each other. I came home one night and she said, "Tonight I want to eat chocolate and drink lots of wine" And that's when I knew we would finally kiss. And we did! And I married her in 2004 <3.

I'm pulling for you!
  • BrooklynBeast
    Options
    You will regret forever if you never make a move and you wind up losing him.
  • SarahBearNZ
    SarahBearNZ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bumping so I can see what happened - best of luck
  • anzabeth
    Options
    Can't wait to hear what happens! Good Luck!
  • mdorman8313
    mdorman8313 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love a good romance.... GOOD LUCK!!!
  • amandampierce
    amandampierce Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good Luck...hope all goes well!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Love this...I say go for it! I made the first move with my husband, we weren't living together...but we were only friends at the time. Please let us know how the night goes!! :flowerforyou:
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    You will regret forever if you never make a move and you wind up losing him.

if she doesnt try... she will have never had him to begin with.
  • cuddlyrunner
    cuddlyrunner Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness, what time is over the pond? I might have to check this first thing in the morning to see if she has updated!
    Got everything crossed for you x
  • RainbowDream83
    Options
    bump to see what happens...
  • Rebroland
    Rebroland Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump :) I'm with the rest - want to see what happens!