ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options

Replies

• FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I am planning on adding TJ too! I just need some more cardio to burn off the fat covering the muscle.

Purple: Me too! Gotta psych myself up though... I am at my last day of work (teacher... been cleaning for 3 days and I think the Cloroz has soaked into my blood! ).

Any of you guys use Beachbody's virtual gym WOWY? It's taking me forever to figure it out and re-vamp my workouts!
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Just finished burn intervals and ab burner, I pushed myself really hard burned 335 calories. I'm not going to run today, but will do it tomorrow after burn circuit 3. Feel really good, but don't want to burn myself out with doing the running right now. Have to cook dinner and get ready for work tomorrow.

Have a good nite :wink:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Question on LEAN phase....
    What is it like? I know the workouts are about 10 minutes longer.... but are they more cardio like?
    I have been trying to rearrange my additional workouts but have no clue what that phase is like (I like to keep it a surprise :laugh: )

Right now I have LEAN Phase workouts piggybacked with either TJ Cardio parties or SI6 Ramp it Up. Not sure if that would be pushing too hard, and burn me out.

Also, the last month.... is that kind of a winding down or still full tilt... cause I did serious piggy backing during that month too. Cardio Parties, SI6, Ab Jam, Slim'n 6 pack....
  • jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options
    The lean phase doesn't have any more cardio. It's really more like the burn phase, working two muscle groups at once. Also it goes back up to 12 reps, but still using the same weight or heavier than you used in the push phase. It's tough. After the first workout, I was so sore it hurt to brush my teeth the next day. I love that feeling!
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    The lean phase doesn't have any more cardio. It's really more like the burn phase, working two muscle groups at once. Also it goes back up to 12 reps, but still using the same weight or heavier than you used in the push phase. It's tough. After the first workout, I was so sore it hurt to brush my teeth the next day. I love that feeling!

Awesome, thanks.
    That will help me plan my additional workouts.
    I am wanting to add on either Tubro Jam or Slim in 6 routines AFTER ChaLEAN, would I be better to shift and do the LONGER workouts with the Push phase or do those with the Lean phase?
  • jamie77
    Options

Awesome, thanks.
    I am wanting to add on either Tubro Jam or Slim in 6 routines AFTER ChaLEAN, would I be better to shift and do the LONGER workouts with the Push phase or do those with the Lean phase?

Well, I just started adding in Turbo Jam with the Lean Phase, because I wasn't happy with the results doing the ChaLEAN program alone. I do the TJ 20 minute workout before the ChaLEAN workouts. Even doing that, I still only burn about 500 calories working out for a little over an hour. I like doing the TJ first, because it keeps my heart rate up while doing the strength. Otherwise, I can't keep my heart rate above 90 or 95 BPM and can't burn alot of calories.
  • jamie77
    Options

Awesome, thanks.

Well, I just started adding in Turbo Jam with the Lean Phase, because I wasn't happy with the results doing the ChaLEAN program alone.

Let me clarify....I don't want to discourage anyone who may be just starting with this program. It's working great for my arms, legs and butt. My waist line just doesn't seem to be changing much. They say that our bodies with take the path of least resistance for burning the fat...well, my waist and belly are really, really resisting any fat burning it seems. I just thought I needed to step it up a notch.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    :laugh: I totally understand what you are meaning.
    My arms, legs, etc look AMAZING!
    However, following the program, the lack of "assigned" cardio is leaving a few areas.... softer then I'd like.
    Hence... why I am planning on adding in additional workouts.

Doing the TJ 20 are you finding it adequate?
    I was going to do a longer routine but I am worried I will bonk out during the Lean phase if i do that.
  • jamie77
    Options
    Definitely! I think it's the perfect length to combine with the lean workouts. Well, it's perfect for me, it may not be perfect for everyone. I feel like I've had a tough work out and feel fabulous the rest of the day.
    I wouldn't try to do the 45 minute cardio party TJ workout before a lean workout. You would bonk out!
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Awesome! That is just the info I was needing!
    I will go and readjust my calendar to be more practical.
    Thank you!
    :flowerforyou:
  • jamie77
    Options
    Awesome! That is just the info I was needing!
    I will go and readjust my calendar to be more practical.
    Thank you!
    :flowerforyou:

You're most welcome! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    Options
    Thanks Jamie, I'm in the same boat and appreciate your response.
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I'm going to ask the same question here that I asked the TJ board (as many are doing CE on there too). I am having issues with being exhausted after workouts, typically for majority of the day. I'm thinking I need to up my calories again, but wondering how far I should stray from what MFP suggests? I have set my activity level at one level above sedentary as I have a desk job and sit all day. But, being that I'm doing CE, I think my resting calorie burn is much higher, so maybe I should up that. Either way, MFP has me between 1500-1600 cals, depending on what I set it at. With exercise cals, it's around 1800-2000. I think I might need more than that, as I'm still exhausted all day even with 2000 cals. So, how closely do you follow the MFP recommended cals for the day?

I did order a new HRM that has a chest strap, as I think my current one may be underestimating my calorie burn, which might be why I'm feeling sluggish...I'm not getting enough fuel?
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Burn Circuit 3 today plus a 2 mile easy run. I'm really feeling like these 3 weeks of Burn before our long trip are for learning and getting good form. I've decided to definitely do the Burn over again when we get back. 2 weeks off is just too much to go heavy and not get hurt.

Fitzfour: I think you are on the right track in getting a new HRM. Although I'm thinking one step above sedentary for a working mother isn't necessarily an accurate choice. If those boys in your picture are any indication you are probably more active than that.
  • purple120
    Options
    Fritzfour - I also think you're on the right track with a HRM, I love mine. Trying to figure out the calorie thing is always such a hard thing to do but take it slow, make small changes each week and see how things workout for you, we're all different. Try increasing your caloric intake by 100 cals for one week at a time and see how your feel. Or increase your carb intake see if that works. It's going to take sometime for you to figure what's really going on with you. I have hypothyroid, have you had yours checked, how about your water intake.

Hope you feel more energized.

Happy Friday everyone :flowerforyou:
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Fritzfour - I also think you're on the right track with a HRM, I love mine. Trying to figure out the calorie thing is always such a hard thing to do but take it slow, make small changes each week and see how things workout for you, we're all different. Try increasing your caloric intake by 100 cals for one week at a time and see how your feel. Or increase your carb intake see if that works. It's going to take sometime for you to figure what's really going on with you. I have hypothyroid, have you had yours checked, how about your water intake.

Hope you feel more energized.

Happy Friday everyone :flowerforyou:

Thanks! I actually didn't work out this AM, just went for a brisk walk at lunch time and I have more energy today than I've had in days! I find the days I don't work out, or workout lightly I have lots of energy. It's my CE or TJ days that I'm dragging. I think it's just a matter of really upping my cals on the days I work hard and keeping it at a decent level the lighter days. I'm only in my 2nd week of CE, so it's definitely still an adjustment period for me!
  • HijabiFlygirl
    Options
    Hey guys I'm new. Just started the Chalean extreme today and its just what I was looking for. I have P90X as well, but I have neighbors downstairs, and I wanted more weights.

very pleased.
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Burn 3, Week 2 for me today. And thanks for the reminders of good ole TJ-I got in CP2 today. I forgot how fun that can be! A nice change of pace :bigsmile:
  • fitzfour
    Options
    I skipped Burn Intervals and went running for the first time (I HATE running). I ran 2.5 miles without stopping! I was so proud of myself and it felt so good. My 5 year old told me he knew I could do it and I was determined to show him I could!

We were at a family get together, many people of which I haven't seen for a few months) and everyone was asking what I had been doing to look so fit. They all were commenting on my arm muscles...it felt so good to have someone else notice besides just me!

Hope you all are having a great weekend. Finally some nice weather here in MN! I'm planning another run in the morning!
  • rinalynn
    rinalynn Posts: 87
    Options
    Congrats on the 2.5 !! :drinker: doesn't it feel great to accomplish something like that?

Glad to hear you are having better weather, I am heading out to MN in two weeks. The weather here in NY hasn't been the greatest either.