GIrl, please; are bikini pics really the best display of a "

Options

Replies

• tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Wear what you want, doesn't matter to me. I do find that clothing needs to be appropriate for the activity. Take vigilante crime fighting, for example:
    fat-batman-04.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • FainJ
    FainJ Posts: 25
    Options
    My thoughts exactly! (To the guy who said "not nearly enough bikini pics on here")
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I was overweight, I was appalled by it and I certainly didn't deserve to wear a bikini because of the way I had abused my body through lack of exercise, binge drinking and over eating rubbish. I turned this round and am now closer to a position wear I deserve to wear one.

"Deserve" to wear a bikini? How does this work? Is there a point system for determining one's worthiness of wearing a bikini? Is there a committee somewhere that I can submit my bikini photos to?
  • hiemerapril
    hiemerapril Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP, not to pick on anyone- that is just my personal preference to not show off my entire body- have a little secrecy, be a little innocent! :)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    When there are complaints about guys without shirts whether it be in their av or in a thread then I will consider this topic worthy.
    Until then it is simply hypocritical.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    So whilst you're having a go at me... I wasn't just fat "bashing", I was also underweight "bashing".

I'm not stopping anyone wearing a bikini and I'm entitled to my own opinion... You all just want to hear one thing...why bother posting asking for thoughts if you don't want to know genuine thoughts?

I was overweight, I was appalled by it and I certainly didn't deserve to wear a bikini because of the way I had abused my body through lack of exercise, binge drinking and over eating rubbish. I turned this round and am now closer to a position wear I deserve to wear one.

Don't "bash" the person who's being honest and don't try to make others with my opinion feel unwelcome to post and silenced. We have an opinion and we have our reasons for having that opinion just as you do. It is after all, JUST an opinion. I'm not going round forcing people to cover up or anything and well, if those with far from suitable bodies for a bikini choose to wear one, more power to you, but don't expect me to like it. Why not have a bit of self respect and dignity and choose a nice one piece suit that flatters your figure?!

Just as we have the right to tell you our opinion of your opinion is that it is f**king stupid but hey its JUST an opinion right:flowerforyou:

exactly.
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I love seeing postings where the person has the self confidence to post their pictures of any type. As a 61 year old nudist since 1972 bodies of any size and shapes can be comfortable. www.aanr.com

When I was at my heaviest I did not feel comfortable in clothes. I feel more self conscious in clothes than nude. So yes I would encourage everyone to post those bikini pictures if they have the courage and self confidence to do so.

Love this. I've always felt I looked better naked than in clothes that push and pull my fat into bunches. My apartment's too cold for it right now, but in the summer time, I walk around naked or in my underwear as much as I can (at home lol)!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I think body confidence is hugely under-rated.

However; is it really confidence that leads a woman to feel she needs to display her nearly naked body for comment?

Personally (and yes, this is my OPINION) I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap. I don't wear a bikini. I don't wear a sports bra without a shirt over it. I don't wear "ta-da!" shorts. Or any number of the myriad of revealing clothes that I've been told I should aspire to wear. I don't let my daughter wear them either.

Thoughts....

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Wearing super short shorts and a really revealing top is just disgusting in my personal opinion, UNLESS they're your workout clothes (and even then, there's a fine line between what's acceptable and what makes someone look like a *kitten*).

I'm sorry, can you repeat that? I couldn't hear you over your cleavage.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Why not have a bit of self respect and dignity and choose a nice one piece suit that flatters your figure?!

I have found many two pieces that flatter my figure. Why dont you choose a nice muzzle that flatters your attitude?!

Omg win!!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Why not have a bit of self respect and dignity and choose a nice one piece suit that flatters your figure?!

I have found many two pieces that flatter my figure. Why dont you choose a nice muzzle that flatters your attitude?!

^^^

Someone get this woman a cape STAT because she is a freaking super hero!!!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

Gale, you are awesome.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Wearing super short shorts and a really revealing top is just disgusting in my personal opinion, UNLESS they're your workout clothes (and even then, there's a fine line between what's acceptable and what makes someone look like a *kitten*).

I love how you are wearing a tank top and allowing the whole world to admire your cleavage while you are preaching modesty.....
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Right there with you on that. It's unnecessary to start calling her names simply because there are different views on this topic. Yikes. :(

^^^^ That.

Some of you all need to go eat a piece of cake or something.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

:laugh: muzzle
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    ..PS....YOUR HUSBAND APPRECIATES THEIR HARD WORK AS WELL. JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW HES NOT JUST LOOKING AT YOU.

EXACTLY! Hey OP, your hubby looks.. I promise you that. We all LOOK. He may say how gross that girl with the banging body is while strutting her stuff in that hot pink bikini, but later that night he is totally using a mental snapshot.

Just saying. You are reaping the rewards of HER hard work.

Muah

"It ain't easy being this b*tchy"

LOL....Harsh, but true... lmao!!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread I'm impressed to see how many people want to set the Women's Rights Movement back a few hundred years.

*sigh*

However, like MK said, this is a fantastic way to make note of who not to friend and who to ignore on the forums...

E do you mean that women who want to flaunt their bodies are setting Women's right movements back or women who want to cover other women up are? (Like I said a little earlier - somewhere in the mess or replies.)

The people who are shaming other women for being confident, people who seem to think clothing is a sign of morality are setting back the WRM.

I'm suddenly beyond excited for the Slut Walk in August.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    And what do you think should be done with these "*kitten*"? These brazen women daring to dress as they choose, almost like it were a free society or something...

Is public shaming enough or should we start stoning them?

Um, I'm pretty sure we should form a Beauty & the Beast-scene mob with all the MFP villagers and go stone the slutty wenches! And bring the magic mirror so they can see their whorish selves while they're being stoned.

I know you're joking but BELIEVE me the MFPuritans love nothing more than clicking "report" 90 times a day on any pic they don't like (i.e. people who've actually lost weight, look good and make them feel bad about themselves while they eat Cool Ranch chips)
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks and loose skin (sort of comes with the territory when you carry around an extra 120+ pounds for several years and then get rid of it) and I am VERY self-conscious about those things, in part because my husband has a similar view as the OP - if it doesn't look gorgeous, cover it up.
    I love my hubby and typically don't show off my ugly loose skin, but misskortney inspired me yesterday to take bikini pictures and post them on here and even though it was mortifying in that I know I don't look that good without clothes, I am glad I did it because I got several comments from women who have a long way to go in their weight loss journeys and want to know, realistically, what they can expect when they're done.

You do not have "loose ugly skin" you are a tiger who has earned her stripes!! :flowerforyou:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

:drinker: :love:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

"Deserve" to wear a bikini? How does this work? Is there a point system for determining one's worthiness of wearing a bikini? Is there a committee somewhere that I can submit my bikini photos to?
    I had this EXACT same thought! Who decides who "deserves" to wear bikinis...?