Not accepting new friends. Need to... vent? Im not angry.

Options
I understand. I really do. You have too many already. You really want to be able to support those you have. Whatever.

I get it but it still sucks.

Im having a real hard time right now (I know... wah, wah, wah) and I was reading through the blogs out there to see if anyone can relate. So, I find your words to be inspiring and think that maybe you would be a great support for me.
(totally selfish I know, but I do try to support my friends also. So dont lecture...)

When I click through to your page to send a request Im met with a...

**PLEASE READ***
I am not accepting new friends at this time, [insert reason here]...

ok, that sucks but I move on. Back to the blog. Maybe I can just "subscribe" to it. Maybe just having your words in my inbox will be just as inspiring. So I click subscribe...

Nope, you dont want that either.

So, essentially you have your group and thats it. I get it. I really do.

It still sucks.

I was on that beachbody site and, honestly, its worse there. Everyone's so fit and perfect that they have no need for... newbies? fatties? someone not like them...

Unfortunately, MFP sometimes feels like that.

Sorry, its just a bit disappointing sometimes. Feeling like the outsider...

Replies

• binkxo3
    Options
    Agreed. There are always going to be cliques. Especially on the internet. Keep your head up. Anyone who doesnt want to take the time to meet and help new people isnt ready to help themselves! Good Luck! & Feel free to add me.

PS. Watch what you say on here... the evil clique trolls will eat this post right up (:
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend!
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Agreed. There are always going to be cliques. Especially on the internet. Keep your head up. Anyone who doesnt want to take the time to meet and help new people isnt ready to help themselves! Good Luck! & Feel free to add me.

PS. Watch what you say on here... the evil clique trolls will eat this post right up (:

Oh I know... Im waiting and bracing myself.

Thanks for the kind words!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I'm always on the lookout for new friends. I regularly delete those who are not being healthy, not logging in, etc.
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    F*** the trolls.

If they don't want to be your friend you don't need them.

On wards and up wards there's lots of nice ones out there.

My friends list is open to you if you want to add me :o)

And anyone else. You can never have too many friends and too much support.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    That stinks! I didn't know people even did that!
  • PompousClock
    Options

**PLEASE READ***

ok, that sucks but I move on. Back to the blog. Maybe I can just "subscribe" to it. Maybe just having your words in my inbox will be just as inspiring. So I click subscribe...

When someone posts something I find interesting, I'll click through to their profile to see whether we have compatible goals and whether I should send a friend request. I find it funny that your profile reads:

Piezoeyjune has chosen to keep her profile private.

:)
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think people are trying to be 'cliquish', I think people just want to be able to focus on and have time for the friends they have on MFP. This site is not just a casual site like facebook where people blog about everything and anything. For the most part, the people here are really trying and some really struggle with weight loss. It's nice to be able to actually keep up with your list of friends and be encouraging. I trim my friend list quite a bit, because I just feel like i can't keep up. If I see people who are not active, I have to cut them. I want to be a supportive friend, but I have a life outside of MFP, so I can't have super long lists of friends to chat with or i'll be on here too much.
  • synthetiquecindy
    Options
    Feels like high school again, doesn't it? :(.

Keep your chin up and look for inspiration in other types of people.

I take great inspiration in people of all different levels of physical fitness. :) There are so many different traits that you can find in an inspiring weightloss-friend: Willpower, dedication and self-restraint and a real desire to see others fulfilling their goals no matter how far along they've come.
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize that people were so overwhelmed, not to mention so important, that they feel the need to declare they are not accepting friends.

Really... seriously??? This is a fitness website.. get over yourself.

And, OF COURSE, I will be your friend. :)
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    aw :( just keep your head up!
  • piezoeyjune
    Options

**PLEASE READ***

When someone posts something I find interesting, I'll click through to their profile to see whether we have compatible goals and whether I should send a friend request. I find it funny that your profile reads:

Piezoeyjune has chosen to keep her profile private.

:)

I know. Im fixing that right now. I did that is a fit of "i suck... why bother... no one cares... blah blah blah. trying to get back up and brush off the dust.

Gotta go and change the settings...
  • piezoeyjune
    Options
    I honestly don't think people are trying to be 'cliquish', I think people just want to be able to focus on and have time for the friends they have on MFP. This site is not just a casual site like facebook where people blog about everything and anything. For the most part, the people here are really trying and some really struggle with weight loss. It's nice to be able to actually keep up with your list of friends and be encouraging. I trim my friend list quite a bit, because I just feel like i can't keep up. If I see people who are not active, I have to cut them. I want to be a supportive friend, but I have a life outside of MFP, so I can't have super long lists of friends to chat with or i'll be on here too much.

I agree and understand. I just had to... i dont know. I guess I was feeling really alone and needed to... get it out, i guess.
  • binkxo3
    Options
    meh. controlling my mean-ness.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :heart: One can never have too many Friends, and I would NEVER post a statement that I am Not Accepting New Friends.
    :ohwell: On the other hand, I do worry that with Hundreds of Friends I cannot encourage and support each of them the way they deserve, and expect.
    :laugh: And I feel GUILTY if I "Delete" a Friend, even if they have been Inactive for months and have not responded to Messages that I send.
  • newfieborn
    Options
    I am not into that silly stuff. I am here to lose weight and I like to meet as many people as possible. I don't chat a lot but I like to see other people's progress (and to show mine). Sent a friend request if you like.
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me, I don't mind, more the merrier :happy:
  • piezoeyjune
    Options
    :heart: One can never have too many Friends, and I would NEVER post a statement that I am Not Accepting New Friends.
    :ohwell: On the other hand, I do worry that with Hundreds of Friends I cannot encourage and support each of them the way they deserve, and expect.
    :laugh: And I feel GUILTY if I "Delete" a Friend, even if they have been Inactive for months and have not responded to Messages that I send.

170 POUNDS LOST?!

Holy Crap, thats awesome! (For some reason "Bill and Ted" are popping into my head right now. :laugh: )
  • AprilG412
    Options
    I am always looking for supportive friends, because I believe in being one. I am a mother of 3 and in my late 30's. I still need alot of weight to go, but I know I will get there. If you think we could be friends by all means add me and if not well I understand I may not be a good fit for you.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for new friends and sharing support! I understand your frustration... you're not alone.