True Love ...Does it exist??

Options

Replies

• 1rayhamilton
    Options
    I'm truly, madly in love with my fiance..and yes, sometimes, (not always) peoples paths cross, and they were MEANT to meet.
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Love is not like the fairytales where you fall in love and tada happy ever after.
    I do believe in true love but once you have found it, it takes alot of work and commitment to keep it.
    Ask most couple who have been together for 20-30 years and they will tell you they had rough patches and probably wanted to give up, but if you truley love each other, you will be willing to work at keeping the relationship healthy and striving. If one person isnt willing to try and make it work then its not true love.
    I loved and lost and learned the hard way many times but now that I have found someone who loves me just as much as I love them and willing to work for a lifetime together its amazing.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Won't believe it until I see it.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    <
    This guy is madly in love with the bride to be in the picture. I totally believe in it and can't wait to marry this woman on May 18th!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    <
    This guy is madly in love with the bride to be in the picture. I totally believe in it and can't wait to marry this woman on May 18th!

Congratulations!! Now hold that thought for at least another 50 years and may no mountain seem insurmountable!!!
  • hellokittiexx
    hellokittiexx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I definitely believe in true love! I thought I was just living in a "dream world" as I've been told many times so I'm thankful I came across this post and see I'm not the only believer left in this world.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in "soul mates" or "destiny" or "fate" but I found a man that makes me happy.
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Yes true love does it exist I'm just waiting for the right person for me God has some one out there
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Yes true love does it exist I'm just waiting for the right person for me God has some one out there
    That was beautiful, again broughta tear to my eye, oh wait that was from rofl dying of laughter lol-TyTy
  • cmthorsness
    cmthorsness Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What makes it True Love? Love is love!
  • GardenFolly
    Options
    Personally I believe in love as a verb. The basics involve trust, mutual goals, similar ideals .... the remainder is up to us. I waited until a bit later in life to get married. Frankly I was too afraid and/or lacked enough knowledge of myself to make a firm commitment. In my mid 30's I did what I call 'remedial dating.' It was as much about the process as it was about the goal of finding a mate. After much ado ... I married a man I had known for 17 years! There are always challenges, but I trust him enormously. Did I mention I also raised a son on my own (until age 15.) LOL!! We have navigated our way through many challenges, and there are times I refer to our relationship as being "trench buddies." Now that life is a tad more stable, the work of loving continues. On that note ... I wonder if my beloved would like to take a walk with me!
    If you want to love, are capable of giving ... you can have a great partner!
  • Papalov100
    Papalov100 Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    U will know if ur in love with someone and just maybe they might be ur true love
  • kfhoffman12
    Options
    YES! in many forms... just not with one person. I, however, am marrying my soul mate and love of my life exactly 5 months from today! :D
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Just looking for opinions here (I am not looking for an argument or anything), but do you think "true love" exists or just a fairytale?? I will be totally honest...I get very jealous when I see happy couples walking around because I am in the middle of a divorce. A divorce that needs to be done not just for the safety of myself but my babies, but it is still heart-breaking nevertheless because "dreams" have gone down the tubes. You won't understand unless you have experienced a divorce. So what is your opinion....
    it does exist!
    While married I was convinced that those "happy couples" were faking it in public. But after my divorce I found my true love. And now me & my love are one of those happy couples. :flowerforyou:
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have been with my husband for 13 years and I believe he is my true love :heart: :heart: . Sometimes it takes a few trys to get it right, I know I have been divorced twice, but the right person for you is out there.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I've been divorced (twice! yay me). And I can remember a time seeing happy couples and families together and feeling sad that I was alone. But...the human spirit is incredibly strong! My kids and I got through it and we were A FAMILY .. every bit as much as children with 2 parents living at home.

And I am happy to say that I met the man of my dreams for 4 years ago (no plans for marriage lol). Love does exist...at any age!!!
  • Want2BSkinny13
    Options
    I think it's rare, but it does exist
    Over the past couple of years I have been slapped in the face with some harsh reality..that most people dont care.....even if they know you!
    There is little respect out there...sad

BUT I still think there are some good eggs out there...
  • Want2BSkinny13
    Options
    Yes, but where are they hiding those good eggs...I feel like its one big Easter Egg Hunt, and I keep finding the rotten ones...
  • Want2BSkinny13
    Options
    :heart:
    You have to love yourself first.

So True!
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    True love is the same as a fit body. As long as you work it and mantain it, then you've got it. If you stop maintaining it, you'll loose it again.