If it fits in my daily calories...

Options

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Im not gonna eat anything I shouldn't till I get to my goal. Dedication will get me results. The cheeseburger isn't going anywhere. You can eat anything you want when your kids dont have to worry about your breathing, etc. If it hurts, that means its addicting. Thats like saying a crackhead should be able to splurge on crack "every once in a while". Most of us are un-healthy. Lets do this. Put the burger down!!!!

WOW buddy, you really need to lighten up - comparing the odd cheeseburger with crack?:explode: have you ever met a crack addict??
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Im not gonna eat anything I shouldn't till I get to my goal. Dedication will get me results. The cheeseburger isn't going anywhere. You can eat anything you want when your kids dont have to worry about your breathing, etc. If it hurts, that means its addicting. Thats like saying a crackhead should be able to splurge on crack "every once in a while". Most of us are un-healthy. Lets do this. Put the burger down!!!!

WOW buddy, you really need to lighten up - comparing the odd cheeseburger with crack?:explode: have you ever met a crack addict??

With his logic, any food we enjoy is akin to crack.

So we should only allow ourselves to eat food that we don't enjoy, I guess.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I will continue to eat what I want as long as it fits in my calories. It's working for me. :)
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

They've already gotten to another one.

(Drugs are obviously bad for you. Yeah. Little or a lot, same thing. Food? Lots is bad for you. Yeah. A little? No. It isn't.)
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options

I don't believe weight loss in itself makes you healthier. I would like to see the cholesterol levels and blood pressure readings of the people losing weight by eating junk food (and I'm talking about daily junk food, not the occasional indulgence). I bet mine is lower even though I weigh more.

We have dozens of threads a day that rail on about how fat is inherently unhealthy and you can't possibly be fat and healthy, so it's okay to judge fat people on their appearance alone. I mean, we KNOW they're unhealthy, right? Does this not imply that they MUST improve their health, at least somewhat, solely by losing weight? Otherwise, how is it possible to judge people fairly, solely based on weight?

HINT: It's not. Nor is it possible to judge health based on what people eat. Some people will be healthier than others at exactly the same weight with exactly the same diet, because there are more factors involved and not all of them are controllable. This is why it's no one's place to judge another's diet or weight. We all have plenty to do just being responsible for ourselves.
  • imfittted
    imfittted Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen the pink slime that burger is made of? Because that is not supposed to be eaten. I don't care what other people eat, so I don't see why it should bother you, but you obviously have the more healthy outlook by not eating those things yourself. Getting the right balance of nutrients and avoiding artificial foods gives me more energy than when I was concerned only with the number of calories I was consuming.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Is there not anything better to do than argue on a forum?
    To each their own. Get over it.

^This.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    The question that comes to mind is Why would they eat it if they really knew how bad it was for their health?
    I mean moderation is key. I don't know you or your lifestyles and I don't look at peoples food journals and judge them either.
    Everyone has a reason behind why they ate what they ate. That is fine.. Just don't let the "excuses" get the best of you. We are all here for the same or similar reason(or at least that's what I thought).

Unfortunately, a smart individual would ask that about nearly everything available in grocery stores these days. With food dyes, added sugars, fat (a little of which is considered healthy), TRANSFAT, monosodium glutamate (MSG), and all the other chemicals that make our "food" enjoyable - if not downright addictive - to think the way you do, your **ONLY** option is to grow/make everything you want to eat. To object to the fat in a (presumably fast-food) burger but not all that other stuff is the same as ignoring the fat in a burger. Some people claim food dyes lead to autism. A diet high in added sugars increases your waist and your chance of type 2 diabetes, which can lead to heart problems, stroke, poor circulation, a less effective immune system, vision problems, and other not-so-fun stuff. Studies are also finding that some cancers can use sugar to develop. MSG....don't even get me started on that.

So, have you started your own farm? If not, then what are your excuses?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I don't believe weight loss in itself makes you healthier. I would like to see the cholesterol levels and blood pressure readings of the people losing weight by eating junk food (and I'm talking about daily junk food, not the occasional indulgence). I bet mine is lower even though I weigh more.

We have dozens of threads a day that rail on about how fat is inherently unhealthy and you can't possibly be fat and healthy, so it's okay to judge fat people on their appearance alone. I mean, we KNOW they're unhealthy, right? Does this not imply that they MUST improve their health, at least somewhat, solely by losing weight? Otherwise, how is it possible to judge people fairly, solely based on weight?

HINT: It's not. Nor is it possible to judge health based on what people eat. Some people will be healthier than others at exactly the same weight with exactly the same diet, because there are more factors involved and not all of them are controllable. This is why it's no one's place to judge another's diet or weight. We all have plenty to do just being responsible for ourselves.

^And this.
  • Kazimira
    Kazimira Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Please point me to said 400 calorie double cheeseburger. Thanks

McDonalds Mcdouble ($1) no pickle, no bun....less than 400 cal. Even a qtr pounder w/ cheese no bun...they put it on a bed of lettuce. That's my twice a month indulgence!

Whats the point of a hamburger with no bun???

Meatloaf with toppings.
  • eternitywaitsloss
    Options
    My boyfriend and I agree on ONE "cheat" day a week - basically we eat super-healthy all week. On friday we eat a normal breakfast and lunch, but we get to cheat a bit with dinner and have pizza or chinese or something from a deli. We don't really get fast food from McDonald's or BurgerKing or any place like that. Whenever we tried to do that on our cheat days, we ended up feeling kind of ill afterwards.
    There are times we still feel ill after our cheat day when we just have pizza or chinese food. We're less likely to get pizza because the grease in the cheese tends to upset our stomachs. Chinese will always be my favorite cheat day food, though. :)
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    If you reach in front of me and try to take away the cupcake I ate last night, or the wine I have most nights, or the chocolate i refuse to give up, or the ice cream that I like to indulge in, or the chicken strips that I inevitabley have once a week, or my burger and fries Fridays I will rip off your arm and beat you with the bloody stump . . . I protect these things like family.

PS - I have been very successful.

LOL! Agreed. I have the OCCASIONAL treat and once a week wine/cheese night with the hubby. I believe all things in moderation are ok. I don't eat "bad" foods daily but personally I've found if I try to make them totally off limits then I freak out and over indulge! I plan for my treats and have them on big calorie burn days. :)
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I have met too many. Im not gonna argue with you on here. You got my opinion...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Why is it all or none with some people? "You eat cheeseburgers every day, so you're unhealthy and doing badly." It's like because we eat foods that aren't good for us, there's no hope. We should stop counting calories and just binge all day and gain 80 pounds, I guess.

The main reason I dislike many clean eaters (not clean eating) is because a lot of them get pretty snobby. Your way isn't the best, or most realistic way for a lot of us.

Not all cheeseburgers are that unhealthy. You can make them at home and they're just fine.

Cheeseburgers were just an example. Replace it with Twinkies if you like.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

Crack has been helping me reach my weight loss goals actually. It boosts my cardio through the roof!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP in many way but equally cutting everything out is equally wrong. I'll eat 55 clean meals a week, i'll have 1 of anything I like. I know from actual bloodwork results from my Dr's that I'm in A1 health and a majority of my health markers for things like liver, thyroid, kidneys are at the top end of the tests for health.

One does need to learn to reprogram themselves to a degree away from their old diets because that is how one will simply rebound back up to a similar weight as they have not enable to change their lifestyles in terms of how and what they eat and the amounts they consume.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    If you're going to eat a burger....make it a REAL burger, not some skimpyassed cardboard POS. And plan for it...like me

nugget-diner---awful-awful_0326-rsaake.jpg

Oh, dear, sweet, Jesus......... I think I just had a burgasm........
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Crack has been helping me reach my weight loss goals actually. It boosts my cardio through the roof!

SCORE!
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    Thats like saying a crackhead should be able to splurge on crack "every once in a while".

No it's not. Two different animals. You need calories/fats/proteins/carbs to live and be healthy. You don't need crack.

Look at the loads of people in this thread who have enjoyed HUGE success with their weight-loss and still eat (in moderation) what they want. I ate a Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger for lunch yesterday. It was 400 calories. Eat what you want though. Your program is YOUR program. Don't tell me to put down my cheeseburger though. Now, you are trying shoulder in on my program and that ain't happenin' Cap'n.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options

The flip side of that coin is that not everyone can start out eating whole quality foods if they are used to eating junk food. Sometimes staying under your calories while continuing to eat what you're used to is the starting point, not making huge changes all at once. Too many people fail at weight loss because they think they have to be deprived of things they like and must eat stuff they hate to be "healthy." Weight loss is hard enough. Stop trying to make it harder by imposing rules that aren't necessary.

ty

Dec 26, 2004 , i had high b/p so high the hospital was afraid i was going to have a stroke (almost 200 over 100 something
    i came home and for 5 months (almost 6) i ate perfect , cut all crap foods, lost 50 pounds BUUUTTT i couldn't sustain it, i needed to be able to live and not be so limited, i went off my program 1 day and binged and i couldn't stop .. i REgained those 50 pounds and 30 pounds MORE ..

so now i am slowly changing my diet .. 1st i started limiting fast food (maybe 3x since November)
    im cutting back portions ( from 3k cals to 2k cals )

im now working on getting more water in and limiting coke/tea

also a few days ago, i started working out .. i am doing this in baby steps, b/c this is a life style change, not a diet ..
    slowly i will get better and better at food choices

my heighest was 312.6 ,, this month i hit 299.0 ( i am up a couple pounds right now to 301.6 but i know its water retention as i can feel im bloated)

i have a long way to go, and this is the right way for me .. and i dont see why it would bother anyone else what I or anyone else eats for that matter ..
    not trying to fight or anything just sharing my opinion

end rant
    (sorry)

~lisa~